Help with Eternal Sentinel

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Styix, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Styix New Member

Hey, I am a level 94 Necromancer with a SK merc. I have tried to kill this boss many many times in the solo dungeon for the quest Shades of Drinal: Puzzle Pieces.
    I know you have to make him charge into the gargoyles to kill him off. However, I am having an extremely hard time positioning my merc so that this takes place. whenever I get close to the gargoyles i get thrown across the room and completely out of position for him to charge.
    This is not to mention the craft that it is really hard to position my merc anywhere, let alone in the correct position when the boss is going to charge so that he hits the gargoyles. and it seems that i cant burn through the health regain regardless of having the gravelord sub title.
    Are there any suggestions? This is supposed to be a solo dungeon. I cant heal enough to tank him myself and i cant heal myself and my merc enough to be able to last long enough to get my merc in the correct position to kill off more than 1-2 gargoyles.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.;
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Train past it and FD. I never do this mob. A 15 or 20 minute kill in beta was enough for me.
  3. Styix New Member

ohh, lol i didnt know i could get past it without trying to kill it >.< thank you so much
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

I just did this as part of the sig quest. I had a healer merc and just spent 5 minutes running through all the statues trying to get the red text to go away, with my merc not attacking so aggro was always on me.

I right PITA but it works eventually
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

It was almost kicking from left to right, till i notice, i dont have to wait till he charge in order to destroy those gargolys. He just needs to punch them with the claws. Only tricky that it is not you to be kicked ^^
    Hum... reminds me, i dont have any char with fd oO