Have not played since Launch...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Auxero, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Auxero New Member

Given the title ive been reading alot on the forums, Ive logged in and tried several classes on free play and gotten a feel for how the game is from a UI and balance perspective at low level.

I like the feel and am interested in returning. I have multiple accounts available and want to ask if there is any value in dual boxing. There are not nearly as many threads on it as there are on original eQ or other games.

My sense while playing is that it would not be as beneficial as it is in other games.

Please help me decide if dual box is worthwhile. FYI I am primarily a solo player.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

For example, the solo dungeons later in life are solo (with a merc) or a second player (real or boxed). I think its worthwhile for at least one box toon, though I don't do that. If you have a tank, bring a healer, for example. But know this, your toons at low level are not how they will be at high level. Example Rangers don't really start getting bow talents until lvl 20+ (hold over from earlier days when you were a scout then a predator and then a ranger as you narrowed your class options).
    Steelviper and Soara2 like this.
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

With mercs, a box isn't necessary but still worth playing for the 'harder' content, especially if you use a conjy or necro. Then you have a pet plus two mercs plus two player characters (or two pets if you do two pet classes, giving you a group of six) and you can run chrono'd raid zones.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Xoda New Member

2Boxing is a great way to play. Can't find a group for the night then just 2box with 2 mercs and you are good to go.
    Lukasha likes this.
  5. Lukasha Member

I agree with Zoda, or even 3 box. You can make some simple Maco's (not like you can in EQ, but still they work). I have 3 boxed toons before, and done group instances. Most of the time you only have to play one toon of the 3 box, and the 3 mercs do the rest. Can use a follow macro to make it easy.

I found this unnecessary though, as you can level so quickly now compared to launch. Just molo IMO, to somewhat learn your class.
  6. Divexo New Member

I think you would love the merc system. I recently came back myself. Boosted to 100, got the free merc, then decimated almost all the old raid content. 70 - 95. I haven't played since 2010 so there is a ton of content. You can mentor down to lower level stuff to get the gear and make it a good fight. Its been a lot of fun going back and killing all the old content. Thats all in between doing the epic quest and all the timeline quest that go along with them. Good hunting.