Has anyone worked out how many PGs you need to do to fully adorn 1 char?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CoLD MeTaL, Dec 28, 2017.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I tried doing a solo PG, but fell asleep in the middle so boring.

Trying to figure out how much it's going to take to adorn 1 char. Just curious if anyone has already done the math, save me the time.
    santargria likes this.
  2. Kheldorm Active Member

Just bit under 300, iirc, and you are all access, getting 18 marks per.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Kheldorm Active Member

And boring? Yep. Mind-numbing. But it's what you pay for!
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Uxtalzon Active Member

Number escapes me, but I calculated between 275 and 290 back then, right around when the pirate ship zone became available.

Since then I heard of adornment prices increasing, new stuff (I never cared for the battlecat familiar), and longer lockout solo timers, so my count is no longer accurate. It was solely for three armor pieces and fully upgraded orange adornment with it.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Wreakinn Member

Depends. I got all 4 good runes, battlecat, and 8+ maxed out whites, which is well over 4000. I am also insane, and will never set foot in there again.

Boring, painful, and will literally turn your stomach after a while, but it's a super-easy route to some required adorns.
    Kheldorm likes this.
  6. Wreakinn Member

Oh. And I used between 2-4 characters, otherwise it would be impossible coz boring.
  7. Rubick Well-Known Member

These people saying under 300? No way. It takes 160 per white adorn to fully level it, and far more for orange adorns. When I came back to the game, without getting the battlecat, I had to grind out somewhere in the ballpark of 3,000 tokens, not 300. You need those orange adorns too because they're crazy good.
  8. Wreakinn Member

Yeah to be fair, "fully adorn" would be a LOT more than 300. To many, filling the slot is nowhere near "fully adorned".
  9. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

I think they meant 300 runs, not tokens.
    Kheldorm likes this.
  10. Kheldorm Active Member

If you read, I said about 300 RUNS, for 18 tokens each run. Not 300 tokens.
  11. Occam Well-Known Member

I could use a couple more adorns, but I refuse to step into PGs until we have another double awards event.
  12. Kheldorm Active Member

Aye, the cost for the PG adorns is stupid at this point, but as far as DBG is concerned, it's Working as Intended. Keeping those that need them paying for a sub for at least the double tokens. But, but... but... at least, it's ALT-FRIENDLY!!!! Right?
  13. Arclite Well-Known Member

Your best chance is to hope they give you a double/triple pg token week. Find yourself a solid group with under 10 minute runs and start grinding.

Otherwise you will be doing the mind numbing solo zone over and over again....
  14. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

300 runs. Wow, you people are committed. Good Hunting.
  15. Kheldorm Active Member

Yes, click their profile, select "Ingore".

It is literally somewhere around 300 PG Solo runs per toon (at 18 marks per run) to equip all slots with the white and T4 proving ground adorns. The marks are account wide though, so you can run multiple toons to maximize the return. Once per week, there is a 20 mark bonus per toon.
    The 18 and 20 mark numbers are for all access, with the double reward tokens, so twice as long for F2P.
  16. Jhen Ro Active Member

Would have to get someone who has actually earned the items to chime in for #2, of course.... But a couple things on this how many pg runs bit is misleading.

1. They are not required, no matter what anyone says. Period.
    2. New orange adorns have been discoed as a result of doing the new Heroic Adven - I mean, Tradeskill achievements. Someone put a walkthrough in the Items forums, but basically there is a level 5 now. Yes, 5. And it does not ask for the 4 as a component. You can, as best I can tell, SKIP the PG adorns altogether.
    3. White adorns are better than PG white adorns also - once the book gets disco'ed, assuming same as beta. My time on beta was limited, but iirc, everything had better than PG versions.
    4. If you choose to go for the PG adorns now instead of waiting, there is no rule saying you have to do the solo. Most people did (including myself, geared up two toons fully this way with others getting stragglers), but doesn't mean can't do the group one.
    5. 300 runs do not, I think, account for the weekly quests you can do for bonus tokens. If you have several level 100 toons, use them to run the solos as well and get the weekly done before next Thursday roll over.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Xillean Well-Known Member

Click on someones name under their avatar and choose ignore and boom you'll never see anything they say again unless you chose to.

Which at this point is the only thing making most of the forums tolerable for me to read.
    Meneltel and Prissetta like this.
  18. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

You say 'they are not required', but aren't the PG adorns the difference between 14 Mill hps and 40 mill hps?

I've done about all I can think of at 105 and my pitiful 14mill hp ain't gonna cut it.
  19. Azian Well-Known Member

I just recently made several more rounds of weekly quests on my alts to finish up my main. I had been too lazy (sick of PGs) to get the forearm orange and had a number of whites at T1 yet. One of my friends said "no way I'm going back in there with new whites coming soon" though so you'll have to decide on your own. Technically, I still have a few whites at T2 or T3 but I'm comfortable enough with where I'm at now that I don't intend to do any more PG runs at this point.

You are right though, adding a bunch of nerve adorns even at T1 which is 12ish percent would help your max HP considerably. Just know that sooner rather than later, they will likely be upgraded and you may or may not consider the time to have been spent wisely in the meantime.
  20. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I can't wait for them to change the color of all the PG adorns to pink..with pink armor / jewels, with slightly higher stats than orange.... Then the 4k token grind can start again!
    wee