Hello from returning player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Pazamor, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Pazamor New Member

I used to play full time on Venekor rppvp, about a year before they shut down Nagafen

Played through all the content up to RoK, quit around the time they shut down station exchange.

have to say it broke my heaert to leave the game, my toons, and people I grew to know was a part of my life

I played other games alongside eq2, mainly WoW, and EVE. I developed my own alter egos in those universes as well, but none so much as my life on Venekor.

I sold my toons, liquidated my plat, and moved on with life

about two years ago I started playing Wow again, built a strong foundation, and had alot of fun with the legions expac,and again quit until now.

I was hesitant to pick up the game again ten years gone, especially since it was my literal life for almost 4 years

I have to say eq2 is still the better game in terms of lore, character design, and game mechanics.

alot of what i missed is gone, and I am seriously confused about the free to play experience.

I have a few questions I hope arent too self inflicting

the first one is (and why I logged in to start my first post in over ten years), why cant I get into the newbie zones?, temple street, baubleshire, willow wood, what did I miss?

also, do I have to pay upfront or can I trade or gift a kronos to get all access?

"thanks, I guess"
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Welcome back to Norrath. The did an overhaul of Freeport and Qeynos quite a few years ago and that overhaul merged the suburbs into Freeport and Qeynos so they are no longer starting areas. You can get inn rooms in Freeport and Qeynos that say they are in one of the suburbs but you do not actually see they suburbs, its just an inn room. The suburbs themselves have been converted into zones that are used in some of the City Quests.

The only server that actually has the suburbs on them where you can go and buy your room, is Kaladim which is a Time Locked Expansion Server which means the content is only released at a designated pace which Daybreak/Darkpaw determined would be 16 weeks between expansions and 8 weeks after expansion for mid-expansion content, and you must have an all access subscription to play on this server. Kaladim just had Echoes of Faydwar released today, so the level cap is 70, the population is healthy and you should now be able to choose Kelethin as a starting City. The suburbs do not have the quests like they used to and they are not starting cities, they are merely neighborhoods with some amenities in them. This is the closest to launch EQ2 that you will get, no frills, no flying, no ascension, people to play with at all levels.

As for your other question, if you have Kronos on your account or a lot of plat to buy one, you can purchase all access with a krono. You can play for free up through Altar of Malice which I think is 5 expansions previous now, but you have no world chat, no broker selling, no mail, no free fast travel, and probably something else I am missing and you cannot play on Kaladim, Rivervale, or Isle of Refuge servers.

Good luck and good journeys.
    Breanna, Soara2, Jaeded and 2 others like this.