Haraghur the Deathless

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Maymon, May 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Barandos Guest

Noone had an issue with the contested haraghur. Everyone only had issue with its timer. If skylord, iron fang etc etc etc were on a 3 day timer you would have had people crying at them too. They dont remove the contested things out of haragur, just reduce a bit its timer to allow more people to validate. But you make me think of somethinh :
    So my new question to you is this -- why is a reduced timer on a x2 contested wrong, but all the other contested mobs ok? Is it because of the x2 tag?
  2. ARCHIVED-Gorndax Guest

Actually, no. The quest line isn't contestable. We play in a world, and besides instancing, people can not exist in the same place, neither can mobs. The world would not make sense to any gamer if we could park two groups down at ironfang pops rounds going on. We don't live in extra dimensions and hence due to this we accept the consequence that if someone is there then so be it.

However, the important thing to remember is that once Ironfang (for example) dies, he has exactly the same chance to pop the next round. This is not contested.
  3. ARCHIVED-espmrred Guest

Nah, they're all contestable mobs. They're all ring event mobs. The difference is that Har is a 100% pop ring event with a long timer between repops, and Iron fang has a much shorter one, but the odds of it popping are less. And you must be playing in some fantasy server if youv'e never had a mob stolen from you.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ligur Guest

That is exactly the problem. As stated in the past this quest line is contestable all along the way. The only problem I have is that the end contestable mobs have such a long repop timer. That makes the quest line dependant on the time you have to spend. That is my answer to your question. With timers of DAYS it makes it possible to have people block others for MONTHS on end.... especially if the mob drops Fabled gear and thus is going to be killed each time it is up simply for that.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

IT DOESNT DROP FABLED GEAR!

It occaisionaly, and not even half the time at that, drops a master spell. You know what? Ive gotten more masters off trash mobs in sanctum than I have off haraghur. There is not a single piece of gear that is fabled on his loot table. He has like 4 pieces of legendary gear and at least half of them are far worse than other items you will have gotten from this quest by this stage.

Ive said it before, nobody kills this guy for loot. If they do, they are the dumbest people in the game because it would be far more beneficial to break up and go kill trash in palace and sanctum and get more loot and more master spells.

People used the arguement but if he's up, your gonna hit him for the chance. If its so easy to find him just up as your strolling by this didnt need to be changed at all! So that arguement doesnt hold water.

If you support this deathless change, you should also support ALL OTHER NAMED in this quest not dropping loot too. After all they are quest updates, you dont need loot from them rigth? Oh and any loot they ever dropped should be removed, so you may wake up tomorow with an app1 spell instead of a master.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

That's exactly correct.

Dd
  7. ARCHIVED-Ligur Guest

That argument is old Ishbu and doesn'r hold any wayter period. The fact is that he is killed whenever he is up. Whether the people doing that or not are stupid is not the point. The point is that this is a bottle neck with a 3 day timer. If he spawned every 30 minutes on average like the mobs in PoA and SoS do no one would complain.
  8. ARCHIVED-GidionSWE Guest

for ironfang u have to kill PHs that pop every x minute (cant remember) and u might have to do that for as long as 4 days which atleast is the worst someone in my guild has had to wait.
    how is that not worse then just having to slack for maybe 10 hours tops and check back once every hour on haragur?? infact if u got some good guildies/friends they can even sms or msn or whatever u if he pops and u dont have to camp him at all. and when he sms you, you even have an hour to get there wheres on ironfang if your not there when it pops someone else will kill it.
    and saying others might kill haragur makin u wait for 3 days..so what? then u go do something else for 2 and a half days and then do the same thing i said above. If someone kills ironfang infront of u then...well then u have to continue killing those PHs every x minutes for y days giving your full attention for all that time..
    i just dont understand how that isnt worse...
  9. ARCHIVED-lalah Guest

sooo...
    you say, people never kill the mob for items (thus blocking quest for other players).
    and you say, you have gotten more master spells from SoS then from haraghur.
    i assume, you killed him WAAAY more often then just for your one-time quest pling, otherwise you couldnt compare 10+ hours of questing in SoS with a 1 minute fight.
    and THATS why the repop was shortened, because people DO farm the mob.
  10. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

