Has anyone harvested Shadebark?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by WhysperWynde, Dec 29, 2018.

1. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

My 110 Level Ogre Gorralok has been searching for Shadebark, which is supposed to be one of the rare harvests of the Shadoweave Bud. It's a ground hugging blue bud/bulb that appears randomly in the north of the Obulus Heights. At least that is what a guide at a forum said. I have not seen the Shadoweave Bud anywhere in the north of Obulus Heights but I'd really like to harvest it because it's very expensive on the market and I need it to make stained glass windows and platforms. Has anyone had any luck in finding this rare bud which only gives rare harvests? There were 5 other rare harvests listed coming from this same blue bud. Thanx.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

I've many times gotten Shadebark there. Use your harvest tracking skill and fly around OF and watch for Shadeweave Buds near the area where the goblins are, and that general area.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

You used to have to have Far Seas Harvesting Technique (first TS prestige point in the Far Seas tree) to see shadeweave buds.

You can track it with track harvestables.
    Laaw, Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The RNG is involved here, of course. It's possible to get a long streak that does not include the thing you want most.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

You are correct in that the buds are only found in and around Twark and the surrounding forest. The last few times I've been there, there have been three or four up at a time, which is a lot for those. As Finora said, you will not see them unless you have AA points in Far Seas Harvesting Technique.

Have you done the tradeskill questline in Kunark Ascending? As part of it you exchange your gathering goblin for your very own shadeweave bud, which you can put in your house and harvest once a day. You will get a rare every day, but it's RNG as to which one you get.
    Feara, WhysperWynde, Dude and 3 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Remind me: is it the Qho Pony or the Goblin that you got rares from? I know it's the Qho Pony that gave the option for holiday harvests (and I have to remember which ones I've sent out... "Your inventory is overflowing!" "Oh, crud, it's Frostfell [or Bristlebane's Day]... :-/"), but I can't remember which one does the rares. If it's the Goblin, it might be worth turning him in for a guaranteed harvest, even if it's only once daily, and I have an -- interesting -- relationship with RNGeezus. He's definitely not my friend. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

They both generate rares through ToT. However starting with KA you need to give up the goblin to get the houseplant for rares (and gain the harvest speed buff). The houseplant also gives you your choice of a bunch of PoP or CD harvests, to include a chance at rares.
    Feara, Dude, Finora and 4 others like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well that's cool. :)

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

The pony will only harvest rares if you've done the quests to a certain point though (if you can send him for holiday harvests, you can get rares if you send him for other stuff). I don't recall exactly which quest, but I want to say it's the one where you can to look for the Captain.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So eventually, both the Qho Pony (yeah, either the last or next-to-the-last Quo Quest) and the Original Goblin get rares...check. :)

Does the New Improved Shiny Bigger Prettier Pony Than Qho's do rares as well? :)

Uwk
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

He does everything the Qho one did plus he will harvest himself when you're out running around, if you run past a node he'll grab something every few minutes. Other than that and the illusion he's the same.
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! I may just have to check that out... :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes you can make your Qho pony pink/purple after completing a certain amount of the PoP TS line and he will grab stuff every 90 seconds from a node he is in range of.

After completing a certain portion of the CD TS line, you can make your pony look like a pack snail, he has little packages and stuff on his back and still does everything he could do before.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Yeah, I've seen the "pack snails" (as opposed to the racing snails [my apologies to anyone who's seen/read The Neverending Story...I know, I know, it's just the wind, or dust, or allergies, yeah? ;->]?); they're cute. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I wish the pack snail didn't list to the side. That makes me feel that the poor thing is overloaded, or has an unbalanced load, and I can't abide mistreating my pack beast. So I am still using the PoP pink version.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Glgh...did someone say there's a purple version somewhere...? :-/

Uwk
    who has one toon who might appreciate a pink one ;->
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope.. only pink :(
    My toons use the base pony appearance. None of them are the hot pink type...
  18. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Looks purple to me. I do have an old graphics card though
    Prox and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yep, there are racing snails too, just not ones we as players can have. But for some odd reason, I have the feeling that a racing snail mount will make an appearance before the BROOM MOUNT.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

[IMG]

You get the illusion and updated harvesting abilities as a reward during the Planes of Prophecy Tradeskill sig line, at the end of A Stitch in Time, Part III: From Birth to Tombs. The illusion is one part of the reward, the other is that the pony learns to automatically gather bonus resources from nearby harvest nodes as you wander around (once every 90 seconds).