Hello, your server is dying.

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Shadowvamp, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Shadowvamp New Member

They need
    1) launch ROK/TSO xpack straight away
    2) introduce full pvp gear set
    3) disable pvp xp
    4) introduce some pvp events such as pvp towers in KP.

Less pve.. more pvp..
    I have to decline pvp cus i don't have any pve gear.. that's awful.
    If i wanted to raid and get pve gear i would go to Kaladim.

And.. the pvp system.. fame leaderboard etc.. it kills pvp tbh.
    Ppl are scared of deaths and losing ranks, because of more unbalanced pvp along with being outnumbered, FAME titles are WEAK, people will make a name for THEMSELVES.

When it was battlegrounds ppl felt free to fight and die and then they came back to fight straight away.

IT WAS fun! and fun = People will keep playing.

The most important thing is.

This server must be free to play. YOU NEED NUMBERS, what good is this place if you don't have the numbers?

IF you dont make some changes, the population count will continue to drop. Its all in your hands.
    Blomax, Overeem, Obano and 1 other person like this.
  2. acoloss Active Member

are you playing a different game?
    Doobius270, Siren and Sunlei like this.
  3. Shadowvamp New Member

Are you?
  4. krokous Member

The ONLY thing I agree with is that it should be free to play. No idea why you need subscribe to play on ghost town emty server?
  5. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Shadow we are not dead yet and all the eq2 games are worth the sub. Today starts exp bonus, plenty of active guilds LFM in all 3 sides. Come on Sunshine lvl up!

All messed up with nowhere to go I stare at myself in the mirror alone It's hard to make friends when you're half in the grave But I ain't dead yet And I've got something to say Oh-ohh, yeah You got holes in your clothes Booze on your breath You look like hell And you smell like death Oh-ohh
    (From-Lord Huron, Not Dead Yet)

I'm not dead just floating
    Right between the ink of your tattoo
    In the belly of the beast we turned into
    I'm not scared just changing
    Right beyond the cigarette and the devilish smile
    You're my crack of sunlight
    Siren likes this.
  6. Nuada Active Member

i will agree u, my wife and me have pushed 500€ in kronos for platins and that is not the real deal, we are now at that point we dont want push more money in this game, to get the old feeling.

Lithely only one guild can destroy the real importend bosses for the drops, and all others can buy the gear for plats no thanks!

With PVP gear that can fast archive, anyone has fun with the game.

And the community grow up, but i think the devs will this reality never understand, and the cry babys in this forum also not, that is the problem !
  7. DarkH New Member

They need
    1) launch ROK/TSO xpack straight away Why skip EoF was a great xpac....
    2) introduce full pvp gear set They cant get KoS Itemization correct you really think they are gonna have time to make pvp gear.... LOL
    3) disable pvp xp WHy disable pvp xp? lol
    4) introduce some pvp events such as pvp towers in KP. This is a good idea PVP events for like double triple tokens get some wars going

Less pve.. more pvp..
    I have to decline pvp cus i don't have any pve gear.. that's awful.
    If i wanted to raid and get pve gear i would go to Kaladim.

Not everyone wants to play DoV and grind faction 8 hours a day... You have to realize this is a pve game with pvp added to it..

And.. the pvp system.. fame leaderboard etc.. it kills pvp tbh.
    Ppl are scared of deaths and losing ranks, because of more unbalanced pvp along with being outnumbered, FAME titles are WEAK, people will make a name for THEMSELVES.

I mean pvp isnt half bad in group v group... but solo its a brawler rogue world out there..

When it was battlegrounds ppl felt free to fight and die and then they came back to fight straight away.

IT WAS fun! and fun = People will keep playing.

The most important thing is.

This server must be free to play. YOU NEED NUMBERS, what good is this place if you don't have the numbers?

IF you dont make some changes, the population count will continue to drop. Its all in your hands.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Make it F2P for sure it would help the pop so much.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I any case this title , " Hello , your server is dying " indicates to me that your not playing on it , or not anymore .

I think we people playing on Tarinax can make up our own minds if we think we are about to die or not thank you very much .
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  9. Zishan Member

I agree on the less pve more pvp part and the battlegrounds comparison. People being hell bent on fame is making this server boring for me, no pvp sets all pve gear its like a duel version of kaladim. Sure some are enjoying this but I think the potential isnt being maximised.
  10. trollanfrog Member

Dying to most people in this game means no one is playing it. It's part of the addction, there isn't anything to do on the entire server pvp wise half the time but the population is awesome and most of the game is in one guild anyway, so everyone might as well go to jjb.
  11. Nuada Active Member

gife us PVP gear, this fix the "Real money Raid PVE gear" **** !

