Help Us Make Our Games Better!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Yet another 3rd Party site to be ignored on.

Seriously? Why not tell us to post EVERYWHERE on the internet as well?
    Merriel, Naramsin and Calthine like this.
  2. Xilox Sin New Member

Am I supposed to tell my friends that this Company is fast becoming a joke? Can't access that site via any of the major browsers (not even going to try Opera). IE is nice enough to tell me to turn on TLS, but of course it's already on. I assume that this is yet another problem on your end. Should I use Twitter, Reddit, or Facebook to notify you of the situation? Maybe I should make a Youtube video explaining it? How about Google+? RebelMouse anyone? Seriously, vacillating between laughter and tears over here lol.

Oh! This might get your attention (dollar-sign incoming). I felt bad, and gave you $20 today, before using the SC to buy Cloud of Bats for my Freeblood Illusionist.

Bug report this. Make the fricking item capable of being used in the appearance slot for mounts with stats (not working with Indomitable Pterodon at a minimum, did a /exit before checking any others).
    Prissetta, Merriel, Thalador and 2 others like this.
  3. Amaitae Active Member

Finally a step in the right direction. Now just add a way to request features, too, with jira. I proposed this a about two weeks ago as you can read here:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/feature-request-site.559560/

Also disable autocomplete in the input field above the captcha on the signup page since this input field opens a drop-down box of values to select from, effectively hiding the captcha image which you cannot read then to write what is shown.

And to all who do oppose this push to involve the community in order to improve this game: just don't contribute, go along nothing to see here.

This new system is a constructive move for improvement.
  4. Amaitae Active Member

please add this note to the signup page in huge letters
  5. Calthine Well-Known Member

While I appreciate your efforts to draw attention to the work of players, I am confused as to why you would encourage people to use a new system when there is a system in place? I find it hard not to be pessimistic about this change, and not because of the fan site, but because I don't know what it means about the overall health of DBG.
    Naramsin, Crafti, Seefar and 5 others like this.
  6. oldskool Active Member

Just because 10,000 players vote up some issue to #1 doesn't mean anything. The DBG team will decide what to fix based on cost vs benefit.
    Crafti, Seefar, Merriel and 2 others like this.
  7. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Better yet, add this note in huge letters, Bolded and Red

It is that important. I did not read this note until just after I signed up, so it is important to make sure there is no way anyone could miss this note.
    Seefar and Merriel like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

So this is a move to get the players to do the job that the support team used to be paid to do...so in other words...they do not want to pay staff members to do the job that they can get their players to do voluntarily. Yet they still want us to pay the same monthly subscription fee to play the game.

Seems every time we turn around, we are getting less and less for our dollar, yet being charged more for what we are being offered. I guess that's pretty standard though, in today's world. Nothing at all like the world I grew up in, unfortunately. Sadly, this does not surprise me. I do hope this is not looked at as a stab at the company itself, but rather, that it is viewed as criticism of the entire marketing strategy utilized by the companies of this day and age.

What I would like to say in order to remain constructive, is that I think Daybreak really does need to focus on one specific place to receive feedback...namely these forums, which were created for that very purpose. There is already a place in these forums for posting bugs and feedback, and I don't see any reason for us to go elsewhere to post that information. The support site is important as well, for posting issues that are seriously game-breaking and need to be addressed as soon as possible. If they remove the support site, and we don't have that avenue to rely upon, I only see even more players leaving the game because they can't get their issues resolved in a timely fashion. I really don't think Daybreak can afford to lose more players at this time.

Please reconsider this, as I think it is yet just another bad move on the part of the company, and will not help in any way. Thank you for hearing me out.
    Zookeeper, Crafti, Xilox Sin and 2 others like this.
  9. chrystophyr New Member

BRAVO Daybreak Team...
  10. cherica Member

amen zinj. our player base is getting older by the minute. Unless you love eq2 enough to really go searching for it, you wont find It, hence no new blood and dying game. Even Walmart no longer carries the game cards.
  11. cherica Member

This is wonderful if you want to be a programmer/dev when you grow up. Heck I don't pay my subscription to fix the game. I am happy to make a fast note when I find a problem but you look to be trying to have people devote the majority of playtime to improving your game. if you are rolling along questing or ?? isn't too bad to hit the bug button and make a few notes but now you are moving that to a totally different area. wait wait wait am I playing eq2 or handimans eq2..This is just strange. If you want me to devote my time to your repairs then you need to compensate me like you do the people who are improving the looks of the game by designing items for you to sell. Better yet rehire the people you fired which got paid for doing what you are trying to pawn off on paying customers.
    Calthine and Seefar like this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it have made more sense to just include this on the new DBG website? I don't think it would have hurt to have postponed this announcement by half a week/a week and just given it a url on the new website, instead of redirecting people to another site, then announcing the new DBG website a few days later. :)
    Seefar and Xilox Sin like this.
  13. Glenn_Australia New Member

I have been a player for 2 months, and this is my first post.

I work as a database developer and programmer, dealing with multiple clients and handling data concerning money, amounting to figures in the tens of millions annually. If I make a mistake and it is not caught before the end of month reconciliation, I can potentially cost the client 100k or more.

Not an environment to screw up in.

We need clear tracking of bugs, and accurate tracking of all developer actions, and all client contact.

We use Zendesk for client facing tickets, and Jira for Developers, and everything links together, allowing timely reporting to all stakeholders. Progress on the bug is emailed via Zendesk to all clients with the bug, and comments can be public or private (i.e posted to clients or developer only).

