Have 2 Tier 3 Rare Inks, what should I go Adept 3 with?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Asolandri, Dec 13, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Asolandri Guest

All suggestions welcome.
  2. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

Do you group alot? Or do you solo more often.

That would be the indicator on which to upgrade. Honestly, the first thing is to upgrade Bria's, since it can never hurt to upgrade a power regen song. Second is about personal choice. I just hit 30, and I had a few rares lying around. I upgraded Brias, Melody and Darksong. Mainly due to the increased damage output for myself. (My usual group is a guardian, warlock, mystic and myself), so tanking is never a problem.
  3. ARCHIVED-Leuna Guest

I would upgrade walk lightly if I were you, but that's just me!
  4. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

There is really no need, at least the way I play a dirge, to go above Adept I. Now, if you were soloing, MAYBE...but then again our primary mission in groups is to enhance other people through our songs and debuffing mobs to enhance our dps.

That is the good thing about being a dirge, we can do a little of all, whatever is needed. When in groups, my first duty is to cripple the mobs in terms of lowering its defenses, so when I start chaining styles, I am maximizing my damage.
  5. ARCHIVED-Asolandri Guest

Well looks like my choice is on hold until I can get some carbonite spikes. Can't find any on market, and don't know any 20+ weaponsmiths =(
  6. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

Yeah, it really depends on if you group a lot or not. If I was soloing I'd say Cry of the Departed and Wicked Warble. Those are some high damage attacks in the Tier 3 range. Perhaps Thuri's Doleful Thrust since it is a lvl 29 skill which means you will get the most bang-for-your-buck with the Adept 3. (I'm just 28.7 so I don't know how good that attack is -- so I'd wait to use it first.)

If you group heavily it becomes a little tougher. I'd go with Clara's Chaotic Cacophony because it really does help increase damage so you are getting a boost for soloing and a boost for grouping. I might go with Cry of the Departed on top of that (well, wait and check Doleful Thrust first). I have Wicked Warble at App III and am doing 200-250 dmg with it after our debuff melee strike so I'd love to see how it did with Adept III, but Cry of the Departed -- while not doing as much damage -- does have a 10 sec recast and is a higher level skill. (Higher level skills get a boost in the good-to-upgrade department simply because you will be using them for longer.)

Bria's Thrilling Ballad wouldn't be a bad choice either, especially if you almost exclusively group.