Harvesting change or RNG love ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-JesDer, Aug 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-StormCinder Guest

[p] [/p][p]All of this commotion and, as far as I can tell from Dev notes, there was no tinkering with the "rng." My impressions from FF seem to confirm that the impact of any supposed rng is miniscule when compared with the number and influence of known variables. Continual tinkering with those variables will undoubtedly lead to a different subgroup becoming disgruntled.[/p][p]"streakiness" is still a myth. It's like "luck." "Luck" is simply a combination of skill and organization.[/p][p]And, as the old saying goes: "I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." --various attributions.[/p][p]SC[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Jolissa Guest

[p]Totally off topic.[/p][p]It started with Oh evil Tradeskill Empress[/p][p]It has now changed to the Dark Empress [/p][p]Domino, I think you should change your signature and rightfully claim your title. We really do love you .........[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Eh, ti's that streakiness that let's people come up with astounding coincidences about how patting your head while using your left hand to mouse-click gets you more Insights and odd observations about how at 3am GMT you can get more rares in Zek. Conspiracy Theory FTW!
  4. ARCHIVED-melaine_dvarvensplitter Guest

HAHAHAHA!! But the RNG is extremely streaky. I found it out today. I harvested all tiers and found about 10 rares total for the day upto this point. *Hopes to get a few more before bed in 2hrs.*
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

/kicks the RNG I've gotten perhaps six rares total since I got back from Fan Faire.
  6. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

Calthine wrote:
    It was that way for me on Saturday. It seems tier-related, I get fewer rares (4-6 an hour) in my current harvest tier (skill 295, high end of T6) and more in lower tiers (8-10 an hour in T5, 10-12 an hour in T4 and lower). And of course there's a heavy bias towards roots, wood and pelts (in roughly descending order, and those three make up 50-75% of my take).
  8. ARCHIVED-Seraki Guest

[p]I got a few luckies and then dry from then on in teir 4 and nothing in teir 5 at all. About 3 hours in each.[/p][p] [/p][p]I really really wish the rocks vs mineral rate would balance. Its really frustrating that priest types that use rock to get their ad 3 spells made have a much easier time of it than mages who need mineral. Better yet I really wish the whole seperation thing had never happend. I sighed with sadness when I came back to game and found I couldnt make any spell with ether one. [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Juddge Guest

What are the promised changes?
  10. ARCHIVED-Betty Guest

I know the random number generator (or the rolling program or whatever) can be streaky, but when I spend 4 hours harvesting in TT on the stone and wood island (not to mention fighting off the HORDE of farmer players named Amsdzkdjj and Zdfkccaaaw) I get 7 moon stone and zero, I mean ZERO wood rares, there is a problem. Yes I can sell the moon stones and buy the wood rares, but the conversion rate is not 1 to 1, and I loose alot of money that way. Take a moment and check the prices on AB AH for Ebony wood and the Moonstones and you will get a more clear understanding. (roughly 25g for the Moonstone, and 50g+ for the Ebony, average).
    Yes, some rares can and probably should be more rare then others. Yes, the system is streaky, and yes luck comes into play. However, given enough time at the given task of harvesting, the net result should NEVER, EVER be zero.
    Your system is broken. And no, this is not just one isolated incident, this is over time and quite a few harvest sessions.