Hardmode for heroic , urban legend ?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well i heard people speaking about hardmode for some heroic bosses. As example we did Outer Vault boss with only 4 hobbits since it is supposedly one rank higher than with 6.

I don't know if this is just fantasy, when people get exquisite chest they tend to elaborate legends such as : the higher the dps the better the chest, or : if the gorgeous duck pet from steamfont survive the encounter you get extra rewards.

Is there any other heroic mob with " harder " mode.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sounds like modern myths to me , but who cares that's where cool stories come from .
    Once a there was a toon on a far away server in a pre Discord time ages ago ( about 26 years ago ) .
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Pone the Wonderhorse Member

OV with the dirge and templar only is what I hear
  4. Fungiboi New Member

Labs pulling all 4 mobs at once tends to produce higher chance Xbox’s

But Idk I’m just a lame shaman.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

Is there any official information from SOE/dbg/verrant about that ?
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

No I don't know about any such a resource, sorry
    Breanna likes this.
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I don't remember anything about hardmode heroics being a thing until the Skyshrine update.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

Probably nobody ever did enough sampling to be conclusive, Outer Vault with few hafling seem to be a popular belief and pulling Perah without killing the experimental subjects is another.

From a unique experiment i could claim that solving the murder enigma in library grants you an exquisite chest with 3 fabled ;-) but it may as well be luck.
  9. Flibbity New Member

I believe that the OV hardmode is real just based on the number of fabled items in the box it drops (it's like, one more item). The labs one I think is a myth.

Worth noting, the first clear hardmode heroic is Zxrath's Unseen Arcaneum, which is SF Midcontent.