Help with Epic Quest

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Henge42, Mar 9, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

I'm haveing trouble gettting the update in lower Sebilis where you have to "Hail a scorned reet slave behind the Myconid Spore King".

The problem is actually getting there, the group always seems to get wiped before we get there. I thought of two grouping it but my guild does not have enough active players at that lvl to do that.

Anyone got any sensible suggestions?
  2. ARCHIVED-Bad-Moon Guest

When I went down there there wasn't a named to see through invis **this applies only to the actual Fungus men, many see invis mobs on the way there**.
    So the group invised to the Slave, waited for pathing to leave only one mob near, Tank agro'd it and then I hailed and clicked to get my update.
    By the time I finished and turned around there were 3 more mobs rampaging through the groups ranks, mostly due to pathing.
    As we all finished getting tossed down by the fungi men the Tank said it best, "Please tell me you got the update."
    Biggest thing in that area is the pathing. Not sure if Nulmail would give you enough time to get your chat with the frog done if you tried a suicide run.
    ** Edit between double **
  3. ARCHIVED-Sluglord Guest

Nemesine@Befallen wrote:
    The two ways I've seen it done are as the other poster reported--getting to the cave area and in effect suiciding as you get the update--and the way I did it, which was two-grouping it. By far the latter is easiest, as getting down there intact takes a fairly competent group. The mobs repop fast and the 85^^^ dudes down there are no joke. I play on a PvP server too so our group makeups are never quite optimal.

In fact, we raided Chardok as well for Illusionist, Conjuror, and Warlock updates in our guild; three groups rip through that mess pretty fast. If you can possibly get at least two groups up for your stuff it's much, much easier.
  4. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

Nemesine@Befallen wrote:
    I know what you mean, it's a very tough spot to get to, we had a good group, but repops are fast and if you stall once you loose precious time coz repops will be there. We couldn't make it and one mistake means a wipe and start all over again.
    As a last resort I decided to take my chance and invis to the NPC when we got to the Spore King room.

Only the named sees invis (when I did it anyway), so you invis and hug the wall on your left and go to the NPC.
    You stand on top of the NPC, you watch the roamer in the room and once he's clear you break invis, hail, click through dialogue and that's it.

Now for safety you can ask your group to do the same if they are careful, so in case you aggro while hailing the NPC they can grab the mobs and buy you some time which should be enough to hail before you wipe.

Also, I want to say that there is no way that devs did check all of these epic updates themselves IN-GAME.
    Some other classes have ludicrous tough updates.