Harvesting Tool Changes

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Frizznik, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Frizznik Guest

The other thread was getting long, so I wanted to create a new one so folks could easily find the changes to them, and to let you know some new developments.
    Woodworker made tools are changing. There are no longer seperate tools for each harvesting type. There is now one tool at each tier that gives harvest time reduction and double harvest chance.
    • 20: Ash Harvesting Kit: 2% Double Harvest, .1 second reduction in all harvesting times.
    • 30: Briarwood Harvesting Kit: 4% Double Harvest, .2 second reduction in all harvesting times.
    • 40: Teak Harvesting Kit: 6% Double Harvest, .3 second reduction in all harvesting times.
    • 50: Sandalwood Harvesting Kit: 8% Double Harvest, .4 second reduction in all harvesting times.
    • 70: Redwood Harvesting Kit: 10% Double Harvest, .5 second reduction in all harvesting times.
    • 80: Compact Redwood Harvesting Kit: 13% Double Harvest, .5 second reduction in all harvesting times.
    If you have any of these tools, when you log on after this goes live, those tools will auto convert into the new Harvesting Kit. Woodworkers now only have one recipe to make the Kits rather than skill specific tools. The only writ to make tools was in the 70-79 range and I changed it to only ask for Kits rather than single tools.
    This makes these tools more convenient to carry around. Also because of this change it was possible to modify them so that they now stack with the Tinker made tools which give skill and harvesting time reduction.
    In other harvest related news:
    • Harvest nodes in Nektulos will respawn faster.
    • Harvesting in Rivervale has been completely revamped. Nodes now appear in certain areas (instead of on top of houses ). For example, gardens spawn on green grass or in the fields, stones appear near man-made structures, and dens appear near wolves or other den creating creatures. This zone should be much more harvestable for those who do not have any adventuring experience.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

That's all I got to say about that!
  3. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Very, very awesome!
    Quick question.. are the tinkered tools going to be 1 tool kit, too or are those going to remain 3 seperate items?
  4. ARCHIVED-SomeDude Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Whoot to the stacking with tinkered tools! All my girls are going to be so happy. One question though, is the double harvest chance from the tools going to stack with the bountiful harvest aa?
    Changes to Nektulos and Rivervale all I can say is yay! I hope it works out as good as that sounds.
  6. ARCHIVED-Eridu Guest

How does the WW tool's Double Harvest chance stack with those of the Prayer Shawl's and the Bountiful Harvest AA?
    Thank you for these changes. I do hope that attention remains on Harvesting itself a bit longer. The other thread had some very congent and beneficial ideas and raised hope that some ongoing, and some would say more pressing, issues might get looked at.
  7. ARCHIVED-CrazyHandsMatt Guest

Did you mean Sumac?
    Frizznik wrote:
  8. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

I've just found a test toon that is on part 3 of Gathering Obsession. When we get the heads up in the patch notes that these changes are in I'll take her out to test Nek :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Sounds good and I have 3 toons that still need cloaks so I will be testing it out too:)
  10. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Eridu@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It stated in the other thread that he expected all of them to stack.
  11. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

Either the tools need more reduction, or tradeskill armor/quest rewards* need casting speed - so that everyone can ultimately reach the cap.
    You should also add what the different levels of tinkered tools now do to your original post.
    *the pack pony has no use if you're actually harvesting manually - how about adding some stats/harvesting time reduction to it when it's summoned.
    *look at far-seas/othmir tradeskill armor, mara rewards and other crafted tradeskill items, see if casting speed can be added.
  12. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

Aemm@Splitpaw wrote:
    At the very least, the pack pony should give bonus to double harvest if summoned while harvesting. The thing can go out and harvest on its own. You mean to tell me that if I take it harvseting with me its not going to help? hehe Lazy pony!!!
  13. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

I like the changes, new characters won't feel sluggish to harvest, I'm not sure about losing the different types of harvesting tool, I guess since I'm not a woodworker I'm happy with it but I'd leave that to woodworkers to comment on (although since we no longer get bonuses for pristines the number of recipes is no longer a benefit to woodworkers).
    Perhaps though to keep the damand for the tools on the market the same the tools duration should now be 2-3 days rather then 10 (since we would have had to use 4 different tools in the past), not a big deal though.
    The one concern I have is that the +double chance is a tad too generous, maybe 1 to 1.5% per a 20 level band could be better since its a bonus that currently caps and is always good to have, just thinking of the future and making sure the 100+ level tools have space to grow in.

All in all though I like the changes, they definitely address many of the shortcomings of the harvesting game and look well balanced.
  14. ARCHIVED-Eridu Guest

Seiffil@Permafrost wrote:
    He mentioned putting in a UI Display for the value but didn't say how the bonuses stack or interact with one another. From a thread on this very question the current player guess-consensus is that the bonuses are polled separately, in succession. A Dev had not responded with an explicit answer in that thread.
    Things work oddly in the game. For example the Wantia Tool Charm not only doesn't stack with the Bathezid Master Cloak, the Charm (which has a lower bonus) overwites the Master Cloak's bonus if both are worn, irregardless of which order they might have been equiped.
    I just figure this would be a good time to hear from a red name, how the double pull percentages are intended to interact AND how they actually do interact with one another.
  15. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

If you haven't tl:dr'd this one too I would like to again put in a request for extended range on harvesting tools, or give me an AA or item, anything would help.
  16. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

Eileah wrote:
    Extended range would definately be something that would be nice to recieve via an AA tree or quested item.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Frizznik wrote:
    really? so its no longer going to be torture to do a gathering obsession in rivervale? did you fix the dens to give the meat and not just the pelts? (i.e., it gives the meat but so rare that i end up with tons of rare pelts. the harvest % for meat is way too low.) did you fix the shrubs to give out every type of harvest, too, and not one primary, one secondary and the rest rarely? i've done a gathering obsession in rivervale 11 times now and it is the *WORST* zone ever for that quest. so if it is not too late, pls fix the harvest % so it no longer takes 6-10hrs to complete that part of the quest. i always wait until i am level 50 TS to harvest in there and my skills are maxed long before a gathering obsession is done for the shrubs & dens.
    dens appearing near wolves concerns me bc the wolves are always in packs. if i'm level 20 adventurer and the wolves are aggro, will i have to give up on harvesting?
  18. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Yeah, be careful having the dens near the wolves. The dens take the longest and low level crafters are going to be dog chow.
    I don't know if it is feasible, but it would be nice if you separated meat from pelts. Maybe you could put campfires around that we "steal" meat from.
  19. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

The meat to pelt ratio is fine as it is. The only reason it's such an issue on the harvesting quest is because the dens are so hard to find in the first place. Changing the parameters of all dens in the game just to ease a single quest in a couple of zones would be foolish. It was already changed to its current configuration for a very good reason.
  20. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Frizznik wrote:
    Based on what he said there I'd assume there will be dens in spots that will be made easily accessible by low level adventurers.