Help - Pet Problem!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-clairebear, Sep 9, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-clairebear Guest

My fiance's a level 90 necro but he's having problems with his pet. When he sends out his mage pet and tells it to range, it won't cast a single spell, just stand there. It states that "your pet will keep its distance and use ranged attacks" but still it stands there and does no damage. When he swaps it to melee, it will run in and melee only.
    Is there a reason why this is happening? It's majorly affecting his dps.
    Help!
  2. ARCHIVED-kellyrey Guest

This is pretty common when there is any sort of obstical around, such as stairs, tunnels, a pebble, but I haven't heard of it happening 100% of the time, everywhere, no matter if the pet is shrunk or not or in any illusion.
    A good example is Sergeant Levik in Karnor's castle, pet will sit at the bottom of the stairs thinking it has line of sight, spells will insist there isn't line of sight, and refuse to cast.
  3. ARCHIVED-clairebear Guest

He even gets it standing right in front of a training dummy :( pet just won't cast a thing
  4. ARCHIVED-kellyrey Guest

He's not using the ooze crawler, is he?
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

This problem has plagued pet owners since before the game launched.
  6. ARCHIVED-t20c06b Guest

This sounds to me more like something other than the "pet standing around" bug.

Is he using "/pet ranged" (tactic) rather than "/pet attack" (action) in his macros?
  7. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

This is usually a pathing bug ... sometimes is cannot find a path to the targets feet. All pathing is toe-to-toe and if there are issues with the line drawn between them the pet will just stand there.
    In some situations to fix this if the pet is set to protect and the summoner takes damage, but thats nothing more than a work around and itsn't practical.
  8. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

ive played necro/conj since the game started just came back to playing and ive gotten this alot... i have the telelport to me spell bound to my attack macro so i know it isnt a line of sight issue. the mage pet will just stand there like a dumba*ss and do nothing. so i have been using scout pet and get flamed for it alot :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Troy Guest

My mage pet is now running into the fray and hitting mobs with his little stick while casting spells. I have not played him in any new way, this is a new thing the pet is doing. Pet dies fast from mobs flurrys.
    Any ideas how to stop this?
  10. ARCHIVED-Dayliss Guest

I think the unflinching servant buff is the cause of the ops problem, I did the same thing myself earlier while swapping over from tank face to mage pants, just turn it orrf.
    Mage going kung fu happy is an old prob, used to happen me when he ran out of blue, lately I have no such problems myself but you could always anchor him to the floor and watch him rage.
  11. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

As a necro you should never spec Unflinching Servant in the first place. If you need AoE protection, use Blood Pact.
    Line of Sight problems have plagued summoner pets since before this game released. The devs know about it, but they as yet have done nothing to fix the problems.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dayliss Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Awww man, thanks for your opinion, but i'll continue to use what I feel is best for my tank leveling build if its all the same to you that is :D. you may continue to cry over LoS issues though, I have no problems with pet placement myself.
  13. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Dayliss wrote:
    The reason you don't use Unflinching Servant is because it Stifles your pet. In other words, it prevents your pet from using any spells or combat arts, which basically cripples it's ability to deal damage and generate hate. And besides since you can now see the detrimentals on your pet, all you have to do is hit your heal spell to cure the pet.
    The damage reduction is nice (with the Sentinel's Fate AA), but that's all it is, nice. And you don't even have that option at low levels. And besides with Tainted Heals, it shouldn't even be a concern.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dayliss Guest

Thanks for the info Xalmat, I knew about the stifle but still used it on long drawn out fights on harder content, slow long fights, oh yeah, did I mention slooow?
    But then yesterday I picked up the 85 mage master and all that has changed, I am now soloing same level heroic stuff of at least 2 arrows up with adds with total ease, with tainted heals, with speed. Only tried this in SoF over land zones so far. Respec inc.