Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-evilbp, Aug 13, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-evilbp Guest

I have started a mystic and Im having trouble trying to decide what TS I shuld go for. I would like to make my own gear (or items I can use) and be able to make a little money on the broker at the sametime. I was thinking armorer but Im not sure they can sell there wares well. Totems also look good since I'm a mystic and wont have invisibility (but that is the only totem that looks good to me). Does anyone with more knowledge than myself have any other ideas or suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated :).
  2. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

To be honest, in order for your craft to be useful to your adventurer, it will need to be the same level or higher depending on what craft you choose. In order to make money as well off of it, you will need to devote spare time to it to level and see what is selling on the broker....

All crafts can be useful to you as a mystic.... Try them all and see what you like. Be friendly with your local crafters and many of them will give you a good deal should you go to them with the rare for an item that you need.

You do not NEED to craft, only if you like it. Many people are professional harvesters and they make good money on that too.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mendou Guest

Well, items you could use:
    • Armorer: chain armor (7 pieces per tier for yourself)
    • Sage: App IV's and Adept III's for priests (all your own spells)
    • Jeweler: 8-9 pieces for yourself per tier
    • Woodworker: Buckler, totems and thrown weapons
    • Tailor: 2 hex dolls per tier and all your backpacks
    • Weaponsmith: 1 weapon per tier, maybe 2 if you want to switch from 1h to 2h
    • Carpenter: Storage Boxes and Sales crates. Furniture if you're in to that.
    • Provisioner: Your own food & drink
    • Alchemist: Potions
    Moneywise I'd say you'd get the most personal use out of Sage. As far as selling on the side for profit that would depend on your server, competition, etc. As you can see above, a case can be made for you to be able to make use of just about any tradeskill to some degree. Of course if you're crafting and want to turn a profit (or at least save any cash) you'll need to harvest a lot to get all the rares you'd need for just about anything. Well, except for provie... there roots are your main expense.
  4. ARCHIVED-evilbp Guest

I love crafting :)! I have a level 80 jewler. I was just trying to think of something different to do on this guy. That is why I wanted something fun and useful. I had a hard time selling anything I made as a jewler.
  5. ARCHIVED-Liyle Guest

Armoring is OK during the lower levels but in the end game you will not really need to make any more. There are only 7 armor slots and when they are full that is the end of that. Most of tradeskill sales revolve around "consumables" (items that are used up or broken during play.) As far as I know all classes have some. What you need to look at is which ones have reached market staturation and which are still vital. If you still like the idea of armoring, another path you can take is to make usable items for players as they crop up but spend most of your time doing writs for status and coin. To be honest, the average crafter does a mixture of things. What we tell most folks ids to pick the one that is the most fun to you and do as much as you enjoy.

The above is correct... if you plan to craft for yourself you need to run about 10 levels ahead of your adventuring because the recipes for a full set of armor cover the entire crafted tier, with the most important parts coming last.
  6. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

evilbp wrote:
    Well if you want something useful that will sell, try Provi. HOwever to get a stack of 20, it is 10 combines.. so it will take you a while to gain a stock of sellable goods for the market...

I think that My friend once did about 300 drinks to sell on market. Took her a few hours...
  7. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Mezzmyrelda@Unrest wrote:
    I wouldn't recommend Armorer either simply because they don't make much in the way of desirable gear, for chain it's a little better but for a plate priest it's a nightmare trying to gear for wis.

Sage and Prov will save you a lot of money plus as a sage you will always find people that want spells made.. or rather they will find you =)

8. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

If you want to be an armorer try picking up a secondary skill like tinkering or transmutting, that will help and level them at the same time you do your primary skill.
  9. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

evilbp wrote:
    You would most likely find sage to be most useful, easiest to level, and make the the most coin.
  10. ARCHIVED-Liyle Guest

Armorer makes tower shields and also some nice adornments. Guards eat shields when they use ToS so if you get a relationship with a guard that would be something you can provide. Our raid guardian burned 3 or 4 of them yesterday in one raid. It's also really satisfying to wear the armor you made for yourself, but as far as actually selling it as a commodity on the broker, maybe a few Mastercrafted pieces will be bought from time to time but forget about selling common grade. It's just something used for the discovery xp, appearance slots and writs.

Carpentry is fun if you just like crafting. You can outfit a house for each of your toons and sell a few items from time to time. If you get bored, redecorate. Later on being able to make patch kits can be a plus for your guild. You'll always have the maximum storage space too. Higher level toons tend to carry strongboxes as opposed to backpacks, so there is always a need for boxes... just don't expect to make much on them. Sales crates are pretty worthless as far as sales since they can be traded. The general purpose ones sell OK, but the specialty crates are usually listed well below the cost of the fuel to make them let alone the value of the rare itself. The rares are better used for furniture than boxes or crates if you want to broker what you make.