harvesting question?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ratza, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Ratza Well-Known Member

How do you harvest while still flying? I see this being done but when I try I have to be on the ground not still in mid-air.
  2. Kethryl Active Member

I'm not aware of an ability to do normal harvesting in the air.

That said, there are:

- Quests that allow/require you to click on something while flying
    - Shinies in the air that allow/require you to "fly through" them in order to collect them
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Easiest way is to create a macro that target's the nearest npc (by nearest npc, I mean node).

/target_nearest_npc
    /use

then use macro to target/harvest.

When I try to harvest while flying and not using the macro I end up fiddling with the hand/distance. No fiddling when macro is used.

In addition, if you want the macro to also harvest shinies, you must add a third line to your macro and add the collecting ability.

We've been able to harvest while flying since ToT was introduced. Now that said... I've not checked lower level tiers (but omw now to check lol). For ToT you can definitely fly and harvest. :)

EDIT to add: I've just tried CL, Enchanted Lands and Loping Plains - all allowed me to fly/harvest. I'd guess all zones allow it and not just ToT/OF. I also remembered that I'd tried Feerrott a long time ago as that zone is troublesome for the shinies that spawn up on the palm trees/unreachable spots.
    Alioha and Ratza like this.
  4. Kethryl Active Member

And you learn something new every day!
  5. Evilnok Active Member

you can harvest while flying,just no collecting shinies via ground while flying
  6. Evilnok Active Member

can also just spam F key to harvest/collect shinies instead of using the mouse lol which TBH is much much more better and faster that way
    Shmogre likes this.
  7. Ratza Well-Known Member

Thanks so much. And I agree....you learn something new every day. :)
  8. Alioha Member

9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

not sure how to copy just your part of the reply

That is how I used to have my macro. It's a user preference, /use is cleaner, but both ways work. The old macro had many lines/abilities, my macro has three lines. Again, both work. :)