Hello? Devs?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier, Aug 29, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

So we have a few posts here stating things that are severely underpowered or flat our useless on the warlock class. We've asked for some kind of feedback from anyone at soe and we dont get a single word. You guys have time to buff wizards again(which is fine) but you can't adress warlocks at all? Seriously, come on, throw us a bone every now and again(or a message saying screw you) and at least make it look like you even acknowledge us as a class.
  2. ARCHIVED-ROCKHEART Guest

Unluckily it seems that the Devs do not play a Warlock and have no interest in our class. The Wizards keep getting attention and have gained some multi mob capabilities that are a bit questionable but our issues are totally ignored. Perhaps we should just PM all of the Devs until we receive a response as to when Warlocks will be brought back in line and at least our major issues fixed. Hang in there like the rest or us, there's always hope.
  3. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

Hanging in there has done nothing for us for a long time. The squeaky wheel(wizards) is gettin all the oil. And the other classes that devs actually play. There are several issues with the warlock quest that are more serious than things like RoD and should be looked at. They've gone out of their way to "fix" the wizard lvl 80 spell to make it more desireable, yet ignore the warlock lvl 80 spell(that could seriously use some work).If the devs dont want to take the time themselves to play the class and learn anything about them, there are several very experienced warlocks that are readily available for them to communicate with.
  4. ARCHIVED-ROCKHEART Guest

I did not mean hang in there and do nothing, if we do not receive a response from a developer concerning this issues on the forums then we should pm them until we do. I agree if they do not play the class as it seems there are plenty of highly experienced Warlocks that could give guidance impute. We Warlocks as a community need to become more vocal about what we need to get back to the class we where and should be.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

ROCKHEART wrote:
    Bugging them with PMs is not a good way to get their attention.
    A single PM saying "We've listed what we think is wrong in a thread here (Link)" might be useful, but bugging them is likely to only get you a vacation from posting.

What I would suggest is redo your "Issues and Concerns" thread -- make a new one, the one that's stickied hasn't been updated in almost a year. Once you have that, get it stickied and the old one dropped. But an itemized list of things you consider broken or out of balance is a lot easier to read than asking them to just read through all the posts and comment on them.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

ROCKHEART wrote:
    While I'm not one of the devs in charge of class balance, I *do* play a Warlock and love the class. He's not my main, but he's a level 80 alt with Mythical and I try to play him whenever my group/guild doesn't need me on my tank. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

With all due respect, what we need is a dev that does have some input on class balance to not only play a warlock, but play them to the length of truly knowing the class inside and out, which I dont believe there is any. Many people play warlocks, only a small % of them have the game and class knowledge to really know whats going on with class balance(this is true for most classes). Or at least a dev willing to have direct communication with an experienced warlock about the class. I personally could make a huge list of things that are out of balance and I'm sure there are some more knowledgeable warlocks than myself.
    It just appears that other classes get attention through a lot of complaining or through devs playing them while warlocks sit stagnant with alot of issues that could and should be addressed. If the dev team(the ones that have input in class balance) dont want to play a warlock and become familiar with the class, nor do they want to communicate directly with warlocks experienced in all areas of the game, then our only option left is a bunch of complaint posts with the dim hope that they might be read and taken in to consideration.
  8. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    . . . . . . .No way.
    You were a closet Lock player, Rothgar?!
    You may not be in charge of class balance, but you may be perfect for at least explaining issues if no other devs are going to talk to the warlock community. We've been ignored for so long that most of us have given up on communicating with the devs. Most of us only come out to talk about warlock issues on In-testing Feedback or during betas because there is no point in talking to ourselves.
    This recent push towards communication on the warlock boards has happened several times before with no results. Our stickied thread with "new," "current" issues may be ancient, but most of the issues there are still problems. The thread itself hasn't seen a dev response in well over a year. The only discussion we ever got out of it was a single post from Ilucide about caster resists, and even he hasn't posted in over 6 months anywhere, let alone on the deceased warlock forum.
    I would hate to see yet another attempt to establish communication between the devs and Lock players end in abysmal failure.
  9. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

Want some real fun playing a warlock?
    Play one on a pvp server.
    There is nothing more deadly and fun than a well played/geared lock in a pvp encounter.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Korrupt@Najena wrote:
    The problem with this statement is that EQII has more classes than it has dev's that work on class balance. Unfortunately we cannot dedicate one person to each class, nor would you want that. Every class would be way out of balance if each one was tweaked by a different person.
    Continue to make your feedback in the forums and your time will come. It just takes time to make our way around to all the classes. I love the Warlock, its a very fun class to play. But like any class, I'm sure there are things you'd like to see changed. I don't think there is a single class in the game that would call themselves 100% happy with where they are.
    BTW - I will probably get scolded for responding to a post that calls out "devs" in the title. :) We generally don't do that and I certainly didn't respond because of that. But in the future keep in mind that you generally will not get a response if you call out for an answer like that. If we did, every thread would begin with "Devs please respond...".
  11. ARCHIVED-isis23 Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Maybe help us out by finding the person that is in charge of class balance and directing them our way . I'm sure we would be more than happy to point them in the right direction.
    Rothgar wrote:
    We have been talking to ourselves for 5 years. I think at some point or another it's time to say we're done waiting for "our time to come." We realize that you have your hands full, and may even be understaffed, but when some classes get attention over and over and over again, while others remain unattended to, something has to give.
  12. ARCHIVED-Wrapye Guest

