Harvester please read.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lacidious, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Thoronve@Kithicor wrote:
    Best quote about EQ2 ever!
  2. ARCHIVED-tikasa Guest

Noaani wrote:

And your point is? I used to be part of a very big guild. We had 2 lvl 70 branches and dropping 1000 plat to get a new raider equiped was not even discused because it is trivial. I have more then 30K plat in my guild bank that the only members are my alts. 1.7K plat is nothing to me nor most of the top end raiding guilds.
    I do not want the BOT. A friend of mine was banned for botting crafting while she was at the computer. When the CS reps found out from the GM she was at the desk talking in guild they reinstated the account... SoE has taken a harsh stand on some Botters yet let the auto harvest bots run free.... now they are going to put one in the game? Can we say Hypocryt? ( not that I can spell it )
    I do not harvest anymore for any of my crafters, and this BOT still $$$#%^$&@#!$ me off royally.
    And no I am not one that thinks the new people should have it as tough as those who started from day 1. Actually it is the new people that are starting out that changes like this hurts more. I have my own personal guild on 2 servers that could get this. It is just wrong to have in the game on pure principle.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

wullailhuit wrote:
    Yeah, calm down everyone. We actually have something similar to this in place for those who don't want to harvest, it's called the broker.
    Your guild probably has to pay to have this npc available in the house. You probably have to pay for ever harvest session you get.
  4. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Thoronve@Kithicor wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-simpwrx02 Guest

Noaani wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHHAHA
  6. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

tikasa wrote:
    It is 100 plat for the smallest guild hall + 1p and 100,000 status per week maintaince, then you can buy the NPC at atleast 5p + 500,000 status, oh and lets not forget even at level 70 you can't get all the NPCs and some are FAR better then this one. All that to get 300 wood, 300 Roots, 150 Soft Metal, 150 Hard Metal, 150 Stone, 150 Loam, 150 pelts and 150 meat, after waiting 10 hours, hardly an easy button.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Yeah the Badger ruins takes the jobs of all the sniny farmers, oh wait no it doesn't.

I have made a fortune since RoK came out on shinys.

This harvest bot is not going to effect the economy.

Stop crying like a bunch of spoilt brats.
  8. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

Kerane wrote:
    Yup, you will still buy a fair deal of them. Guess who you are buying them from? You are buying them from people who stuff fertilizer down the burynai throat on an industrial scale.
    I see a trend here though. SoE has decided in their infinite wisdom, to destroy their own game. Instead of adding game play elements they are removing them one step at a time. Folks used to hunt shinies. No need to anymore. Folks used to harvest. Soon to be no need any more also. Now all we need is an instance bot who can run these dreadful instances for us and we will not need to actually play at all. Just log in occassionally to dispatch the bots on their merry way. Quite the brain trust at SoE.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Probably funnier on PvE servers.

On the PvP servers however, an aspect of the Risk that draws us to such servers will be removed with this implementation. No longer will harvesters have to watch over their shoulders for the enemy. Now they can sit comfortably in their guild hall, sipping Frostbites and collecting mats.

I enjoy harvesting so much because while I'm out there, I'm not just dodging predictible mobs. I'm using covert skills to avoid enemy players. Yes.. I used the word. Skill.

My feedback on this when it hits the Test Servers will certainly be a suggestion to turn off this feature on the PvP servers.
  10. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

Kizee wrote:
    I have seen this rationalization many times before. What you fail to realize is that people are out there harvesting this stuff because they can make a good buck doing it. If they have to sell at what you might deem a "reasonable price" they will not be out there harvesting. This is not a real life situation. Folks do not have to go out to harvest to put food in their kids mouth. Remove the high profitability and there will be very few harvesting. Get it? If you deem the price too high, go out and harvest your own. Apparently it is not worth your time to do it but someone else should spend their time for you at a "reasonable price".
    Name a resource and what you deem to be a reasonable price. I will then ask you to go out and harvest it for me at that price. Will you do it? If not, why should some go do it for you.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

Odds are a) this bot will not return rares, b) doesn't hit actual nodes so normal gameplay isn't effected, c) might not even give you smoldering materials....

So is harvesting destroyed? I don't think so espically if it doesn't get the material and rares. If it gets both of them, then it will definatly have a bigger impact. Personally I can think of a few tiers on my armorer that this bot would have been good but otherwise it really wouldn't have helped me worth diddly. This bot can't make my ts vitiality increase any faster and as it was I was normally waiting on that anyways.

edit:
    Oh I forgot to add

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-Liandra Guest

I dont see what the issue is here. It takes a couple of hours to harvest 33 nodes (100 pulls) of ONE specific type and tier.
    I dont know about you guys, but i can harvest A LOT more than 33 nodes in a couple of hours. And also when I go out I am after all the nodes. The raws/rares i dont use personally, one of my alts will.
    Besides, you generally need more than one harvest type to make anything. So that means waiting at least 4 hours before the harvest bot provides you with the materials to make a item needing 2 types of raws.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kerane Guest