The solution as I see it is the in game petition system ties directly into the front-end ticketing system, and each ticket confirmed as a bug is linked to a JIRA task.

That way all players get acknowledgement of their bug, and the company must give a timeframe when the bug must be addressed.

You link the petition system to a new UI, where the player can see all petitions (tickets) lodged. All stakeholders are given Terms of Service that we will acknowledge and respond within 3 business days.

Granted we have about 42 clients, and Daybreak will have several thousand, the process is much the same.

Give the 3 business day guarantee to All Access members, providing another reason to subscribe.

I have worked as a technical lead for a few years, and I know it could be implemented without a disparate amount of resources allocated.
  14. Sasfer Member

Heres some ideas and not just about the game but are game related.

1. Stop using a third party site to identify and prioritise bugs. I have enough damn logins without needing another one when all of this should be done in house directly through your sites using the same damn login! /bug and go through all the options is ingame for a reason or how about just create a simple sub forum fir this sort of stuff that uses a poll to rate the issue and/or add comments. Then any issue that has loads of votes for the issue is obviously a high priority.

2. Updates. Not everyone uses FB, Twitter Reddit etc so when you announce stuff do it on all of them including the forums. At least have the feeds on every forum/sub forum/thread pages instead of only on the main forum page.

3. Link the Server Status page both the web version and the launcher version to a simple program or a simple on off button so it actually shows when the servers are down. Showing all servers are up when the server just went down for an update is obviously wrong. All servers up when you don't know there down for an update can lead people to suspect issues with there ISP and routing issues between them and the servers. Maybe add an extra status that shows Locked while its down for an update? Lost track of the time I've checked server status and it say there up yet it fails to connect to the login servers or goes the character select and says server is locked.

Edit: tweaked number 2.
    Thalador likes this.
  15. Taxet New Member

Is Daybreak going to pay me for doing work for them? Look DB...I pay to have fun...not fix your stuff for you. When I cant stand your lack of decent fixes I will move on to other money taking options......Your coming close to me leaving... FIX IT because I PAY MONEY for it!
  16. Thalador Active Member

This is why I stopped paying. 10 years of paying is more than enough. Now they want me to be QA for them because they fired 1/2 their staff? If you all fall for this I have a lakefront home in Tox Mound to sell you.
  17. Sasfer Member

How about giving characters that are maxed level and AA's the ability of earning status per kill? Doesn't have to be the same as when you kill something for xp and/or convert it to AA but a little status would be nice. Same goes for tradeskillers.

Change some of the older quests to be account wide after completion. Also increase the amount of faction gained for older content Faction quests. Make quest items we no longer need disappear from our inventory. all keys recieved can be used from bank/shared bank or better yet no physical key item and just a key tab on character window that lists keys we possess.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

For one thing, Daybreak needs to learn to watch their language. There are children who play this game and also there are those like me who don't appreciate getting email that is titled

I really thought you guys had a rule prohibiting that sort of thing on the forums. so now you think it is ok to send it in my email? get real. profanity is not welcomed by everyone
  19. Gramma Active Member

Oh no. I'm simply not going to create yet another account at yet another site. It's tedious and time consuming, and frankly, I pay to have fun, not to be annoyed. As it is, the Daybreak team is probably stretched mighty thin these days what with all the various sites they are supposed to be monitoring. I don't feel there is a guarantee that anything would come of sending suggestions or feedback to this new one, anyway. If Daybreak is so anxious to hear any feedback, how about they address the many issues others have raised right here in their own forum? Farming out the feedback and relegating it to a different website altogether seems so unnecessarily extra. It's almost as if Daybreak is hoping to discourage rather than encourage feedback.

Speaking of which:

Look: I know it's Smedley's game and he can do with it what he will, but why did he need to be so harsh in his criticism of it? WTF is going on, indeed? Trying to cram zombie-shoot-em-ups down our throats while declaring they are what the cool kids play is merely salt in the wound. Stop trying to make H1Z1 'happen'. Yes, it's cheaper to produce and maintain than a sandbox MMORPG. We get it. It's great that you're stoked about it, but really, some of us prefer to roleplay and have no interest in what appears to be a fad. If we want to play it, we'll play it. Kindly remember your roots, the geeky kids with their bags of dice and miniatures who were so impressed with the first modern MMORPG; Everquest. We're still here. We're still loyal.

We will still stubbornly log in to the bitter end, determined to make a go of it, even through the parceling out of the content, and the lackluster forked tongue business-speak the latest hyped up executive chirps at us. How about a little plain talk? Many of us were far from delighted by the new alarming remarks so casually uttered by Smedley. The distance he seems to be trying to create between himself and this enchantingly versatile game he helped create so many years ago just makes us imagine the death knells.

There are other games, of course, but nothing quite compares to the vast amount of options available here: exploring holidays, religions, cultures, art, character development, plotlines, lore, social functions, roleplaying, crafting, player housing, raiding, and dungeon creation...no other game offers such a lush array of ways to play. It's a lovely experience to have so much choice. We'd have to cobble together a lot of other games in order to even attempt to duplicate the fun we've had with the EQ franchise.

Go ahead and sell those zombies if you want to. Just try not to sweep this superior game under the rug. This game is an accomplishment and a work of art.
  20. DarkTexasQA Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

Greetings,
    QAA DarkTexas here.
    I just want to add something to your comment, Its impossible to keep the forums for Bug reports, if you want todo it professionally you have to use a system which is managing, tracking etc. Thats why we've decided to use the PIT (issuetracker).