Help with Age's End: Shattered Fate

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Ichoris, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I have died more times trying to finish this quest than in all 100 levels of normal game play. I must be doing something wrong. It this supposed to be for a Raid or group and not solo?

I'm at the step where you are supposed to destroy the crystal generators. The problem is they are guarded by 103 epic x2 or x3. I'm level 100. I can't even even damage them for the most part.

Even when I damage the crystal it will regen it's health to 100% again. Then you have the dragon spraying you and dropping fire and bombs all over the place. Which is pretty easy to avoid but kill you if you are in the wrong place.

I have also broken the scripting a few times and had to restart the whole quest line. This might be the worst quest I have tried to do in the game.

Any direction or advice would be great. I just don't see what I'm doing wrong here. Unless the content is for a Raid or Group. Thanks!
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: I have not completed this quest myself.
    That quest/zone is meant for 12 players at level 95. It is an Epic x2 zone with optional challenge mode. At level 120 or even level 110, you'd have a decent shot at soloing it. At level 100, you might be able to get by with a single group.
  3. Balcerak Well-Known Member

This was definitely for a group at least at level 100. Should be soloable at 105-110. I know I soloed it when I was at 110 or maybe slightly below.
  4. Einhander65 New Member

I mentored to 100 from 120 and smashed it easy. Get up a few more levels
  5. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. I was able to get to the step where you have to pick up the sword. It wouldn't let me. Guessing because I had the staff? Not sure. Logged and came back and was able to get the sword. I can't kill the final boss - General Velryyn . I guess as people have said I need to level more and then mentor down and finish another time. Thanks again.
  6. Crock Member

Not a good memory on that quest / zone anymore, but with a decent 110 like Necromancer + a bit above solo gear (imbue and some effort) you should be able to - not solo it - but duo it. The quest in the zone requires, from my memory, 2 characters to pick up some quest objects, so you can't strictly solo it, although creating a second account and making a level 100 toon on it you should be able to pass all the requirements in the zone, if the weaker toon from second account doesn't die.
    Most of the time, you just need to switch back & forth between the 2 EQ2 windows and / or make the second toon follow the main power toon, and in case of the quest story, make the second toon pick up one of the 2 items at the end.

After that, you just have to fight a number of epic x2 enemies + an epic x2 boss, which, with enough dps, should be a pushover just for your main toon.
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

This is correct. One person has swords. The other person has staff. Follow the script from there.
  8. Tiga New Member

I have destroyed 2 crystals but 3rd is immune to attacks and I have endless arakyn to kill. Could use some help please:)