Help! I've forgotten how to play!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Rakkar, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Rakkar New Member

Hello all. I'm interested in dabbling a bit in Everquest 2 again but it appears as though I've forgotten how to play my characters. They weren't very high, but I remember it being very difficult to level to their current point (17 CLR and 16 MNK, respectively) Is there anywhere I could get a primer on how to play again without having to remake a new character?

Thanks!
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

Leveling is quite quick now.

Open your ability book (press K), and check out your abilities. Drag them to hotkeys. Add more hotkey bars by choosing the option when right clicking on an existing hotbar.

Press C to look at your character info.

Mess around and hail NPCs and explore.
  3. Snowhaze Active Member

Honestly, you'll be better off starting from scratch, it won't take you long to get back to level 20 and the game will slowly add abilities as you level so you can learn again. For starters, Google Golden Path Everquest 2.

The gear is better now too, so doing the starting quests will get you ahead of where you are now.
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Yep, as your old chars are that low, you can reach those levels in one evening gaming (if you´re bit slow or want to enjoy it).
  5. Ivory Member

As a returning player, I would highly recommend making a new character. The gear from the starter quests is probably better than what you have now. And Kalderon is right, the leveling process is much quicker now. I am a very slow leveler and I was able to level 3 characters to 20+ and this Dirge to around level 10 in one evening. There is also a quest line around level 20 to get a FREE 130% mount.
  6. Rakkar New Member

Thank you for the replies, everyone!

The only problem I encounter is that I'm current a F2P member but my characters from when I was a subscriber are still active. They're an Iksar and DE, so I don't want to have to pay to re-unlock these character types. I may go about creating a new character and get the general gist of things so I'm not so lost on my current characters, though.