Harvesting Items

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Mercychalice, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

So, looking at the Nail of Harvests, I noticed it goes on leg slots. However, upon further thought and research, I realized, we have harvesting charms, gi, now a helm, workboots, a ring, an earring, a belt, and a shawl. But we have no pants! And no shoulder, hands or bracelets for harvesting! I mean, I can fake it, and designate a junk piece of gear towards this, but it would be super nice to have a full set of harvesting bonuses from a full set of gear We're just four tems short of a full set. :) (Throwing out the ideas here!!!)
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

hmmm....maybe 5, no forearms....bummer...
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I could see them maybe ignoring the "little stuff," but no legs is a serious omission, imho. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I had some extensive feedback on harvesting nails during Beta. This is what I recommended:

Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, essentially, Nails are like adornments? I'm so confused... :-/

And are they from this brand new expansion or the one before? Still haven't really checked that one out yet, but then I just got it fairly recently. ;->

Uwk
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are Planar Nails from the Guk collection, and Celestial Nails for this expansion.
  7. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Honestly, for a crafter with max stats, there is no reason whatsoever to have additional stats for things like critical success or tailoring, fletching, gathering, fishing , etc. The only worthwhile stats are for bountiful harvest and rare harvest. As a 110 woodworker, i can make everything someone at the same level with all the nails and gear can. No exceptions. End of story. Can argue all you want against it but it won't make it any less true.

And just an added note.....why oh why do they keep putting xp gain stats on items only useable by Max crafters???
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The higher your stats are, the more likely you are to get a blessed crafting event that does not consume materials. The higher your harvesting stats are, the more likely you are to get rares. I don't think the mechanics are transparent enough to know when the gains playeau out. It would have to be empirically tested over a large number of combines/gathers.