Harvester please read.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lacidious, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

The BEST way to ruin the economy in IMO. Isn't harvesting a way of playing the game? Don't people make money by harvesting so they can buy other goodies in the games? What were they thinking? DOH!
  2. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Jeepned2 wrote:
    QFE......totally agree!
  3. ARCHIVED-Skywarrior Guest

Jeepned2 wrote:
    Well, of course many players are too lazy to go harvest for themselves. This is why there is a market on the broker in the first place. Perhaps we should just remove the broker altogether? That way SOE can simply remove yet another tool that caters to the lazy.
    Of course, one player's laziness is another player's lack of time and still another player's sheer boredom and probably another player's ineptness. But you get my drift. This is not a gamebreaking issue here. It's a convenience that will have to be paid for by the guild using it, probably more than it is really worth. If it does cause an adjustment in any given harvestable price then chances are that harvestable was overpriced anyway.
    As to the most of the rest of the gripes about the harvest NPC, like everything else in the guildhall release, it is part of the big money sump effort. Make no mistake, the guildhall patch is going to take a LOT of plat out of the game ... not shift it from one player to another ... out of the game. Do you think prices on the broker are going to remain unaffected? The affect of this particular amenity is going to be trivial in comparison, if it is even noticed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nemisiis Guest

Not knowing specifics, I am not sure how I like it or not. HOWEVER, it should NOT NOT NOT be allowed to return rares. That's like sending a bot into a dungeon to bring back fabled. Rares should remain ONLY in actual nodes out in the field. Otherwise, this turns into: hey big raiding guilds! here's some free rares for ya! Put em on the broker and get even more rich off of the people who can't afford to have what you do! sheesh
  5. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

To me, the issue is not about the "player economy", or the effect this will have on my money-making. It's not about whether or not the thing can harvest rares for you.
    It's the fact that it's a bot. & yes, so is the Burynai pet, & I don't like it, either. I don't like the precedent this might set. I think, overall, it's a bad idea that should be removed.
  6. ARCHIVED-jackbytor Guest

Hmm... According to this page:

"One of the new AA lines will be Tradeskill Harvesting. Will increase items harvested per node."
    If this is true then I feel a bit better about the "Harvesting bots" It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth though.
  7. ARCHIVED-jasonluke Guest

well, i for one think its a rather nice idea. and to the *the sky is falling crowd* we know zero details about how the mechanic will work, lets not freak out :) I'm sure these harvesters will be so expensive to buy in the first place that this really wont be an issue.
    We survived the shiney pet, harvesters will make zero diference.
  8. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Wreatch@Nagafen wrote:
    You and I both know the people doing that would do that are the harvest bots you are already dealing with, and as they can get FAR MORE then 300 wood every 2 hours, I seriously doupt they will bot the NPC, espcally when it cost them atleast 105p+ 500,000 status, + 1p10g (and status) Mantainance just to keep it running, and again if they go with the Harvest NPC that means they can't go with say the Guild Hall Writ giver, or the Guild Hall Banker, or the Guild Hall Fuel Seller, or Guild Harvestable Vault, or the Stratigic Advisor(that gives guilds a Flag they can place in the contested part of the world that lasts 2 hours, and alows the guild to port to that flag). I doupt many guild will even have this NPC when they could have ones that are much more usful.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dread Quixadhal Guest

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!!
    Do you people even READ anything before chiming in with your doom and threats to quit? I got an extra good chuckle over the woman who threatened to cancel her 3 accounts and both of her boyfriend's accounts. Way to support his ability to think for himself... you go girl!

This "bot" will harvest a whopping 17 nodes PER HOUR (100 pulls (or 33 nodes) in two hours). If you would pause and take a pull from your oxygen tank for a moment... that's 1 node every 4 minutes. To make that even more unfair, each guild can only have ONE bot going at a time.

Are you telling me you guys are seriously threatened by guilds being able to harvest ONE node every FOUR minutes, even if it is around the clock? Seriously????

To me, that says the "harvesters" of EQ2 must only click the button during the commercials... since I can't imagine anyone actually walking around harvesting being that slow.

The way I see it, 408 nodes per day is probably about the rate that a single player harvests... given that a human will probably only harvest for a couple of hours a day. So scripting a bot to run 24/7 means a guild with 200 people could harvest like a guild with 201 people. Oooooo, scary!
  10. ARCHIVED-Balbasur Guest

Dread Quixadhal wrote:
    hahahahahahahhzahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahah u noobs just got pwnd hahahahahahahahah

p.s i also thought the girl that would cancle all her crapy accounts was funny
  11. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Dread Quixadhal wrote:
    And let us not forget if they are willing to script a bot that keeps the harvester running 24/7 then why wouldn't they be willing to just script a harvest bot, and harvest all nodes FAR faster.
  12. ARCHIVED-Izzypop Guest

