Help, I'm about to give up

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by MightyUnclean, Dec 12, 2019.

1. MightyUnclean Member

Hey guys, need a little assistance with a couple of issues, please.

1) I keep changing the game resolution to 1920X1080, but every time I load the game, it defaults back to my native resolution, which is 4K. I can't deal with the small text at that res.

2) I keep setting the game to full screen, but every time I load up, it puts it back in windowed mode.

Is there any known fix to these issues? I've tried setting them in the loading screen settings and in-game. I'm already really miffed that the class I wanted to play, BL, is behind a $25 pay wall even though I have subbed. In a 15-year-old game that, as far as I can tell, can't afford to piss off potential new players.

Thanks for any help!
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

Good luck on getting your resolution problems solved. I've been fighting a similar fight with my UI. Every Tuesday it gets changed back to the one DB wants and I have to reset the UIs on 40 characters.

There is probably a trick to getting the UI to stay put but I haven't discovered what it is. This game is so complicated that even 15 years of playing hasn't taught me everything I need to know.

Hopefully someone will have encountered your problem and found a solution. If anyone knows how to solve my problem I'd love to hear from them. It is a PITA having to change the bag size on 240 bags each week.
    Soara2 and SynergyBlaize like this.
  3. MightyUnclean Member

It seems to have corrected itself now!
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When you change these settings in Options, you probably need to SAVE the settings also. You'll find the save tools at the bottom left of the window, I think.
    Soara2, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

What is your screen resolution set to on your computer itself? I use a 4k TV for a monitor, and I had that problem, but it stopped reverting when I set the resolution graphics settings on the computer to not be 4k, and it seems to have resolved itself.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Kittik Well-Known Member

Are you /camp desktop or /quit?
    jeremiya-AB and Soara2 like this.
  7. Deckerd Smeckerd Active Member

I assume some windows have no stretchable components. I wonder if when you open one of those windows, if a new routine can open two windows. One is a magnifying window over the top of the old one. Then when I click a position on the magnified window, that position is translated into the correct position on the old one which is underneath the magnified window..

Can these two windows be like a single unit. So if I move the larger one, the older smaller one moves too.
    Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The whole UI is XML. You can use the UIBuildertool and change these windows however you want, or you can go to EQ2Interface.com and see if there's a custom UI or UI component that suits your need. If your EQ2 installation didn't automatically include UIBuilder, you can get that at EQ2Interface.com also.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

or you can adjust the letter size for at least the chat on the chat window .
    I kept on missing messages about groups , because the print was so tiny .
    And I think you can also control the size of the other print , just don't know where .
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All of that will be in the XML. I think there's probably a styles definition for the fonts in some central location, rather than being scattered in each individual window object's properties, but you'd have to poke around to see for sure.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that is what I was trying to say there is a central place to control this I just know about the one for the chat window individually , and I am sure there is a place for ALL windows so you don't have to change to full screen if you like the window setting .
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. Nonsam New Member

I’m having some resolution issues, too. Does anyone know how I can switch to 1920 x 1080 on my laptop without it cutting off the top and bottom of the screen? It wants to do a widescreen display only. I tried changing some things in Nvidia control panel but it seems to insist on displaying this way. Anyone know of a workaround to display this res full screen on my laptop or is this the only way that res can be displayed? Thanks for any suggestions!
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Look in options and turn OFF the letterbox setting.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The basic fonts for the game are <include>ed via eq2ui_fonts.xml and the assorted fonts used are all in /UI/Default. Looks like the chat window XML is in eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml

The font XML sets the chat windows text like so:

<TextStyle Algorithm="Simple" FontName="Arial" Language="english" Name="Font_Chat" PointSize="15" UseCachedFont="true" />
    <TextStyle Algorithm="Simple" FontName="Arial" Language="english" Name="Font_ChatInput" PointSize="15" UseCachedFont="true" />
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think MightyUnclean will appreciate this .
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.