Help needed to return after years away!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Skyeyes, May 11, 2018.

1. Skyeyes New Member

Hi all,

I'm a bit stuck and need some advice.

I played a lot from 2008-2015, but at that point my husband (my tank, my duo-partner and aggro-GOD) got ill and passed away. I haven't logged since. Coming up on three years now and I feel like I wanna jump in and see how everything has changed. But of course there have been a LOT of changes! SOE was still in charge the last time.

I had toons on Splitpaw and Unrest, but while I can get to Camp, selecting a character just results in "Cannot Find World" and the endless cycle of Trying Server #1..#2..#3 until I quit.

Can someone more techy than me tell me what to do to get into the world? I plan to delete six toons and re-roll two new classes to try (Beastlords weren't out back then!), as well as pushing my 90 Mystic up to cap.

There's also the matter of my husband's characters as well, many of whom had very up-to-the-minute gear. Obsolete now, but might be worth a bit of coin if sold. I want to keep his Main and 1st Alt, and delete the rest.. might take a box of tissues or so.

Grateful for any assistance, as well as advice on what server would be best to roll and/or relocate to. I'm a New Zealander. Thanks Norrathians! xx
  2. TechUp Active Member

You could try deleting your "logincache-us" and "logincache-eu" folders and restarting the application since they contain references to servers that were merged sometime ago:
    • Unrest merged with Everfrost and Guk to become "Halls of Fate"
    • Splitpaw merged with Storms and Valor to become "Thurgadin"
    As far as to what server to roll/relocate on. I'd suggest taking some time and make a character on each one during your normal playing time and see how busy it is. :)
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Welcome back! I hope you decide to stay and play with us!
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Welcome back and I am sorry for your loss.

As stated by TechUp, delete those files, rerun the launcher and let it load all the way to the character select screen, do not select a character from the drop down menu. This should repopulate your characters onto the correct server.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Nilyana Active Member

I'm very sorry for you loss. You may want to skip this and just keep his characters for the memory of them, unless you want to use the character slots. His gear would all be attuned, so it would have to be sold to a merchant, and frankly would probably not get you very much coin. Especially considering how hard inflation has hit all the old servers. It probably wouldn't be worth the time and heartache to do it.

If you are planning to subscribe, there are now loyalty tokens you can earn every day by doing very simple tasks. Explore 3 areas, kill a few mobs, and so on. A couple of these can be exchanged at a loyalty merchant in game for 500 platinum. Much more than you would probably get from the gear. You can do this every few days as you earn the coins. There are much quicker ways to earn money these days.
  6. Tevez New Member

Hi Skyeyes if you happen to make a new character and are looking to level with someone let me know which server. I've just come back to EQ2 and am playing from Sydney so will probably have similar play times to you.
  7. STARHOPPER New Member

sorry for your loss =(
    i am also returning player> usa
    bayle server
    earthwalker
    pm if you want a friend