Have more H.A. like, Merc customization with non sig kind, such as text/face...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Faelfreeblood, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Wouldn't it be cool to Have more merc control of non signature base mercs that came with A.O.D?
    I mean such as text lines, and face/skin custom, as can do with house actors without changing race or Merc stuff/actions? It would be easy to do and would be more fun encouraging to unlock that than this other stuff with them! A real way to trully personalize.
  2. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Oh please. Don't add more things that 'would be cool'. What would be cooler is to be able to play and have things work as they should and 'not as intended' as the joke goes.
  3. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Well, well then...Lets get things stabilized and save this, fun and immersive tasty little tidbit for later shall we?

Some people do like interesting easy to do and fun little things. They like to have cosmetic choices.

'The players carry the Mercs around with them after all, but maybe one or two things are off? Perhaps, they would like a custom line, set/set alt appear? So what?

Its built into the actors and OK for non signature mercs. Simply nothing to it.

Do it over coffee Devs??

They already went further than I would have done with the convoluted merc systems, this is just a personalize h.actor thing. A workable, no strain way to make game play fun! Not programing a major feature, more like enabling options+.

I Cant see in the normal run how this could take away from anything really?

PS
    ''Some Sig mercs have burned no skin look(more so pre hire) llike in major cities, like when you get a corrupt skin in sims or skyrim? (Besides the main point, just saying) Ie. eur/halfling.'

Adept likes this.
  4. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

There is not some "Customization" system already designed for mercs they can just "turn on".

This would indeed require "programing a major feature".
  5. Faelfreeblood Active Member

All apologizes. However, House actor/actor/framework is there. (Importing C/gen adapting?) Less work.,,,Some programing then. Maybe a later feature to consider for a planed release or update?

I think it a good Idea, I say, though I don't mean to underplay...the effort it dose require.

Its Just a nice idea many have probably considered, and wanted in one way or the other? Good idea for a feature.

PS:
    Just as a point of interest, I would be pleased if you could explain more about how the Eq2 game engine works ''in relativistic layman's terms'', so I don't seem so impossibly naive in making such suggestions like this in future, besides given the pleasing game/style and feel, I find this intriguing. :)
  6. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

I don't know how the eq2 engine works honestly, just thinking about the language, data structure, ETC, I could see how its more than just a job to do over coffee.
    Faelfreeblood likes this.
  7. Faelfreeblood Active Member

like I indicated with the cavat ''This+'' It means tools/structure there some work done with spawned actors, maybe an adaption/Import/not from scratch. I oversimplified to make this point but really it would add to the fun. I never suggested this should take precedent over any overriding stability concerns, but this is a game...varied play styles nothing wrong with taking note of something that adds to the fun.

House builders/decor that get Nerik style and can decorate Felwithe prestige and mismoore/freeblood lairs prove some taste in players. Get community involvement but of the right contingent for right feature ''play style'' that will use it.Hardcore raiders or people who treat the game as nothing but a themed chatbox wont care much, they would want other features '' all fine''. Best consider all though right?

The EQ playerbase like in life is varied but these ''eccentric ones ''fantasist''/creative people/builders, (or just admirers) will buy more incidentally. (Sly smile).

Many would like there to be more immersive involvement choices, even if this is only in the form of passive simi-interactve world elements and features. To you know have more fun. The Rpg element can also be expressed as Player experiential environment, Ambience. Style, interaction choices involvement, hence quality of game.

Think ''but not really'' Ps2 RPG Chronocross Star ocean, ''Shadowhearts (1)'', interesting npcs...customization choices And...Lore that dose not touch any irl issues or trends but sticks with the game world.''people oft want to escapee zealotry, stupidity, just play a fun game ''a different scenario without any leanings.

Its not always all out Convention RP, just style, ''quality , character of game. Think the spices (hallmark shopping) girl in nerik market, touches like that, ''living appealing iconic ''bit off to be cute'' environment'' customization also. In good taste, interactive fun.

Use your imagination. ''Some still actually do, believe it or not''. Why miss any fun? More so with tools you have already got? Get people saying EQ2 is a trip. Elegant, evocative but not cheap ''or a joke.

You know mind the negative ''mocking, sardonic'' side of this that ruins film squeals and games. Such that that was/is the metaphorical coffin nail to them actually'' (eq is a touch dire when its serious in lore but cute with stable but innovate approaches) willing to go over the top with character origin lore for example but not in poor taste ''with one character exception (opinion).

Anyway, That has been the spirit of the game without making a sycophant joke out of it. (going to far).

This counterbalances needed PWE style gambits for the success of the game IE ''perfect world'' overlooked by virtue of good taste, (can easily be) and much to see and do ways and means to go about. Hence fun. Is a game: only justification needed for fun. Not about needed but desired.