Qandor wrote:
    Ummmm, do you even HAVE a burinai?
    I do, and i feed all of the fertilizer stuff i get, and even some i buy at the broker to the pet. All i end up with is a load of old world, low tier shinies, and maybe a handfull of rare shinies that i immediatly eat or hand down to one of my 11 alts. The higher tier shinies and rare shinies i get from my burinai are so few and far between, that i still end up buying most on the broker.
    The lower tier shinies that i get, i sell on the broker for a few silver, or a few gold if im lucky. The burinai does NOT let you flood the market with expensive shinies.
    Most of the shinies you will find on the broker today, are still from people who farm them themselves.
    So please take a deep breath, remove your tinfoil hat and just enjoy the game.
  14. ARCHIVED-Thoronve Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Of course, as a player it doesn't take much skill - if you're of an appropriate level. There is a skill involved in GETTING to the resource however - when was the last time you saw a level 1 adventurer AND tradeskiller harvesting in Jarsath Wastes for example?
    What I MEANT was that to harvest a zone your harvesting skill has to be a certain level. I don't see any mechanics in game where npcs can increase their levels by repeating an action.
    It's possible (not likely, but possible) that SOE would allow the npc to harvest from any zone - so a level 1 with low harvesting skill can still obtain high tier resources.
    I still think it's a bad idea, but if SOE go ahead with this, I hope that at least the npc is restricted to the skill level of the player that creates the npc. Having said that many people in guilds who can afford the Halls are probably 80/80 anyway...
    -Thoronve-
  15. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Wreatch@Nagafen wrote:
    My reaction is that harvesting will cease to become a valid means of making plats.
    Rares......ok more rares might mean prices will drop through the floor. On the other hand if guilds use them in house to supply mastercrafted stuff then tradeskills will also cease to be moneymakers.
    Personally I think that this might end up being a very bad idea. What is going to happen is that the rich guilds will get richer and the rest will become comparatively poorer. Only those who can afford the halls straight away will benefit as money will become very tight with this scenario
    and it will become very difficult for newcomers to break into this exclusive club.
    I'll wait and see but I'm not optimistic.
    My reaction
  16. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Thoronve@Kithicor wrote:
    Well I don't think they should get Rares or Materials from the Harvesting Bot. Also I think it should have a lock out timers on it - like at least 24 hours.
    I am hoping when the developers read all the negative feelings about a harvesing bot that they rethink the whole idea and scrap it.
    At least for bots -- EQ I has a better idea -- Mercenaries. Much better idea than a harvesting bot.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lacidious Guest

Liandra wrote:
    You and I both know that there will be macro's set up to be harvesting 24 7, when folks are asleep, they will just leave the macro running waking up to tons of new mats. It will have an effect, and you know it.

10-20-maybe 30 guilds all harvesting 24/7 will have an impact.
  18. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Maroger wrote:
    I thought it was quite funny when Smed announced that SOE was going to bring EQ1 back to "old school" experiences, then announces that they are introducing npcs to help people to solo.....Yeah.....that was the original experience. ROFL
  19. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

I don't even think you can specify which node it harvests from. Per the write-up:

"The harvesting NPCs will be of a specific type (miner, gatherer, etc.), and you can tell them to go out and harvest for a certain tier of resources. In a couple hours, you can then check back in with him and get the results of 100 random pulls from the proper node type."

So the NPC determines the type of nodes, and you determine the tier. But wouldn't the miner NPC end up harvesting both ore and rock nodes for whichever tier you ask? Or the gatherer harvest both roots and bushes?

If I'm reading that right, it means at the end of two hours you're not looking at 150 hard metal and 150 loam, but maybe 75 of each plus 75 each of gems and soft metals. Or 150 roots and 40ish of food harvests. Only one guaranteed to come back with one specific resource is the forester - everything else either has multiple nodes that use that skill, or multiple harvests from that node.

Hardly a game-breaking amount of resources gained for a 2hr wait.

Its a suppliment, that's all. For those who buy resources off the broker, they'll be able to get a lot more mats off the broker every week for the same cost of keeping this guy up - and without costing status. For those who harvest their own mats, this thing is a heck of a lot slower than doing it themselves. So at best it's a bit of an add-on, not even enough to support one crafter, much less a guild full of them.

Seems to me last year when people were making guild hall wish lists, some sort of harvester or garden room where harvests could be grown were a fairly big request. I, for one, am glad to see it coming - but I certainly won't stop my weekly strip-mining of Cove of Decay because it's here.
  20. ARCHIVED-Jeepned2 Guest

Ok...took awhile to read what has been posted so far. And here is my two cents, This is absolutely one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard of !!!. And since they are going to do this for us, because I guess some are too lazy to go farm for themselves.... I have a couple of low level toons that I'd like to have leveled but I'm too lazy to do that, think you can come up with a "Level NPC" for me? How about a "Raid NPC" for me for the nights I don't feel like raiding? A "Player NPC" for the days I'm not able to log on?.... STUPID, STUPID, and STUPID. If you need a something, go harvest. Soe, stop catering to the lazy.