Healing..

Discussion in 'Priests' started by freakingfrog, May 21, 2017.

1. freakingfrog New Member

So is there any point of other healers besides shamans? everywhere i go, people says to roll a shaman. are the other priest classes obsolete?
  2. Snookers New Member

Well a Shaman is good, all the others can be very good also, they may take a bit more work but are very viable. I main a mystic but I really enjoy my Templar. I know Inqs are popular now with the health buff and verdict for pg's, and I've seen both druid classes shine.
  3. Duffy Active Member

I can't recommend druids right now, to be frank. Maybe there is the odd encounter where they 'shine', but looking at the bigger picture, they just aren't as viable as a shaman right now.
    Sure there are healer adjustments on their way with next expansion, but right now I won't hold my breath.

I main a warden since 2004 through good and bad times and i really love the druid concept. Its great when we are given the chance to actually HEAL people back up to full health, if only they'd still be alive after that hit...
    Mermut likes this.
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

Fury still most fun healer, and entirely capable of solo healing all encounters this x-pack. There are tons of end game you can ask for pro-tips and feedback. Goodluck
  5. Skiasss Member

With the huge amounts of hp that is possible to achieve with any class lol any healer can easily solo heal anything this xpac

Just tell dps and util to spec self ward
    Kioske likes this.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

warden also can solo heal
    And I have fun with my warden ... but yeah .. they are not in a great position.

Inquisitors can double health ... shamans have wards, I think templars are good too with their epic 2 weapon but right now druids aren't necessary. U can raid without a druid. We are great group healers, curers also ... but we can't protect people if they are OS.

plus in the new proving grounds wardens aren't in a good spot either.

so if u want a good healer, go shaman ... it will make your healer life less frustrating

HAHA, yeah ...
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

Skiass wtf is your problem. Why would you enlighten people on playing this game smarter.... JFC
    Fairin likes this.
  8. Duffy Active Member

So a druid should 'just tell people to spec for self ward' to be as viable as a shaman. Yeah. Great advice and kind of answers OP's question, doesn't it?
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

but he is right .. everybody should spec the self ward.

it's better if u take agro, u might survive,

a dead DPS doesn't do any. u always should have enough HP and self ward, it's almost pre-req now for smoother runs
  10. Mrs. Song New Member

But he or she (Duffy) didn‘t say it‘s wrong to specc for huge hp and self ward. It was because, 'oh, just tell people to have self ward, duh!!'
    And that from the guy who said in another thread that some healer just should be content with beeing no primary healer any more but ‘utility healer‘ having these very desirable things as runspeed and such. lol
  11. Revanu Well-Known Member

Explain why you shouldn't spec for self ward. ill wait.
  12. Duffy Active Member

I didn't say anything against any player speccing into self ward. I am no native english speaker, and re-read what I wrote, and am really unaware how someone can arrive to that conclusion.

What I DID said, was that in a thread about how viable healing classes are, its said, oh if you want to play a druid, you just have to instruct people to spec into self ward, plus they should have massive hp because that's helping too.

Well, of course it is, no one is arguing that. What I wanted to express, is that i as a warden needs to obviously have to hope for OTHER people to spec right, when a shaman can be a lot more carefree about that.

That is telling, especially in a thread about healer viability. Thats all.
  13. Skiasss Member

Cause Azentalis said you should and we always do the opposite he says right?
  14. Revanu Well-Known Member

Skiass raid lead night? i'm totally gonna play fury then come here and troll all the non-shaman for being so salty.
  15. Skiasss Member

I just wanna say as a t1 dpsing illy I die just as much with druids as I do with majority of Shamans
  16. Skiasss Member

It is Wednesday? I think that means i can play shaman right? Cause Lady on Illy?
  17. Revanu Well-Known Member

I'm the 1%.

But its totally ancestry that keeps you alive.
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

usually that's why people say shamans can carry groups compared to other healers

and druids heals are only as good as the team members' health. Druids can only come out during mid expac where people are geared enough so they don't get insta killed. Before that only shamans work. Though I feel they did change something yesterday; Because, ok been a while I haven't done baron heroic, but we did it this morning with a defiler ... and despite being a lot better geared than before, We died on the devourer.

it was quite surprising truly
  19. Skiasss Member

LOL
  20. Skiasss Member

I'm not saying anything in this post to be untrue... I just know for a fact it is possible for any healing class in game to solo heal... Yes it may require more work and for people to spec differently to help said healer out but again.... IT IS POSSIBLE