Hau Mein Faction

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, May 6, 2022.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I am trying to get Hau Mein craftsmen faction, so I can buy recipe books and furniture, and would like to request you lower the faction amount required. This goes for all the factions needed for craftsmen in Sentinel's Fate. This is such old content that it doesn't make a lot of sense requiring a player to spend a month to be able to buy furniture from this expansion.
    Hartsmith and tasnee like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

There are tons of old-world quests that require the faction grind to get something that is outdated-- mainly a lot of epic questlines requires that you have certain faction and have already completed certain heritage quests. If only they could make faction boosting tokens to let players get right to the point.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

I bet people would pay a fair bit for something like this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

and the pay to win bashing bandwagon would burst in flames probably
  5. Kethryl Active Member

There is a precedent for "faction boosting tokens", available for a certain amount of plat or status or whatnot, once ONE character on the account has reached max faction (+50,000). Something like this would absolutely be appreciated for players that have multiple characters. That said, the game is called "EverQuest", and getting it done the first time should absolutely require questing. The entire purpose of faction is to require a level of effort in order to gain the rewards from said faction.
    Smashey, Hartsmith and Daryx like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I'd be okay with an account-wide flag that would allow 2ndary characters to be given the faction because the game recognizes that you've already done it all with another character.
  7. Tharseite New Member

me's tinks Factions in dis RowPlay world makey sense.
    while me's no likey the tiny faction (150, 200, etc) per task,
    the faction "work" let me'es proves me's DEDICATED to their cause.
    (me's super LUVs!! Othimeries in East Waste!! now kin do dailies as soons as one's dun wif las one-tink they call dat "rinse & repeat")
    me no tinks just whine to gain faction will ever work,... dat wud gets Othimers to laugh, i tink. ;)
    Forestchild, Breanna and Twyla like this.
  8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Agreed, though I'd even be happy if it still required that last 10k points of faction to be earned. I've gotten several characters through the Isle of Mara TS questlines, so am frustrated having so many others.

I will say that I just learned that the level 120 TS boost does grant 30k faction with Far Seas Supply Division. Not sure about other factions, though. I only noticed this one because I only just started pursuing it on this character the other day so I can get the Pegasus mount and TS armor, and she definitely had never did anything to earn faction prior to this.
    Almee and Breanna like this.
  9. Forestchild Well-Known Member

OMG!!!! Just was scrolling through posts, and got to yours, and read all of it, and was chuckling all though it. LOV it.. dang role-players crack me up to pieces..LOL.
    Aterskia and Hartsmith like this.
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

Excessive faction doesn't work any better in a game than it does in real life. People don't usually play games to be bored silly doing faction quests. Life generally offers us enough of that.
  11. Denmum Developer

Everyone's concept of what is "excessive" is different, unfortunately.

With regards to faction, it takes time for a group to decide to open themselves up to you fully and consider you an ally as opposed to occasional visiting help.

That is an underlying foundation of all faction work in the game, and it isn't something we plan on revisiting any time soon. Earning some things takes time and effort, even if it is "just" racially themed furniture. I "get" that you're frustrated and want it all sooner rather than later, but even that old content is still new for some people and we're not going to abbreviate their experience because others are tired of it.
    Chikkin, tasnee, Breanna and 5 others like this.
  12. Celestia Well-Known Member

It’s the instant gratification feeling so many people want these days. I hate to go all old man having to tread back and forth through the snow both ways, but art imitates life. If you don’t have to work for it a little, what’s the point? At the end of the day, when you get everything you need done, it will feel all the better for getting the accomplishment.
  13. Forestchild Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I hated when they brought the baubles out to allow players to level their toons instantly to said level. you had then too many peeps that didn't know the toon and got you guild. I personally loved to level my toons the "old way", because it gave me a chance to learn their skills, and their "personality" traits.

Yes my toons have "attitudes" and are proud of it. Each of them have their favorite zones and items that they love to collect. My Vampire Templar; names Butterfinger, loves to collect Roses of all kinds, for example.

So thank you to the Devs for NOT removing the faction timeline.
    AOE1, Twyla and Breanna like this.
  14. Celestia Well-Known Member

I have to admit I am kinda a hypocrite as far as the baubles are concerned. Don’t get me wrong, I do all the quests as such, or at least try to get a lot of achievements. The trade skill timelines, etc. but when it came to actually leveling, I hated the PoP timeline, so I would work on levels up to about 100 and then use the bauble. That’s the one time line I hate in this game, because it’s so SLOW to level. Even with potions and such running, I hated it.

So I DO understand the level aspect, but questing itself for rewards doesn’t bother me too much.
    Almee and Forestchild like this.
  15. Almee Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what baubles have to do with faction quests to get recipes for furniture to decorate houses. Whether you use a bauble or not, you still have to do the faction quests if you want the recipes.

16. Celestia Well-Known Member

Oh I don't think they have to do with faction, I was just pointing out some of my hypocrisy in other ways :D
    And I think Forest (may I call you Forest?) was just trying to say that some things shouldn't be changed, because as you can pretty much fore go all the leveling usually required, there's little else to keep this game from totally being a cakewalk now.

As faction is one of those things, they should probably leave it in. Because when you really think about it, EQ2 has gotten rather easy if you don't raid or even do heroics.
    AOE1, Forestchild and Breanna like this.
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

If a player doesn't raid, or do heroics, they are probably like me and spend their time harvesting, crafting, and decorating. I do only the basic things I need to do, in adventuring, to be able to do the things I enjoy the most. And with all the houses available, to decorate, I will be busy until the next century. And I'm fine with faction quests for adventuring, I just don't care for them for crafting because of the one-a-day part. I'd be fine with them if I could do a week's worth at a time or they didn't have the daily time-lock on the quests. I play on 4 servers and trying to keep track of who can do which quest, when, is too complicated. As a result, I end up doing none of them unless they are like ToT and I can do them in one sitting for the week.
    Hartsmith and Forestchild like this.
  18. Celestia Well-Known Member

Like I said, they have to make it some sort of a little challenging. I get that they shouldn’t do it to a certain degree, but as Denmum pointed out, they have to have some sort of balance and not everyone is going to agree with how the balance works. Some people like a challenge, others don’t.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What I usually do is ask in the Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow channel for someone that can get whatever it is I need and is willing to stick it in my house for me if it's going to be too big a pain in the hiney to do the faction myself, or if I am decorating with a toon on a TLE that is too little to get whatever it is yet.

When I was on Fallen Gate, I was decorating a library for a house swap, and it needed some animal head trophies. A couple of folks who had them or could get them either sold them to me or donated them, which was wonderful and I really hope the person whose house I did there liked it.
  20. Aterskia Active Member

so be's tellin' me'es?
    furst tim yu's makey Soufflé, or Consommé[real difficult dishes] it be's purfek?
    jus do wunce, an yu's be done?
    yu's wanna insta-potion fum dat Ogre in duh Rhino-drawn-Carriage wif blak'd out winnows?
    or's
    yu be's wurks fur 'compishment, ownership, self-satifikation?
    {an anyway, eben fum pers-nal point view, lik me's got anytin' beter to do; clocky-tics spend is clocky-tics spend}