Harvesting Tool Changes

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Frizznik, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Frizznik wrote:
    cool

btw shouldn't the level 80 be compact sumac harvesting Kit?
  2. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Aemm@Splitpaw wrote:
    I beg to differ with yoiu about the pack pony you can have the pack pony harvesting another tier so you can get stuff for your current toons level of crafting and any alts or help fill your personal or guilds harvest depots
  3. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

Will harvesting tools still have to be cast every now and again? Right now it's obvious when the buff has worn off and I recast the tool. But with the changes, there will be only a 0.5 sec difference between buff and no buff, which won't be noticable. In fact I wonder if it's even worth it to have the Sumac harvesting tool.
    Perhaps remove the need to cast the tools at all? Let us have them in our bags for the buff to activate? Especially that we now will have several other harvesting tools to worry about (and carry around).
  4. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

retro_guy wrote:
    You can right click the tool and choose to auto consume it, it will recast automatically whenever it runs out.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

tkia wrote:
    no thats not why. i have left rivervale when theres no dens and come back when its den galore and it still takes me 6-10 hrs of actual harvesting to get the meat. i wish that i could tell you how many rare pelts i have but i dont remember off-hand and im not logged in. you'll just have to trust me that its really high and its not bc the rare pelts are too common, its bc the meat is not common enough. rivervale is torture for the quest. i do not have the same problem in its counterpart, just rivervale.
  6. ARCHIVED-Liandra Guest

Eridu@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The shawl double harvest and the aa double harvest do stack (ie 27+15=42% chance). Grab ACT and go do some harvesting if you want to see for yourself.
    Witht the 13% chance on the lvl 80 tools that will put us at 55% chance. Quite nice.
  7. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

Frizznik wrote:
    Please tell me that this revamp includes allowing flying in Rivervale?
  8. ARCHIVED-Frizznik Guest

Eileah wrote:
    Yes.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tallithia Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Beagley Guest

Frizznik wrote:
    Yippee......

Thank you Friz
  11. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    I think Aemm is wanting a bonus to be given to their manual harvesting rather than the ability to tell the pony to buzz off and leave them alone while they harvest. Yes, the buzz off method results in different tier harvests, few harvests compared to what you would be able to get manually harvesting especially with your pony helping however it might.
  12. ARCHIVED-Sambril Guest

Frizznik wrote:
    Awesome, thanks! :)
    While you are looking at harvesting is there any chance that you could look at making fishing in the Fens less difficult for lowbie adventurers. The quest Bathezid's Watch: Food Foraging calls for 25 fish harvests which IMO makes it by far the hardest of the daily tasks.
    The fishing nodes are usually far from shore in deep water with a lot of aggro mobs that roam a lot. It is much harder to avoid mobs in water as you need to watch 3 dimensions. Meantime I see the graphic for fish shoals close to shore, except that they are not harvest nodes :( I have done this quest a few times on low level characters so I know it is not impossible, just very frustrating.
  13. ARCHIVED-Eridu Guest

I copied over my 32 Ranger/90 Woodworker to take a look at Rivervale on a lowbie and the compact kits. Are the new compact kits equipable by both Adventure and Tradeskill level? It made no mention in the finished product descriptions. Also for example the level required for the sumac compact kit showed as RED for the level 32 adventurer/90 Tradeskiller, though some things usable/equipable by either TS and Adventure level show as red sometimes. Before the changes the WW tools were Adventure only and the Tinkered tools Tradeskill only, is that something that's going to be kept or combined was wondering.
    Thank you again for these changes and welcome back to your stomping grounds of yore =)
  14. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Just logged my woodworker into live after the patch....

she only has the sumac recipe showing....

Where can she now get the other tiers? , she did have all the tiers for the older items already.

Update : NM....thought it went live already...it hasn't
  15. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

The Test update notes say, that you should be able to use the tinkered and Woodworker items at the same time, but I can only use either the Sumac Harvesting Kit or the Overclocked Automated Pickaxe, not both at the same time.
  16. ARCHIVED-Bkschrad Guest

Eridu@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I was wondering which changes you are speaking of? As far as I know, the WW tools have been usable by Adventure and Tradeskill almost since they came out (and before the whole Tinkering thing happened that gave us the prettier tools). They have also always shown red to my low adventure level tradeskillers.

Any way it works, though, I am looking forward to quicker harvesting on my little ones.