And we shouldn't need more than 1 week to have everything.

And give all 2-3 months new pvp gear what is 5% better.

Then everyone has progress and is happy, or does it not, and it remains as it is now in that population state forever, very simply.

New World get also PVP gear in the near future what say us this?

Clearly in mmo the majority of all players would like pvp gear

this 150 eq2 pvp player are not the jesús revelation.

they are more likely to be in the minority
  12. Sunlei Well-Known Member

They hold up the sky for us all- that's a lot of Godlike work for those 150! We should send them gifts:cool:
  13. ShadowCat Graveheart

Totally agree. To save the population, developers need to make it like a regular server. I know a lot of people who would like to continue playing it.Make more products on the marketplace for DB cash. More clothes, weapons, effects, potions, and pets.
    It will be much better.
    Obano likes this.
  14. Overeem New Member

Agree with everything you have to say. Well said.
    Nuada likes this.
  15. Nuada Active Member

yes, and the PVP Gear need to be better as the PVE gear.

In the old times, (SOE) the best PVP gear was on nagafen and not in Battleground or PVE, so all PVP player are came over months to nagafen to get the best version from the gear.

And it's need an upgrade all 2-3 months only a little 2 stats more per Slot or something, (progress and fun and all players are coming back) you update that gear in 1 hour for all classes in cant really not see the problem.

or get us 2 version from pvp gear one get all ppls in 3 days and the other, needs weeks

or after warfield, all get PVE buff for PVP loot on end bosses in instances.

I could think of 100 more things, but nothing happens, really sad

That is progress for a PVP server and nothing else.
  16. Zamza New Member

I agree with 1, 3, and 4. PVP gear is dumb and kills the PVE side of the game. Both need to be working as intended and balanced in order for the game to work. No one wants to bother with PVP when a set of people get the PVP gear, and the only way to get the gear is to PVP, and only to get smashed by the people who already have it over and over again. And those people who are geared to the 9's are only superior by virtue of being there before anyone else.

How on Earth is that conducive to inspiring people to continue to play or new population growth??? Lol. At least with PVE gear people can have a chance to build themselves up to compete. The jewelry clickies are the best thing they can do and I fully agree with that tac. They just need to actually make writs able to update in the new expansion zones now if they already haven't patched that.

Not to mention PVP gear makes raiding pointless and then suddenly no one wants to PVE on the server at all, effectively killing it off. We've already seen it happen once, please don't let it happen again, devs, no matter how many new people from different games beg for it.

If you don't have the time to PVP, then just *buy* the raid gear ffs. That's why this is an open market server. All I see on this thread are people complaining that they are too lazy to PVE, don't have the time, whatever, and want a quick fix to make them powerful. MMORPGs are absolutely the wrong game for you to be playing. Go play a MOBA if that's what you want. MMO's take actual time and dedication to be good, I'm sorry. That's just how it is... Some would call it a "timesink". I just call it fun. The base game isn't that bad, guys. Give it a try and you might realize you too can parse higher than your group's healers. ;)
    Siren and Obano like this.
  17. Vokan Well-Known Member

For all of you that want PVP gear, you need to realize the impact. The reason people do PVE- dungeons, raids, quests, etc are for the gear. If you take away the incentive to get the gear, then nobody leaves the cities. You might as well do duels in the town square.
    Siren and Schmetterling like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

what do you need PvP gear for besides to be better than those without .
    If you want to chase of anybody who is already PvP challenged this is the way to do it .
    Kotter and Siren like this.
  19. Creasote Well-Known Member

Fixed your post to show a pvper’s perspective since that is what this server is.

Now that we have a dead server with maybe 3 raid guilds by doing it your way, perhaps we can change it up and make this a pvp server with more pvp gear?
  20. Vokan Well-Known Member

Your way has been tried before too. It failed. The reason it fails is because there is nobody to attack because there is little to no incentive to gain gear that are poorly itemized. Everything on a PvP server must be contested and to the victor of confrontation go the best loot.
    Siren likes this.