Healing Grove

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Aerfen, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

Sorry if there is another thread for this...but the new graphic for the Healing Grove is TERRIBLE.
    I just don't get it...I know there were a number of complaints about making the tree smaller, and not targetable. But you changed the graphic to some sort of weird palm, it's still big, and still targetable.
    Can someone explain why the change please?
  2. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

lol This change was total fail.
    The tree is about the same size and now it looks even more stupid..
  3. ARCHIVED-Blaidd Guest

We did ask repeatadly in Beta for this to change but I guess some comedian things its funny. Shame they would rather annoy everyone when this is cast than give us a useful graphic. I asked for the same one used for druid circles as did a lot of others but no such luck.
  4. ARCHIVED-Aanadorn68 Guest

Maybe they look at it as a reward vs. risk tradeoff, everything is about trade offs in this game. You get extra healing regen, but you have the chance to wipe because your tree blocked someones view. Right, it's a "feature".
  5. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

I think one reason it's still targetable is because of pvp, especially with the BGs. I think they did make it a lot easier to see around than the old one because it doesn't have so many branches. I like the new one.
  6. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

the change to the tree's size was one of the largest if not they largest thread on the warden forums on beta, even when it was changed very few posted they liked it, several ppl even mentioned some new ideas on apperance but for what ever reason the dev in charge of this spell loves big trees.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nemisiis Guest

I would rather have a bush but I actually like this tree a lot better. I've had a number of people in my raid team tell me that they can see much better with it up than with the other one. /shrug I wouldn't want the old one back.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tryon Guest

It's absolutely better, but I'd rather see it smaller still.
  9. ARCHIVED-TheOnlySariah Guest

The new tree is stupid. Healing grove implies a tree you would see in a grove I would think. Where did the idea for the stupid weed come in?
  10. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

Agreed...The actual tree we had before was fine other than the size and that it was target-able. The graphic on this swamp weed-plant thing is horrible...
    The definition of Grove is:
    –noun
    1. a small wood or forested area, usually with no undergrowth:a grove of pines.
    2. a small orchard or stand of fruit-bearing trees, esp. citrus trees: a grove of lemon trees.

I do not see "swamp plant" anywhere in that definition. So, here is my suggestion... Our call home/to hall spell looks like:
    [IMG]
    Complete with mini versions of the Feerrott Fern...
    So why can't our healing grove look something like:
    [IMG]
    A GROVE of our original tree, small enough so that it doesn't block players views, and it should be non-target-able. For the love of Tunare, please change it back!
  11. ARCHIVED-TheOnlySariah Guest

I would be happy with that, though I still miss my big tree
  12. ARCHIVED-dragonlady1977 Guest

I like the idea in the picture.. I agree.. the change in this expansion was totally lame.. I was not impressed.
  13. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

dragonlady1977 wrote:
    I do think that its better then the old one in that it doesnt block as much of someones screen with the big bushy top.
    Another thing to take in consideration is its probably easier to render due to having a lot less angles ect on it from having a thousand leaves. In raids, its much better as the palm then the full oak or whatever it was before.
  14. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

From the Update Notes Kiara posted:

Warden
    • You can no longer summon a healing grove into a wall.

This is frustrating...so many of us had asked that the tree be made smaller and non-targetable. SOE changed the graphic (YUCK), but it's still BIG and still TARGETABLE, and now we can't even cast it into a wall to help out the visibility of the raid???

Can we get a response about this please??
  15. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

My favorite tank to run with made their last name "HatesWardentrees". Now I can't even properly cause the tank to almost wipe with a well placed tree and evil cackle in the voice channel. Trash runs got so much less fun at that point.
  16. ARCHIVED-Generic123 Guest

Maybe they are thinking about PvP?
    Seriously though, WTF. Why make an ability useless everywhere just so it can't be used in PvP? It's not like it's even a particularly powerful ability in PvP either, I mean how many heals can be "killed" to begin with?
  17. ARCHIVED-snowline Guest

Healing Grove -> A Healing Blade of Grass