Harvesting Macro for the New Macro System

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Ripchi, Mar 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-dartie Guest

[p]I decided to bump this because I thought Cold Metal hadn't seen it, but I guess he did, since he posted in it.[/p][p]Nevertheless, I think these instructions are fantastically useful to new harvesters/tradeskillers, and I would like to request that they be stickied. [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Great advice!

To those who ask why, I have all nine tradeskills and keeping them supplied with harvestables for each tier actually takes me more time than getting the level to outgrow that tier!

However you missed on item on the macro... add collecting, and grab shineys as you harvest!
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

o_O I just mouse over and hit "F"
  4. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Things have changed a bit since this was first posted.
    Along with RoK came a change to harvesting tools. You no longer need to equip them to receive the benificial effect! (assuming it doesn't bug after you zone. If that happens just equip them real fast and replace with your normal charm slot items to refresh the buff.)
    So if you want to use these macros, just drop the tools.
  5. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

I have two macros now: - One with all the harvesting skills. - One to equip all tools sequentially with the real charm item at the end. The only thing that doesn't work is to queue the next ability, but it is still faster then "the f method", cause you don't need to hover your mouse over the right position. (especially annoying with dens ;))
  6. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Someone suggested we ask for the ability to use the tools without equipping them. With the tinker automated tools, we have that ability. If you have them in inventory they will benefit harvesting even if not equipped. However, if you die, you need to equip them all once and then unequip them and put back your normal charm. I have a macro to do this. It needs only be clicked when I revive.
    Someone else mentioned getting a bank message while trying to use one of these macros. That is a problem with macros in general. If you try to equip something and you have copies in your bank you will get that message, even if you also have copies in your inventory.
    Since ROK made equipping of the automated tools optional, I have had no need for a harvesting macro. There are a few levels of the tools, starting about T3, with the highest for T7.
  7. ARCHIVED-miramis82 Guest

I have harvesting macros but they are just simple things that save me a click for each node, not because I'm lazy but because sometimes my wrist hurts and one click less per node can really help with the amount of harvesting I do. The macro doesn't equip the tools since I use the tinkered versions and there is no need now thank goodness.
  8. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    the woodworker tools don't have to be equipped now either, YEAH!
    i just roll up to a node and put mouse on it and hit 'f', harvested, and if u don't move u can keep pushing 'f' until node is gone.
    Although when fighting for nodes, it seems to me that the tinkered 2.5 seconds less tool is 'faster' than the woodworker 2.5 second tool. /shrug
  9. ARCHIVED-IcterusGalbula Guest

I've never written a macro before, but I saw this thread and decided to try it.
    First things first. Somebody had to tell me to press "o" to open the screen allowing access to macros.
    I first tried just mining and did not add other harvesting icons to the macro. Then I put the EQ icon corresponding to the macro into my hotbar slot corresponding to the number 6.
    Then I found I could wander up to an ore node and press "6" and my toon would select that ore node and harvest it ONCE. If I wanted to harvest the node three times I had to press "6" three times. Is that how it is supposed to work? Or is the macro supposed to harvest the node three times by just pressing "6" once?
    I tried repeating the steps in the macro three times to see if that would harvest the node three times with one click, but it still only harvested the node once.

It is faster as is than the purely manual method, but it would be a lot nicer if it harvested the node three times with just one click.
    Thanks for any advice.
  10. ARCHIVED-miramis82 Guest

Hi IcterusGalbula,

You can only get it to make 2 attempts at the node, that's just the way they made the macros work sadly.

Add 2 of the mining ones into the spell/ability things, this will make it harvest twice. It won't work if you add any more abilities than that, it's different with commands though.

I think the reason it works when you press '6' is because that is the corresponding hotkey for that part of your hotbar.
  11. ARCHIVED-IcterusGalbula Guest

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried adding the fishing ability icon into the macro two times in a row, but it still only makes one fish harvest attempt per click.
    However, I now have all 5 harvest abilities in the macro and it works with all of them. I've also found that if I press "6" when the current harvest attempt is about 90% done the next harvest attempt will begin immediately after the current one is finished.
    For some reason my hex doll is not replaced when the harvest attempt is finished, but that is okay.

All-in-all this macro appears to be a significant time-saver.
  12. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Umm....am I missing something here? In my recent experience so long as you have attuned the tools you no longer have to equip them to gain their benefit. That is ALL the tools.
    What is the point of macros now?
  13. ARCHIVED-pebyr Guest

Out of curiosity, I got this to work, fine. Just it would be nice to get rid of the error messages. Say if i'm standing next to a log, my toon gets out the axe, and starts chopping fine, but not before i get several messages saying, i can't mine it, or i can't gather it, etc. I can deal with it, but curios, if there's a command to turn that kind of error checking on and off.
  14. ARCHIVED-Prodigus Guest

While you dont need to have the tools equipped anymore, you could instead have it equip your EoTS or other bonus harvesting items (I think DWB from Unrest also have bonus stats).
  15. ARCHIVED-Zwildstar Guest

It did not work quite as I thought. All the harvest buffs became permament and I do not have to double-click the nodes anymore, since as soon as I selected them I started harvesting.

Oh well, I guess the end results is what I want.
  16. ARCHIVED-Miladian Guest

Holy necro posting Batman.
  17. ARCHIVED-donilla Guest

For me, the best reason to use the macro is for the target node bit at the start. Whatever else it may do, it saves your having to move your hand to mouse, moving the mouse till you get the hand and then clicking. As a keyboard player, this is HUGE for me :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Just pointing out that some minor changes happened to the macro system with this week's GU (see Rothgar's post here). I don't think it will affect macros made the way this post discusses, but it does seem to affect "old style" macros (i.e. ones listing several commands in one line, separated by semicolons). Just a heads up about the change so you can switch over to the new style if needed!
  19. ARCHIVED-Mendou Guest

Linky no worky
  20. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Mezzmyrelda@Unrest wrote:
    Worked for me