Not A Bug Heart of Luclin not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Wolvelf, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Wolvelf Object Reference not set to an Instance...

Heart of Luclin adornment not working in Renewal of Ro even though the wording states it will work in subsequent expansions. Please fix =)
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not broken. These work for two expansions only then you gotta get something new.

I agree the explanation text in the Examine window needs to be updated to be more specific about this.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

The text in the inspect for this adornment specifically states 'Subsequent expansion zones'

It does NOT state 'Subsequent expansionS zones'

Also, this is nowhere near the first post about this issue.
  4. Wolvelf Object Reference not set to an Instance...

Actually, mine does state it will work in Subsequent Expansions. Perhaps yours does not but I even attempted to post a picture of it when I posted but didn't think there was more than one version. And what first post?

There are a few items that work from more than 2 expansions back, so why not this one?
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

[IMG]

I guess yours is magically different?
    Dude likes this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Heart of Luclin doesn't work in RoR. This is by design. Same with any other Reign of Shadow adorns.

Anything from Visions of Vetruvia will be worthless after next year's expansion as well.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Aethos Well-Known Member

While I initially took "subsequent expansion zones" to be all inclusive, that phrasing is ambiguous enough that it could go either way. And yeah, as others have said, this looks like it's by design and deliberate.
  8. Miragian Well-Known Member

Sadly trying to take it as subsequent expansions' zones is mostly just wishful thinking. I don't believe there is any example of adornment that breaks the release +/- 1 rule past the RoS stuff. If it is meant to be useful beyond that they typically make a new version of whatever adorn.
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

The only ones that are supposed to, as far as I know, are the level 96 and below white adornments, because they have types that aren't and likely won't be upgraded. EG casting speed/reuse.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Casting speed and reuse are now available on temp adorns, I think it was. Might be white adorns, I have slept since I looked.
    Taled likes this.