Korrupt@Najena wrote:
    Sorry, but this is unrealistic. There just aren't that many devs, to begin with, and there is only one dev who does class balance/mechanics (and he plays an assassin). Yes, some classes get fixed by complaining - long and hard. But there are classes that have complained long and hard and have not had changes that satisfy the loudest of their members (see rangers). For coercers, it took not only complaining ALOT, for a long time, but I think more importantly it took the devs noticing that coercers were betraying to illusionists in droves.
  13. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    I was unaware the dev team had a rule to pruposely ignore threads like this. I only posted like this because simply talking amongst ourselves about the class seemed to be ignored, why not try a direct link?
    I also understand there is alot on the plate of the dev team. But if you look at update histroy, you will see the same classes over and over again getting a small fix here, a major change their, while we warlocks(among some other classes) sit here 'waiting for our time to come". We dont even get a hint that any dev even acknowledges that we are here, with the exception of you now. For that I thank you for at least showing us someone reads these threads.
    The fact that we do not know how to communicate our issues in a manner that would have them addressed is a serious issue. You say post feedback, well we do that and have done so for years, and the change to nil crystals is the ONLY significant change made to warlocks in quite some time. There are many issues regarding specific spells, gear, and in some cases game mechanics that specifically hurt our type of class. We dont know who to talk to or how to do it.
    I dont want to betray to one of the "dev favorites" just to feel like my class isnt going to be ignored. And since very few warlocks are taking the initiative anymore to vocalize our complaints, I'm going to be on these boards alot more to remind the devs that there are 24 classes, 2 sorcerors, and all of them should be considered.
  14. ARCHIVED-Fendaria Guest

isis23 wrote:
    I have to disagree with this strongly.
    Prior to TSO, the biggest Warlock issue was there are not group/AE encounters. TSO is filled with them for all playstyles; solo, instance, and raid. The decision to put more of an emphasis back into group/AE encounters was strongly driven by the player/warlock feedback RoK had nothing to AE against.
    For TSO, the AAs Warlocks received are some of the strongest ones out there. Plaguebringer is an excellent AA giving Warlocks a nice strong nuke. Corrosion is another excellent AA. Thunderclap and Bewilderment are both very good.
    The Sorcerer TSO shard gear is one of the better, stronger sets available. This was primarily due to the developers seeing a need to 'balance' out the mage classes and attempting to address this partially through gear.
    Before TSO, the Warlock mythical got tuned to do player feedback.
    Do you remember Nil Crystals? They were removed do to player feedback. Course now we have a bunch of worthless spells, but they were worthless before the change and only cast because they created crystals.

Currently, my warlock has never felt stronger or better suited to what his role is supposed to be; very good damage on single target encounters and amazing damage on AE encounters.
    Are there issues and spells/AAs we wish worked better? Sure. Acid Storm could be better, our dumbfire pets could be better (though the devs have stated they are looking into dumbfire pets previously at the fanfaire), Aftershock doesn't do much, damage from Rift feels low, we have all those 'curses' no one ever uses, etc. But there is nothing wrong which makes me wish I was playing a different class or makes me look at a parse and say wow Warlocks can't compete anymore. We do damage and we do it well.

If anything, I find myself wishing the devs would fix other classes, tanks primarily, so they can hold AE hate better. When I start AE casting and the damage starts flying, without the perfect group setup I start to die rather quickly. But when I don't die, it is sooooo much fun.

Fendaria
  15. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

I'm glad you brought up some of the problem areas like plaguebringer(though you dont actually see the problem with it) and basic ae game mechanics. They need to be addressed but like roth said, spearate threads that dont specifically call out the devs are apparently a better way to do it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

QFE ^ Fendaria
    It's not so much any one class being weak ... it's a select few being relatively overpowered. As far as our own class goes, just now, I think we are where we ought to be. (okay ... change the Curse lines to direct damage abilities, and make the dumbfires truly AOE immune, and then we'll be where we ought to be).
    The warlock has never been an easy-mode DPS class (well, except for the month leading up to LU13, and the fun-time Maelstrom procs after DoF came out, but that was kind of redonkulus), but it's always been a fun one with lots of small tricks and ways to adjust your casting order to accomodate various scenarios ... and that's just as important to me. hehe
    Ara
  17. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

The issue isnt exactly are we where we should be. The issue is other classes, especially our sorc counterpart, getting upgrades where we do not. If we also dont get upgrades then it is only a matter of time before other classes leave us behind simply because we didnt have the foresight to point out problems and ask for fixes and/or boosts. Theres a few threads now with specific problem areas that could be addressed to balance and improve our class in specific. We can let the other classes fend for themselves.
  18. ARCHIVED-BetaMaster Guest

I chuckled at the thread name and the post and said to myself, "no dev is gonna post here"... and you surprised me lol.

Rothgar wrote:
    I like this part. Balance is about looking at all classes and making sure they are in line.
    In terms of the warlock class I think the focus should be more on making things useful, more than actually trying to do balancing. I think we are in balance... we just have a lot of spells that are warlock specials that are useless... and spells that used to have functionality and no longer do... I posted some suggestions in one of the newer posts, if you have time check it out... I just threw it together on the fly. So much going on atm not much time to focus and lay down major ideas.
  19. ARCHIVED-Laretha Guest

I would like to thank Rothgar for his reply.

I understand the sentiment of my fellow warlocks we do carry more than the norm in outdated spells that need to be looked at and have been discussed on other topics on this forum.
    Like many of my fellow warlocks we have avoided these forums for a while and maybe its time we start communicating on this forum too.

Lare