The entire guild will be running in and out of the guild hall Figure everybody in a large guild will click the harvester when they can for a goot 10 times a day That's 10 out of a possible 12 clicks with 4 wasted hours of harvest time. 10 clicks a day=1,000 pulls=333 nodes a day 10 large guilds per server with a harvester=10,000 pullsa day=3,333 nodes a day per server 10 large guilds on a server over a month=300,000 pulls a month =99,999 nodes a month per server 300k pulls/100k nodes a month per server...what will that do to the market? If they pull rares figure every single one will be doing rocks, and the price of rares will fall sink like a rock. My 2 coppers: I play on a red server. Harvesters die for their nodes. Gank squads with tracking check every good harvest spot for harvesters on a regular basis. Harvesting nodes isn't free, it's paid for in harvester blood. Harvesting takes a lot of skill on a red server if you want to do so and stay alive. I'm against this idea on red servers.
  13. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Izzypop wrote:
    Also you can only harvest from 1 tier at a time too, there are tons of limitations to this NPC so many that it can't possably have that big an influance.
  14. ARCHIVED-Izzypop Guest

100 harvester bot clicks a day is a very conservative estimate.
    That's 10 very busy guilds clicking 10 times a day
    or 5 very busy guilds plus 10 half as busy guilds clicking 5 times a day
    15 guilds on a server (5 busy plus 10 not as busy) buying a guildhouse is a conservative estimate

300,000 pulls a month/100,000 nodes a month is a huge influence if rares are also pulled.
    300,000 pulls worth of rares a month will foprever change the rares market.
    If rares can be pulled you can bet everybody will go for Tynonium, Fire Emeralds, and Silicate Loams.
    It's not like any end game player will send the bots out to harvest tier 2 for severed bone.
    They are going to harvest expensive rares like madmen to try to recover some of the costs of building that guildhouse

If rares are not pulled then this is not that big of a deal.
    Paying the harvester bot will cost money.
    Most common raw mats are dirt cheap, this would just fill in any gap that harveters miss like fish.
  15. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

tikasa wrote:
    Both of these statements are total BS.
    There has not been a time in this game where 1k plat would be able to be spent on gear useful for raiding for a single character, unless you are having that character locked out of instances you would want to run.
    For most of T7, on the 6 servers I had characters on at the time, where was usually not more than 500p worth of raid gear in total on the broker. In T6 there was practically none, and in T5 there was less than 100p total.
    In T8, unless you are paying another guild to get a mythical update for a character (in which case I would not consider your guild a raid guild), the only raid gear that is able to be sold (again, assuming you want to use those characters for raiding and not have them locked out) is the legendary drops off of the Domini. if you are spending 1k plat to get a character equipped from that gear, all I can say is lol.
    As to the 30k plat in your alt guild, this is something that although I am not able to provide details of, I am 100% certian this is not true. I am aware what guild in this game has the largest amount of coin in their bank, and am aware of all guilds with 5 figure sums in their bank (there are very very few of them). Non of these guilds could be considered "alt" guilds.
    Basically, nothing you say has any merrit anymore.
  16. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Izzypop wrote:
    Most guilds do not have players on 24/7, which would be needed in order to fit the numbers you have here.
    In reality, most guilds would use this 2 maybe 3 times a day max. It basically saves an hour of harvesting a day so we can go off and do more fun things.
  17. ARCHIVED-tikasa Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Then you are quite misinformed. I had well over 500 plat before the FIRST expanision from makeing and selling WORTS and the dust byproduct back to the NPC. All of the early lvl 50 Alcems that wanted to be rich are. gosh I also had a lvl 50 Provisioner and they had the tradskill writ that made it easy to virtually manufacture plat...... 3 years later it is not to tough to turn that into alot more. Gee from 70 to 80 doing the quests I made 100+ plat on each of the 4 accounts I boxed at 1 time ... guess what? I went through them 3 times. It is very easy to make 50 plat a day with rares, crafting and shinys each day ...
    You are rather dumb and VERY ELITIST in your attitudes. The 1K plat was an example. The guild would buy all of the Masters the char needed to get Mastered out without blinking... If you think that raiding gear can be bought well then you are even more misinformed then I previously thought... And I never ONCE stated the gear was for me ... LEARN TO READ

Gosh on the same post I said I had 2 of my own guilds.... guess I forgot 1 s on that sentance you picked out.. But you have more important things to do besides harvesting ...
  18. ARCHIVED-o0odangergirlo0 Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Absurd... How about bot raiding? (being sarcastic) For those of us that can't raid for some reason or another and sit and whine about how we want it all so give it to us. Who actually comes up with ideas like this? What does it take to make things happen on a even keel around this place? I know a lot of folks that really enjoy harvesting/crafting, and soley play the game for it. Whether it's a busy life style or a disability. Nothing like destroying game content.
    I say stop catering to the whiners who want everything given to them, Make and add changes not based on whats posted here or who is saying what in your irc channel (if applicable) but even surveys for god's sake.
  19. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Dread Quixadhal wrote:
    It's a bot, no quotation marks needed. Disputing that would be pointless & silly, since it is what it is.
    That's what bothers me; that, & the number of people who are praising SOE for creating a hireable bot. All the complaints about ruining the economy & so forth are nonsense, compared to this ONE issue that almost nobody else has really talked about. People keep dancing around the fringes of the issue, without actually touching on it, because apparently some people don't want to come right out & say they support botting of any sort, to any extent, for any purpose at all.
  20. ARCHIVED-tikasa Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    Amen! Say no to BOTS! Principle alone makes this a bad move.