Help Us Make Our Games Better!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Veridius Member

Bugs submitted on the site have been fixed, and even the one mentioned as not having been updated as fixed was updated shortly after that post. I'd say it's a pretty decent indicator that the devs have been using it and have the ability to admin the system there.

Seems to be working.
  2. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The devs may be monitoring it, but if it took someone posting here about a lack of update there to get someone to do the update, either the person updating it is a community member just as dependent on update notes and discussion here to know what's going on as the rest of us, or the developers are not invested enough in that system to update it when they submit our update notes here. Either way, a rather poor indicator of the importance that bug tracking system holds.
  3. Veridius Member

That's a big "if". It is equally feasible that the dev(s) in question simply didn't update the bug tracking site immediately after fixing the bug and instead updated the site once they knew which changes they were going to be pushing to the live version of the client/server. The important aspect is having the bugs fixed, not in adding a strike-out line to the bug's listing on a website.

Well, it's like this... if they change their mind 20 times then users should try 20 different methods of reporting bugs... or, if a user has an issue with it, they can just not report bugs. The third route is whining about the whole thing, of course... and that's what forums are good for, but it's also why forums are cluttered with trivium and not very useful when it comes to getting concise, easy to find information for bugfixes.
  4. willow Member

I just wish we could go back, start over,,, what If the most powerful wizard in all the worlds casted a spell romoving all things,,, AA,, Levels,,, PLAT!!! and took the game back to ZERO... would you be PISSED?? or think its the most awesome start to Everquest 3 there is the restart,,, ??? just a thought....
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

Here's a suggestion. GET RID OF THE PLAT / KRONO SPAMMERS IN CHANNEL.
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

So sick to death of this.

[IMG]
    Kittybock and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Me too! Every time I see one of those I hit report a million times until my finger hurts. I know it doesn't do any good, but makes me feel better somehow. Keyboard rage I guess lol :p.
    flameweaver and Kittybock like this.
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Same. Well, I don't report a million, maybe, but I do report ;) SMH, who would be dumb enough to buy off folks like that? Sorry, being honest. I mean, there is a method in the game to get plat. Buy Kronos, sell on broker. Done. Safe transaction.

3rd party Gold Sellers are not safe.... Report, Block....Rinse, repeat.

Kitty
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I remember there was a time in this game that if you got caught buying plat from a seller you were given a one time warning and your plat was taken from you. If you did it again you got banned.
    s7n7a7k7e and Zookeeper like this.
  10. Uncle Active Member

I have already made a post about the spammers go vote for it listed under user name uncle
  11. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

I think it would be good for devs to poke their heads in just every now and then. Don't have to gives us answers to all of the things we ask or demand. But at least a simple message from a single dev once in a blue moon letting us know that they are listening would help quell at least some of the fears of abandonment many on the forum are feeling.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just a /report isn't enough. You ALSO have to put in a ticket. You can get to it in a browser at https://help.daybreakgames.com/

What needs to be done is the spam filter needs a couple of patterns added to it. Checking my log, the message has some chunks that could easily be identified:

• Kr0∩0
    • \/\/.\/\/.\/\/
    • /\/\ /\/\ 0
    • [C][O][Μ]

Those "W" and "M" are front and back slashes. Banning all spammers with these letter combos would make them work harder to get a message past the filters. Banning them by IP address or domain would be lovely too, but the plat farmers are big business and hard to slow down. SOE did a pretty darn good job of keeping it to a low roar once the filters for chat and inbox were added.

This shouldn't need an uber high-skills dev. Anyone who has code access can add these to the filter.
    Naramsin, Charlice, s7n7a7k7e and 2 others like this.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I have not explored Reddit all that much, did not find it quickly enough to post.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Gold Sellers and Exploiters publicly called out...oh, say stripping them and spawning an epic x4 on top of them. Then, banning them. Okay, yeah.... so my suggestion is not all that original, as ANet (GW2) recently logged into the account of a cheater, stripped them, flung them to their death publicly, then Deleted the Char....& banned them. They even shared the video.

C'mon, I'd bet Kander and Team could come up with something way better than that for gold sellers :D Public Floggings, ftw.

Kittaene
  14. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I am aware of this, even though I didn't mention it specifically. Thanks for putting it out there though! :)
  15. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

I believe back when duping was a problem in EQOA, they were banning people by IP address.

Funny thing is in EQOA, I had heard of devs in some instances showing up as special avatars when players were caught. The devs then explained to the player why they were there and publicly suited them where they stood along with banishment. I have never seen it myself but I have no doubt that they happened lol.
    Kittybock likes this.
  16. Uncle Active Member

@kittybock not reddit I actually put in a feedback on the link at the front of this forum

for the devs to actually see it is an issue and as others have stated yes all dbg has to do is go in and just make it to where if something just being reported as spam \/\/ /\/\ or what ever it reads is and puts it in problem sovled.
  17. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Ahh, gotcha, Uncle.

Just reported & submitted ticket for Gold seller that is selling plat and Kronos, has been for last hour on AB.I still vote for public floggings ;)
  18. Uncle Active Member

yewah maybe if enough ppl vote on it as being an issues someone will get a clue and fix the filter and maybe set up an auto ban feature ...
  19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Hmm, I can't see auto-ban, but perhaps a temp channel ban until they can be reviewed. Otherwise, folks could troll others with false reports. Umm, not that we'd ever have trolls in EQ2....

*digs through backpack...hands Uncle a rather smelly Troll ear*
    Here ya' go. I knew I had extra pieces left from completing my Forum Troll Lore and Legend ;)

Kitty
  20. Charlice Well-Known Member

They could simply put a level limit on using the 'public' chat channels. Or, they could flip the on switch for the spam filter.
    So far though they have chosen to do nothing.

Do you really believe DBG care about EQ2? I sure as hell don't.