Haste Buff being obselete now ?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Shredderr, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Shredderr Guest

At one point I thought this particular ability was somewhat class defining . However many other classes seem to be able to cap haste now and it seems very trivial and hasnt been upgraded for quite some lvls now . Would it benefit from being changed to a dps buff or just have the buff added to the haste even better . I dont see us attacking faster than scouts any longer . Like an additional 40 dps buff with the haste would make it an ability to truly drool over and help the dps tanks truly catch up to the plate tanks like zerkers and sk's putting out the 30,000 numbers I see regularly .
    today btw group was looking for more dps so they asked for tanks in chat ... had 3 tanks in chat . Even the noobs have noticed that tanks are out dpsing other classes and easier to heal . With monks the " true dps tanks " being at the bottom of the list .
  2. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

I still believe that monks have the greatest self haste if not some being over the 200 point mark. I personally like that my monk has a high haste factor but that only really helps in my solo game. In proper group set up or raid yes other tanks/scouts can be just as hasted as a monk and will benefit more from it since they are unable to self haste like the monk.
    On another note dps is totally out of whack if you ask me. Furies and inquisitors are throwing up parses that are insain if they have the gear to allow it and can still heal and debuff.
    Brawlers did receive some love this expac but so did the other tanks leaving brawlers basically where they were last year. Three tanks sk, paladin, and zerker are the best for all situations. Monks and bruisers are ok and guards well they are still lacking.
    Not really sure what could be given to monks since most other support classes already have these areas for dps improvements covered.
  3. ARCHIVED-Brickfist Guest

Aull wrote:
    haste cap removal. Potency has been uncapped for the classes that are more spell/ca related, haste being uncapped would even us back out to where we should be.
  4. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

With the current itemization, I challenge anybody to find a stat they CAN'T cap with enough effort.
    Really, while having really high haste isn't unique to monks anymore, we still have an amazingly easy time with it, allowing us to focus on other stats. Gear is all about opportunity costs--we can afford to spend less money on haste items and attack speed bonuses and focus on DPS, potency, crit bonus, and so on. Everybody CAN reach max attack speed, but we do it with the least sacrifice to other stats.
  5. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    Wonderful post.
    As we all know auto attack with all the da, procs, and flurry is the most powerful means of damage for melee classes except for maybe the assassin and ranger. It has no power consumption to do it either. Being highly self hasted is consistant as well and has the assurance that with every auto attack it is doing the same as the last. Like the energizer bunny if you will.
    Other fighters like the zerker, crusaders, and bruisers have procs but procs are far to inconsistant. They may or may not proc.
    High haste point wise is still unique to monks. No other melee figher has this ability to consistantly buff their attack speed this way. The zerker and swash are the only two that comes close and their haste buffs are not constant but temp procs.
    So I think it is great that a monk has super high haste. As mentioned above being able to focus in other areas without scarificing is a great bonus. Also not needing haste buffs from support classes allows a monk to get other buffs that guardians, paladins, sk's, and bruisers would not normally be able to receive since they take more support just to get high haste.
    Count this as a blessing not a curse.
    I enjoy having capped haste. I don't want it taken away.
  6. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Aull wrote:
    You misunderstand. Sure, with a lot of effort anyone can cap haste...but brawlers put in 0 effort to cap it. This is bad because it means that any effort we put in is lost. That's problematic because sometimes you have no choice but to get wasted haste. What am I supposed to do, never group with a troub or illy because their buffs are wasted? Not wear a gloves slot item when dpsing, because last I checked my dps gloves had haste on them regardless of me not needing it?
    Having capped haste doesn't give us the freedom to head towards other stats, it just means that buffs are wasted. I think they should take the haste from our offensive stance and turn it into flurry instead.
  7. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    No, if anything they should change everburning.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Vinka you have some valid points. Sure monks do not need more haste but bruisers (at least my bruiser) needs all the haste possible. It is hard for a bruiser to cap haste. In doing so gear and adorns will lead to loosing out on other stats if haste is the focal point.
    BChizz is right that everburning should be changed.
  9. ARCHIVED-Shredderr Guest

Not saying I want it changed since it pretty much is class defining but I no longer serves to make us a top tank dpser like we chould be atm , and it would seem something should be added to it like a dps buff to make it viable . Something to bring us to where we should be in terms of dps in comparison to all the plate tanks . Bchizz Iknow this dont apply to u , but those of us who cant raid want to at least be seen when heroic grouping outdpsing the plate tank and or the scouts with taunts .
  10. ARCHIVED-hasssteed Guest

Since when do you have to be a raider to get near the cap in haste as a monk? I agree with Bchizzle (( shudders at the thought.)) to turn everburning into either a flurry or maybe an autoattack base modifier. The only way it will be class defining is if they remove the haste cap which i dont see them doing anytime soon. Even without everburning we will still self buff to over the soft cap easy.
  11. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

so let me get this right..... monk are whining about having a haste buff any other class would love to have? and since they have it they would love to have it changed? does not make any since, and then you want to made into a flurry buff wow talk about wanting it to go to an OP ability.
    this is a big joke right?
  12. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

I'd rather have flow like wind changed than everburning, for a very simple reason: Everburning is always up, while flow like wind is not up when tanking. If we have everburning changed, then when we're tanking we'd only have haste from our RW buff. If flow like wind is changed, then we'll still have a decent amount of haste no matter what. It doesn't necessarilly have to be all of the haste they remove though--If they took away 20 haste and turned it into flurry or crit bonus or potency or AE auto attack or whatever that would be perfectly acceptable.