Haunted Home Decorating Forum Challenge

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Oct 15, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Initially I would have said I would be a judge, but since I spent all that time decorating, no way I would drop out .. that and the judges will have a hard time with this one :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Palleon Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Oh noes!!

I finished well in time, but couldnt get the test account to take screenshots, so didnt post anything here.. I didnt know I was supposed to announce I was finished. Does that mean all my work will be ignored? :( :( Hoping not
  3. ARCHIVED-Meridia Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    When the contest closed I made quick one to two minute video previews of all the houses. I was half-asleep when I made them though so some are pretty quick walk-thrus. In addition, I didn't have the time to look at books, which were integral to some houses (including mine). I know that I missed a lot of details. All that said, they were meant to be quick previews for those who don't have the time to load/tour them all but want a quick idea of which ones they would like to go look at in person. Also, I wanted to catalog our hard work for posterity since the test copy server will eventually be wiped.
    I made a list of entrants from the forums. At the time, I had 140 entrants and recorded 94 finished. I made 89 videos. I couldn't enter five houses. (I guess either the rent wasn't paid or it wasn't made public.) I must have missed a few entrants.
    In any case, if you want to add your own vid to the display on everseek (in case mine sucks) just let me know.
  4. ARCHIVED-Awryne Guest

Thank you for taking the time to take video previews of all the entries! \(^_^)/ I probably missed it on the site somewhere, but what is the youtube account you used to upload the videos? I can't look at them without becoming your friend on youtube.
  5. ARCHIVED-Meridia Guest

My youtube account is everseekcom
    (However, I'm not sure why it is requiring that since I set them all to public (unless I missed one - are they *all* like that?) I hope I'm not missing something obvious with youtube - I haven't done a lot with it. :))
  6. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

I was able to view them just fine by just clicking the link. I have no youtube account and didnt have to do anything special to view them. Is it just a certain video or all of them?
  7. ARCHIVED-Awryne Guest

I was able to watch other videos, but Neinya's video doesn't seem to work. Not sure why I typed that in the plural; I apologize.
  8. ARCHIVED-Meridia Guest

Lystella@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Thanks, that was one I missed! I think it was the only one but let me know if you see more. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Starson80uk Guest

My video links to someone elses =O(
  10. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

11. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Serenitii you missed mine , went back in and paid up the rent, Ristiali is the one, if you want to add it to the videos you made.
  12. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Last update for the weekend: Everyone who asked to participate should have received (on your main character) the three participation rewards we decided to give out -- a scare crow, a black and white gift box, and an orange and black robe.
    Have a great weekend, everyone! :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Serenitii@Permafrost wrote:
    Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to do this. Fantastic job!
  14. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Videos! Yay! Thank you, Serenitii, for doing that!
    And thank you Amnerys for the participation prizes! A scare crow! Woot!
    Edit: Hee! I went to look at the participation prizes, and put the community present down to see if it did anything (it has a sweet little message from the community team ^_^ ) I picked it back up to figure out where I actually want to put it, and I got server disco! This amuses me as it had already been in my inventory for 5 minutes by then.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Very cool, didn't expect that at all so thank you! :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Raven_Ancient Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Thank you Amnerys very much (and other associated behind the scenes people). These items are great. Largely because of the "sacre" crow. I love the little fellows and he'll be happily joining my murder.
  17. ARCHIVED-d1anaw Guest

Serenitii@Permafrost wrote:
    Oh crap. I didn't think about setting the acess. I always set out sales crates so it's usually automatic. Ececia's is fixed now.
  18. ARCHIVED-ravenkitty Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    i never got my participation prizes on my main Chiyoiche :( and i love free things :( (my entry name on test was Zodia)
  19. ARCHIVED-Meridia Guest

Aslita@Runnyeye wrote:
    Eek! So sorry. I'll fix that now. I knew there were likely mistakes! Just let me know when you find them. After visiting, recording, compressing, uploading, etc. I didn't take the time to go back and verify.
  20. ARCHIVED-Meridia Guest

irish wrote:
    Will do. I went through the official list of entrants posted by Amnerys and compared with mine - there are nine I still need to do: Arilnoreph, Autumn, Cixias, Dontblink, Ececia, Ekusuy, Linger, Naija and yours. Originally there were five of these that I couldn't enter and the other four I must have just missed. If you're one of these entrants you may want to check your rent/permissions. (ETA: Ececia, I saw your note.)