So now, you say only people who are ON the quest need to kill him? I myself have killed him probably 12-15 times, maybe more, helping guildies and friends progress this quest. I have a fairly good idea of his loot table. So by your definition, I am farming?
  11. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Everyone in my guild has done this quest and several alts and people who are no longer in the guild as well. So yes, I have killed the mob more than once. Hell I killed him a bunch of times before ANYONE knew what he was for. Nobody knew he didnt drop loot then, nobody knew he was for a quest. There are always a lot of broken things with the release of an expansion, we figured he was one of them (or his loot table). For months though now everyone knew what this guy was for. Or if you didnt, you didnt bother asking or looking around so you only have yourself to blame. It didnt matter when we were killing him because nobody was on this step of the quest yet world wide, oh and guess who the first people on the server to that step was? Us. So again it didnt matter.

You dont know what you are talking about. We dont farm this mob for loot, ask anyone on our server. Way to try and accuse me of something thats not true only to make yourself look like a pathetic loser.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ligur Guest

First off you answered your own question. Your friend camped him for 4 days (which is out of control... i have never heard of anyone camping him that long, the longest IU have heard is like 10 hours OF TOTAL TIME. Maybe over several days but still only that many hours). However this mob pops EVERY 3 DAYS. The people making the argument that this is the same as PoA mobs are either dilussional or being difficult just to be difficult. You know it's not the same. With the 3 day repop a group of people or a guild could keep this encounter locked down for months. So please lets not be rediculous ok. Make him drop no loot or reduce his timer or make an instanced version, I don't care which but stop having 3 day spawn mobs be the limiting factor on quests and content.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ligur Guest

Stupid double post
    Message Edited by Ligur1 on 06-13-2006 09:21 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Actually I personally camped ironfang for over 37 hours. At first it was with two other people, then I had them afk on the wall and did it myself, then they came back and eventually later after they left again I got him, and then I had to go back and camp him again with them that was counted in my own 37 hours. Thank god I was able to stay online that long consectively.

I spent about 1 hour of actual time camping Haraghur. Now wich took me more time?
  15. ARCHIVED-espmrred Guest

Ligur1, you keep bringing up that guilds COULD lock down Har if they wanted to, the same could be said for ANY mob in the game if a guild really wanted to be ***** about it.

From every post I've gathered you have a resentment towards a particular guild that may be causing trouble on your server -- why not name them? Why continue to lump every guild into your rant simply because you may have an issue with 1.

ANY guild who would lock down Har, simply to be jerks about it, should be called out, as it's not needed, but hearing you go on and on and on about how it COULD happen, it getting really, really old. Find a new arguement!
  16. ARCHIVED-Ligur Guest

What you don't seem to understand is that this issue is an issue of principle for me. It has absolutly nothing to do with my ability to do or not do anything. I believe that THIS GAME is premised on something very simple. It is made for the more casual gamer... as such the mechanics should be there to at least give the hope of casual players getting access to ALL content and ALL quests. I don't care if I ever finish the Claymore or not mobs leading to its conclusion or to more content SHOULD NOT be contested (EDIT: with 3 day spawn timers). That's my opinion of this game... you are allowed to have a different one, in the end the marketing department and the Devs will have the final say.
    This topic is a dead horse and I'm getting flies in my face so I'm putting my stick down. Thanks for the good conversation at times though.
    Message Edited by Ligur1 on 06-13-2006 09:57 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Thats the thing, I am on the same server. Nobody locks it down on our server and really, it goes quite smoothly. I think just about every guild that kills the mob on our server has helped someone else get this update who was standing around waiting for it.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

My only personal problem with the timer (beliefs about game design issues aside) is the fact that timers should never be an approximate multiple of 24 hours. If someone can't play during the day for whatever reason, it shouldn't permanently block them from game content.

Dd
  19. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

The deathless was random between 36 and roughly 54 hours. He had just as much of a chance of spawning 12 hours off of where he had a previous day.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

Seemed to always be around 48 from my observations, but could have been a run of bad luck.

Dd