Help starting eq2

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Excali, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Excali New Member

Short and simple I hope... Is Skyfire a good server to be on? Also in terms of class will I have issues getting groups and stuff as a tank main? What class should I go with if I went with tank? I recently played a pally and SK in eq1. I would not be oposed to healer if I would have a hard time as a tank looking for suggestions there as well.
    Stormy likes this.
  2. mrswebster9847 Member

If you're looking for the highest population I believe that's Maj Dul server. You shouldn't have any issues getting a group as a tank. As far as which tank to play, my favorites are SK and Berserker.
    Stormy likes this.
  3. NyteRose Member

It's been awhile since I played a tank class (alt, not mained) but I liked paladin and monk/bruiser. This is from a solo perspective only though.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Come the Fallen Gate, stuff do not cost 1million of plat and as a level (now 33) i made about a quarter of krono in 4 days. Most things are very affordable, and you have groups of all the levels fooling around. We don't have mercenaries which is very nice, we don't need 110 levels and lot of deity and ascenssion xp to start playing. Here you don't go afk while Lord obliterate orange ^^^ and clear your instance ;-) .. And so we don't have heroic toons or stupid agnostic dungeons ...

The P2win is limitated to familliar (which is important but limitated) and to xp potiions (which is a speed up rather than a P2win).

FG is probably making good money with personnal deposit, vitality potio, familliars and fancy stuff (appearance items or mounts). none of this is gamebreaking.

On top the game is way easier than back in 2007, a bit too much (indeed too much) . So you won't get here hard core raiding, but you will have some fun.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Skyfire is fine. Sk is fine. I have 4 of them
    Stormy and Rosyposy like this.