having several tech issues

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Zolar, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Zolar New Member

I have return to the game after a several year hiatus and I am dealing with several technical issues. It took Daybreak over a week to get back to me only to have their suggestions make my issues worse.

1) The download never completes. Every time I log on to the game it says I have over 24K GB to go. Over time I get it down into the teens but as soon as I log out and in, it's back up to 24k. I've been doing this for two weeks straight. I've just noticed in my add or remove programs list that I have two EQ2 icons listed in the installed section. I am assuming that this is not normal?

2) When I log in to the game my screen is insanely bright and all of the UI is extremely shiny looking. As soon as I move my character the screen goes black for a few seconds and when it restores, the gamma/bloom issue gets corrected.

3) The game often freezes and/or crashing while zoning or directly after. Happened every once in a while, but after the suggested fix, it now happens nearly every time I zone.

4) I've messed with the graphic settings so much that many objects now have dotted white lines outlining them. I remember this issue from ten years ago and was given a fix at the time, but can't remember what that was now. You'd think they would have fixed it by now?! The current devs didn't have an answer for me. I'm pretty sure this is due to the crappy shader issues and probably partly due to why I crash, as I was running shadows on max.

5) Lastly. Probably not last, but last I can think of ATM. When I /claim my free prestige homes on any of my characters I don't receive the home. If I click on the portal, it wants me to buy it. If I switch to my second account, those toons get their houses just fine.

Any help would be certainly appreciated. I want to play EQ2 again, but all of this is putting a damper on the fun and discouraging me from wanting to play.

Please help!
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I am in no way a tech person, but just a few things to maybe check, I'm not sure if they will help or not but... Do you have Direct X9 installed? Even if you have a newer version EQ2 requires Direct X9. Also are you streaming the download or doing a full install? The streaming download creates all sorts of problems, you can tell if you have a little dinosaur running at the bottom of your screen. Last but not least have you validated your game assets? That is all I can think of like I said I am not a tech person at all.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

What Breanna advises you really need if your OS for this game is Windows. Those problems, that you write about, there are all answers, either in DBG messages (https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/categories/202575317-TECHNICAL-HELP) or in this forum. For regret, they didn't consider it need to create a separate and accessible to any playerrs of reference info on solving technical "difficulties". So either you have to spend your time or those who want to help you - their time.. Also, to start, reset all graphics settings to default ones: on your monitor, in system, and in game. And then gradually expose, checking, those that will suit you. You also need to look at which fonts are better and there may even be plugins for game to look at which are better for you ((https://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/index.php?s=3265e84c4d834515d830f951b06ef624)). This is game not "out of box". It often requires a rather painstaking "fit" for yourself.. and not that you get everything ready-made on a platter..
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Balcerak Well-Known Member

The most important thing as Breanna said is to do a full download when you install the game. The streaming version will only be tolerable if you have extremely high speed fiber connection and eq2 servers aren't busy. That combination is very rare. You can't play until the full download is done. If you try you will be streaming again.
    Natael and Breanna like this.