Duplicate Healer mercenary needs fighter

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Aelianna, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Aelianna New Member

I am experiencing "need fighter" message while I am on my wizard when I have a healer merc and the healer merc is not healing myself and/or it. Is this intended or is it a bug?
    Carynn, Twyla and Doobius40504 like this.
  2. Kander Developer

Can you give us more information? What merc were you using? What zone were you in when it occurred?
  3. Aelianna New Member

I was on my wizard and in the new zone and had the healer merc Chumba Spiritcaller . I am also now experiencing the same message on my wizzy with the merc Oor of Umbra and on my conjuror using a battlepriest mercenary in the new zone. They are both 120 or higher and until I went into the new zone I didn't get the message "need fighter" What kind of mercernary should I be using with the wizard and conjuror? Also the mercenaries are not showing up to other people when I have them active.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's something not behaving properly, but usually its some ability of yours that throws the dumb message. It's not the mercenary.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Which new zone?

Most likely what you are seeing is an ability not landing on you because you are not a healer. A number of these 'diagnostic' (for lack of a better term) strings are reporting to the player in new content; largely you see them when positional attacks don't apply to you because you are in front of/behind an enemy that uses a directional attack, for instance.

If you recall, the same type of messaging occur(s/ed?) in Shar Vahl: Siege Break on the first named inside the castle, when the explosion happens but you are out of the room so it does not apply the killing blow; it gives a similar message along the lines of 'Must be in specific location' in yellow text in the same manner.
  6. Aelianna New Member

This happens no matter what zone I am in and it happens every time I zone.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

8. Taled Well-Known Member

Are you using a 2h staff that has the 'Wary Protection' buff attached to it, by chance?
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  9. Caith Developer