Haraghur the Deathless

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Maymon, May 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Maymon Guest

This spawn is required for Claymore series of quests The Bowls of Bonemire. My understanding is that it's on a two to three day respawn timer. