Has anyone gotten an account back by /petition?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dorotea1, Apr 27, 2020.

1. dorotea1 New Member

I see quite a few references to people with the log-in issues creating or using other accounts to put /petitions in. I have yet to see anyone say this actually got the blocked account back into action. If it works I will try it myself - so far I haven't done that.

I know the developers are working on the issue now but other things being equal I would just as soon be playing while they do so. And not on a free play account with no expansions or DBC.
  2. dorotea1 New Member

Never mind they gave an ETA of an hour for a fix - I was only going to petition if it might takes days or longer.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

During one of the times when there were login problems I made a new account and filed a petition. I got a canned response because it turned out lots of other people were also having login problems. Making a new account, and submitting a petition will get you into the system. After you go through a series of robo replies you will eventually get an actual human response which might solve your problem.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Petitions do not go to the developers. They go to the customer service team, who may be working from home, I'm not sure. At any rate, in general there is no customer service available on weekends of American bank holidays.

It's worthwhile to use Discord, either as an app on an Android device, via your browser, or as a PC app. You may use it for no other purpose than to be able to login and see if a server is down or if a fix is in the works. Here's what Dreamweaver has said on the login issue:

[IMG]
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.