Healing Grove power regen

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Mermut, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

At grandmaster, healing grove is averaging less then 2% max health regen every 2 seconds...
    So it was giving about 17.5k every 2 seconds.
    Most of the HEROIC mobs with power drains, have been draining 40-50k ever 3-5 seconds.
    So this power feed isn't even 1/2 of the constant power drain many heroic bosses have. Then add the effects that drain you even further.
    Was the intent to nerf the power feeds SO hard compared to the power drains?
    Was the level of power drain not considered when the nerf was decided on?
    If the intent is for non chanter power feeds to be purely cosmetic, 1) heroic power drains need to be readjusted because it is not reasonable to build group content around the requirement of a chanter in every group. The current character mix does not support that. and 2) chanter power feeds need to be increased... because those feeds can't keep up with current mana drains either.
  2. Rebelde Active Member

More work for Gninja fixing fights... Even though, it's better than Maelstrom, that is useless as a mana regen.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The tree has no other use though.. maelstrom is good dps, at least.
    With the nerf, it's a legit debate if it's worth a hotbar slot or not.. since hotbar slots are valuable commodities for priests these days.
  4. slica Active Member

I say that about most of my combat arts as a brig but alas I still click then ;)
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

maelstrom is good dps and good HoT

tree isn't good heal and isn't good mana regen ... I guess if mana drain is changed to a more acceptable level, then the tree could still help

but right now .. it's a useless regen compared to the awefull drain
    Mermut likes this.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

on a 17 min fight - warden defiler coercer SK dirge and ranger
    wasn't a mana drain intensive fight, so we didn't really need big manasoul or manaflow all the time.

here is my power resplenish inc :

[IMG]

wardens cannot really complain about their tree. It was still most of the regen. Defiler's mana regen is way lower

[IMG]

some numbers.

Cannibalize thoughts, etherbalance need a bit of a buff .. even with our nerf, it seems the tree still gives nice mana regen when you compare to other sources of mana regen.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Most of the complaints aren't 'it sucks compared to some other power feed', but rather it's meaningless compared to the amount of power drain even in heroic zones (for mobs with any drain).
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

yes but it should be the chanter's job .. ours should have been from the start just to help out.

chanters mana regen is on some spells even worse and it need to change.

and also make mana drain manageable with the new type of regen we have
  9. Aleksis Member

so the tree isnt really healing since ever and the mana regen got changed nearly to zero... nicely done daybreak... again. So like Mermut said it isnt again (like in the past like 2-3 addons ago) not worth the spellslot. But the Conjuror can make mana even like the tree with one spell nearly from 0 to 100 %. So when will this spell be changed? :p
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Please don't ask for other people to have their arts nerfed just because 'ours' have been. That's not fun for anybody.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Aleksis Member

I didnt really ask for the nerf on their arts. It was sarcasm and just a joke because it is so ridiculous that ours has been nerfed