Hate gain change, tank pets not taunting or am I just unlucky?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-PotatoeGuru, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-PotatoeGuru Guest

Potential Chicken Little post here, but I SWEAR I am gaining more aggro during fights than pre-GU57 or that my pet is not even taunting.
    Anyone else notice anything screwy or is it just me 8(
  2. ARCHIVED-shadowedwolf Guest

I have noticed a slight change in hate; I seem to gain it faser than before, but my pet hasn't losted agro yet... but my pet seems to randomly attack mobs that get to close... even when he's not in protect & defend mode... :(
  3. ARCHIVED-PotatoeGuru Guest

shadowedwolf wrote:
    Thanks! I feel better. 8)
    I've not actually lost aggro yet, but have gotten close. It just seems odd I can cast one Lifetap and the meter more-often-than-not automatically jumps from zero to 25-31% even after I let the pet get beat up a bit. This is happening even with the 10% hate reduction AA in place and the Hate gain pet stance active.
    It's not a deal breaker, but it's still puzzling.
  4. ARCHIVED-KinMorbidreamer Guest

tank pets have never held agro very well. at 90 I just tank with my mage pet in defensive stance as it holds agro better due to putting out more damage.

... on my necro of course :)
  5. ARCHIVED-PotatoeGuru Guest

Iadenie@Permafrost wrote:
    Thanks, I will give that a try. 8)
    The amount of hate gain still seems crazy though for me with -10% and the pet with +50%ish.
    For example, Lifetap is an automatic 25 -30% gain no matter when it's cast. I let the pet melee a greenie down to 50% health without casting a single spell and it was still went from zero to 25%.
    I just don't recall it being that way before, but I could just be remembering incorrectly.
  6. ARCHIVED-NewbJoe Guest

Another suggestion is to get a AA spec mirror. I have one to play with my Solo AA specs and my group AA spec. When your soloing just be careful in not stacking your DoTs too close together, because the tank pet is not going to out taunt your DPS. Instead, spec in the tainted heals line and when you start getting agro cast a root or fear the mob. Also casting debuffs like siphoning of souls and mortality mark in the beginning of the encounter allows enough time for the pet generate agro. It's not the update that has cause agro problems. It's always how necromancers worked. Just take your time when soloing after all necromancers do Damage Over Time.

Enjoy the class!