Help can't log in!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by KingFrog, Mar 19, 2017.

1. KingFrog New Member

Yesterday I got kicked to the character select screen when zoning into the Obulus frontier, so I decided that was a good time to call it a day. But now I can't log in with this character at all...I Keep getting a message "server did not respond in a timely manner and may be backlogged. Please try again in a few minuets." well I've tried and tried but keep getting kicked to the character select screen. Any ideas?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which server? Did you get any other errors/messages? One of my "favorites" (not) is "Trying login server #1..." and then it dithers around and says everything's too busy to log in (when that hasn't been the case for quite some time), but this only seems to occur on Test or EU, not US-based stuff. :-/

Do you get this message once you've gotten past the LaunchPad? :-/

When in doubt, you may have to log all the way out and come back in; barring that working, you may literally have to shut down your computer and turn it all back on again after about 30 seconds (just to be on the safe side). :-/

Uwk
    KingFrog likes this.
  3. KingFrog New Member

I'm on Thurgadin server. Sometimes it will go to the actual loading screen but it never gets past "connecting to zone server" and there's no artwork it's just a black loading screen :/

I can get past the launch pad fine and i'm able to log in with my alts but this is my main so its a bit of a bummer lol
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Weird...can you /camp to your main and be okay? :-/

In other words, /camp MyMainToon from someone that can get in... :(

Uwk
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Also, on the LaunchPad, lower right-hand corner, you will see a Wrench button, click that, then on the left column, Server Status.
    Is your desired server listed, what description does it have? LOW, HIGH, LOCKED, etc.
  6. blimbyrne New Member

I'm on thurgadin, as of now reading 'up' with medium load. spent most of the last two days losing characters down the zoning hole- usually able to access them within 1-3 hours to get them out. been stuck in zec, EL, chronoportals, GH. get server busy messages.
    Now the launcher cant connect to the login servers, starting from the exe. file makes no difference, sometimes it also says server busy. restarting comp makes no diff. wtf is going on? ddos? net going down? seriously pissing me off. time to change games?
  7. KingFrog New Member

I tried the /camp command with another character but it still took me back to the Character menu screen.

Just looked at the server status and it's 'medium'

*edit...wow...it seems to have fixed it's self..really odd. Thanks for your help guys :)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What's the exact message(s) doing or saying? If it starts with the "Trying login server #1..." nonsense, it'll follow up with some other gibberish message about the login servers being too busy, but it's always in those two parts. When I get hit with that, if I was trying to get in with a specific character pulled from the drop-down list at the LaunchPad, then I'll just hit the big green PLAY button instead and select a toon from the Character screen when it comes up. If the nonsense messages pop up when I hit the big green PLAY button, then I'll select a specific character next time. :-/

If it isn't that, it's a lot more complicated, apparently. :(

Uwk
  9. blimbyrne New Member

as you say m8, 'trying login server #1', before it says it cant connect and the server may be busy- please try again in a few minutes...tried picking char at launcher, didnt work. validated files, meh
  10. Nailoo Member

I've been having the same issue off and on for the past few days. Also having where it looks like you're starting to zone, but then the screen goes all black and you're booted back to character select screen.

All of my chars, except for two, that are in city zones, are now completely locked. I got back one by resetting the UI to the default and changed it on the other just to see if it helps keep them playable, but I haven't been able to zone in at all with any other characters to try and remove Profit, to see if that is going to work on them as well.

All of them that are locked are also in Phantom Sea, so maybe that has something to do with it. My husband had a few characters stuck in Phantom Sea, petitioned and after a GM moved his characters to Qeynos he was able to play without issue, until zoning in to Phantom Sea and now he's stuck again.

When I was able to get in briefly yesterday with one of the characters in Phantom Sea, I asked in gen chat if anyone else was having the same issue and several people are. We play on Thurgadin.

Does anyone know if SOE are looking in to it at all?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and KingFrog like this.
  11. guard Active Member

got the same problem i have one character stuck in the fens and one stuck in guild hall first started happening a couple of days ago i petitioned it gm moved my toon then i could access it again but then today i tried to do the solo daily double in mist zone started happening again so once i got in i zoned back to guild hall haven't been able to log in all day. sent in another petition to say its still happening got asked for my msinfo and dxdiag awaiting a response
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...if going back to all default settings doesn't clear it up, and folks on Thurgadin are still having issues just in certain zones (and did the problems start up right after an update? :-/), then it sounds like it's on their end. If going back to all default settings does clear it up, no matter what zone, it could, unfortunately, be a case of the third-party stuff not keeping up with whatever the Powers did this time during an update. :-/

Is there any way to /petition the third-party sites for help?

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There've been times I've had to go back and forth, trying each method (choose from launcher list/choose from Character Select list) several times. It's infuriating because it only happens on EU and Public Test, not on the US-based servers (well, for years now; it's been a looooong time since they could actually claim the servers were "too busy"). It's a good thing I'm too cowardly to want to mess with too many files (maybe clearing the cache?); at one point, I just growled, rolled my eyes, and "tried again in a few minutes" like they demanded I do. That worked (but it might not, always). :-/

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

DBG... ;-> And it's hard to say. I know they don't have a lot of people left here in the US; one wonders how many they've still got in Europe. :-/

Uwk