Harvester please read.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lacidious, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Lacidious Guest

From what i understand, with the advent of guild halls, our profession is about to be destroyed.

From a fan faire blog:

The harvesting NPCs will be of a specific type (miner, gatherer, etc.),
    and you can tell them to go out and harvest for a certain tier of
    resources. In a couple hours, you can then check back in with him and
    get the results of 100 random pulls from the proper node type.

What affect do you think this will have on us full time harvesters?

I don't like it.

Next thing you know there will be a shiny harvester npc, ack.

Opinions?
  2. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

We will see I guess.
  3. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Wreatch@Nagafen wrote:
    My first reaction is that it sounds good, but I want to learn more.
    • Will he be harvesting for the entire guild or for specific characters. If specific, are there more than one of each type?
    • Can we have more than one harvesting for us at a time?
    • Will he have the same chance of getting rares that I do? Or any chance at all?
    I admit it. I actually like harvesting sometimes. I like crafting too, maybe for the same reason. They are rote, mindless tasks you can perform while letting your mind wander over many things. However, often I don't have the time to do all that I want to do in the game. It's nice seeing more options coming down the line.
    Don't panic. It may turn out to be a good thing (she says, sounding like Martha Stewart).
  4. ARCHIVED-Barbai Guest

I would imagine/hope they would have some restrictions like intial cost to harvest and they don't find any rares. But either way looking at the current purchase price my little guild won't be able afford a guild hall even if we have worked for the level, we are currently level 57 with only a small handfull of active people with only a few active 80's.
  5. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Barbai wrote:
    Where can we get info on what is being announced at Fan Faire? What is the purchase price for guild halls?

N/m. I found the info in Community News.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=426921
    http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/a...000000000#faire
  6. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Chaly Guest

It'll cripple the guys out there selling normal mats. I'd certainly hope that there would be no rares pulled from it.

And I'm in a level 80 guild.
  8. ARCHIVED-Chaly Guest

You're screwed. Flat out. An NPC that really doesn't need to be added.
  9. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

NO way - a terrible idea. Take it out.
  10. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

It will ruin the game. DON'T DO IT. DOMINO -- how could you let such a thing happen!!
    This is terrible -- take it out!!
  11. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

I'm against it myself. Competition is hard enough out there for certain materials as it is. But it's counterbalanced by the fact that (if they're playing by the rules) there's a choice for some if they're going to harvest or if they're going to go do something else. That choice is being taken out of the equation now.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lacidious Guest

Domino we would love some clarification. There are lots of variables here, and answers are needed.

Thanks in advance.
  13. ARCHIVED-jackbytor Guest

I about choked when I read about this on EQ2 Traders. You have got to be kidding right? This has to be some kind of sick demented joke. Whatever...
  14. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

Well... I guess I'm going to be the unpopular one here. I think it is a GREAT idea. If raw mats were being sold at a reasonable price, then I might feel differently, but the prices on the broker are getting fixed so badly that some mats are going for anywhere from 50s to 2gp EACH. Thi smakes levelling my crafters very very expensive. Perhaps the introduction of the harvesting NPC will knock the belly out of the cash cow and help bring the cost of resources back to a normal level.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lacidious Guest

SugarGirl wrote:
    I couldn't disagree more.
  16. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

SugarGirl wrote:
    How? If they don't have to choose between if they want to spend time adventuring or if they want to spend time harvesting, there will be even *more* competition out there for materials. More competition means less availability and this has the potential to make these materials skyrocket because the scarcity will make them infinitely more valuable.

Plus I just don't like the idea that these things sound like they can go straight to a node. At least a player harvester (again, if they're playing by the rules) has to locate the nodes first. I don't see any way these harvesting NPCs will work if they *aren't* able to sense the locations of the nodes they're set for. And that sounds like a huge can of worms to open to me.
  17. ARCHIVED-EshamBlm Guest

SugarGirl wrote:

For people who don't craft but use harvesting to make money the cash cow may be gone, but without harvesting how will they make money to buy your crafted items. I myself don't craft, but I have adept 3's and mastercrafted armor. Without me making money harvesting I could never have bought that stuff, so in reality it will hurt crafters also.
    I think it is a terrible idea. If a guild needs to harvest to get resources for the city than they need to come together as a guild and do it. And I also am in a level 80 guild.
  18. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

This is an absolutely terrible idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this effectively botting provided by an NPC? Terrible, terrible, terrible.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lacidious Guest

I am just assuming here, but I assume they won't ACTUALLY be out in the field running around harvesting, just more or less simulating the harvesting.

Either way, this sucks.
  20. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

Anordil@Lucan DLere wrote:
    agree, its even worse than botting, seriously, the game itself giving out bots, just what did the dev's think?