Have one character slot left and need some help

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Dormammu, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Dormammu New Member

I haven't played EQ2 in many, many, many years and decided to return for Kaladim. Been playing since the server launched and having a lot of fun. I have a 29 SK, a 29 Conjuror, a 28 Swashbuckler, and a 22 Ranger on this server.

I really enjoy all of the classes I've made so far but I am thinking of making a Wizard or an Illusionist next. I was wondering how each of them fair in terms of pure damage and how well each of them solo. I understand the Wizard would probably have more issues soloing, but if Wizard is significantly higher in damage I would enjoy grouping with them.

Was also debating making something to play with my friend (who is making a Paladin) and not sure if either of the above mentioned would pair well or if something else I haven't tried would be better suited for that duo group.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Venser Active Member

A wizard will boast you a lot of dps, they do great now and only get better. Illys actually do pretty decent damage themselves, they will pale in comparison to a wizard in a raid setting, however an illusionist is probably more revered in the fact that they bring very nice utility for the group or raid. A wizard is needed in raids, ice lash is amazing, but you'll be more likely to find a spot in a group or raid setting as an illusionist at this time.

Or play your swashbuckler, they're pretty awesome.
  3. Dormammu New Member

Hmm, I see. Will the Illy's damage still pale in comparison to the Wizard if I'm just duoing with my friend's Paladin? More rather, do they need buffs from other classes in raid settings to hit their high damage or do they just shred as long as someone can hold aggro?

Yeah, I'm having a ton of fun with my Swashbuckler at the moment so I second that statement, lol.

Thanks a bunch for the helpful information!
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

did you come to barter?
  5. Dormammu New Member

Hahah. I've come to bargain - wait...
  6. Venser Active Member

Honestly in a duo an illy in my opinion may be the better route. You'd have very nice crowd control in case the two of you run into trouble. In a group setting mobs die quite fast so an illy can do some very nice burst damage. They offer excellent utility for melee and spell casters. Wizards do extraordinary damage, in a group or raid they really do need some buffs, but they are the entire package as far as being T1 dps. But since you really just want to duo, I'd go illy for some group mana regeneration, nice dps, and great utility.

Or stay swashbuckler and be sexy looking and be amazing
  7. Dormammu New Member

Alright, thanks a bunch for all of the valuable input! That is exactly the well thought out comparison I was hoping for. I'll probably end up rolling an Illy as the CC and such would come in handy I'm sure.

Hahaha, you do make a good case for the Swashbuckler though. I'll have to level my Swashbuckler alongside the other with the rested vitality bonus.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Make a dwarven bruiser and specialize in beard-fu. Actually don't do that. I'm going to do that. Or we could all do that.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Venser Active Member

10 beers ahead of you