Healers in Current Game?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jenarie, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Jenarie New Member

Returning after a long absence and not sure what the current state of healers is...

I've played a Templar to what was then max level and raided pretty heavily but quit around the time Velious opened. At that point every raid put a Templar and Defiler in the MT group - is this still the case?

I've read a lot about inquisitors replacing Templars as better healers but those posts were even a couple years odl so not sure what is now...

I loved my Templar and that would probably be my first choice again if they are still good. I have no interest in an Inquisitor. I am also considering Defiler or Fury with again no interest in Mystic or Warden. I played a Defiler alt up to level 80 back when that was max level and have a 60ish fury so have the general idea about playstyle but just not sure what groups/raids are doing for healers these days.

Coming back for the progression server and not even positive I'll be raiding but just don't want to chose a class that is considered completely not useful in a raid environment in case I do decide I want to do that.

Thank you! :)
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

End-game, defilers are strongest, then templars with their epic 2.0, then mystics. Inquisitors are strongly in 4th. Druids and channelers are great backup healers, but even in heroic content, you ARE going to lose people unless everything goes perfectly without wards on some fights.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

inqui are really good right now. In raid they may not be strong alone, but they are more valuable now than templars

I had easier time in expert with inqui than with defilers or mystics for exemple. though shamans are still really important in raid, they are not always the best pick in group. I don't struggle more or less as warden than a shaman, because of how BT is now.

inquisitor's health buff is invaluable. It's really usefull in raids, while templars are still great healers, if u can bring 2 inqui it's just win for every group.

druids are in a better spot now that HP go up. But all healers are usefull. Just u sometimes need only one (druid) or many (shamans, inqui) ...
  4. Skiasss Member

Templars are just as strong as Shamans tbh I know a few that are capable of solo healing raid grps on t4
  5. Ryuken Active Member

Why are Defilers better than Mystics?

I thought they were similar?
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Because with epic 1.0 puts a heal on the defiler single target and group wards.. and maelstorm and nightmares have heals attached.. so defilers deal with bleedthrough with more ease then mystics do.
  7. Kari Well-Known Member

Mystics have their own toolkit to deal with bleed-through. It is more common to see a mystic solo healing a raid group than a defiler.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

What do mystics have that defiler don't have for dealing with bleedthrough?
  9. Kari Well-Known Member

I don't know all the ins and outs of it since I don't play a mystic, but Revenau has mentioned it in a couple of threads. You can see one of his posts discussing in here. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/vhaksiz-the-shade.576260/

Some of the skills they have which provide additional healing would include Spirit Tap, Ancestral Support, Lunar Attendant, Torpor and Oberon. In addition they have the same aa that a defiler has to proc a heal when the group ward expires and for totemic protection.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Spirit Tap has a very long reuse and the others listed are single target only. Defilers have the AA for a heal when the ward expires, but they also get a heal when they cast their wards (from their epic 1.0).
    I'm not saying mystics don't have tools or that they're weak, because they're not, just that, with the current mechanics, defilers have better tools for dealing with bleed through.
  11. Kari Well-Known Member

Ancestral support and lunar attendant are also group and not single target. But since neither of us actually play mystics as our mains we should probably defer to the mystics that have posted they are fine dealing with bleed-through.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I never said they can't deal with bleed through or that it was hard for them, my husband's main is a msytic, only that it is easier for defilers.
  13. Skiasss Member

As far as I've known this expac bleedthrough hasnt been as bad for mystics as it is for defilers ... Like a guildie betrayed to mystic this xpac because it's easier to solo heal raid groups as a mystic vs as a defiler
  14. Revanu Well-Known Member

Its all relative now depending on potency lvl etc. Prior mystics had a leg up because of a fubar'd ability that somehow scaled out of control. However, currently its a dead tie between defiler and mystic imo.

Yes defilers have an AA option that heals while warding whereas mystic has a heal on ward expiration.

Mystics have ancestral support, which is our closest thing to the defilers rolling heals. Then again its not just a heal but more of a retroactive Priest type VC based off your dmg output in regards to size of heal/ward.

Both get totemic.

Yet spirit tap is great, but its also meh. Lovely for fights when you just wanna youtube it and autofollow someone.

Torpor/oberon etc and defilers marquee singles nullify comparison.

Bolster & Stampede give mystic a superior leg on group need as far as dps is concerned

I'd argue that with major influx of stats and gear, mystics also have more availability to randomize their spec and grab barrier which is absolutely beautiful and the + % to wards on proc etc etc.

Any healer is a good choice as long as you are competent behind the computer screen.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

There was a bug with some of the content that was causing mystic wards to act as DR and not just wards in some content. That has been fixed.

Aside from those few raid fights, however, defilers generally have an easier time.

Again, I am not saying mytics suck or struggle.
  16. Earar Well-Known Member

defilers too ... crushing damage .. while mystics was arcane ?

heard troub was also helping in DR .. don't ask me how but they were.

Since they fixed the bugs, damage went quite up !!
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Mystic is/was nox
  18. Revanu Well-Known Member

yes and no.

Mystics are given a regular ward(prophetic ward) that is solely nox damage and our passive group trauma/physical ward/buff is runic armor.

Passive nox ward is Ancestral Mettle
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah but what was the passive DR for ?

somebody told me defilers was physical damage, that's why now we were hit but crushing damage amazingly high

mystics passive DR was what ?
  20. Revanu Well-Known Member

Mystic was arcane armor, as to what was applying the DR or the cause of. no idea.