Has anyone else been experiencing High Packet Loss?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or is it just me? Da Spousal Unit really doesn't want to have to spring for a new, expensive router... :-/

Uwk
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I think the high ping times are externally related as I have seen them quite high on some evenings, normal on others;
    However, I can not extol enough the absolute quality of the Ubiquiti Edge Route X!!!
    True hardware router, isolated ports, etc, etc. super configurable! secure!
    This actual metal case router, which goes for ~$55.00 makes those... plastic box disposable routers,... not even worth the PCB they are made with.
    Been using this for well over a year, and with my current configuration to reduce buffer bloat, this router was able to dramatically improve my dslreport.com speed test results! went from F's and D's from the old router is used to use, to A's and B's with the Edge Router X !!
    https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-EdgeRouter-Advanced-Gigabit-Ethernet/dp/B00YFJT29C

also, do not be intimidated, there is a large amount of information on the web on all the ways this router can be configured.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Only High-Packet-of-Biscuits-Loss..... ;)

(you call them 'cookies')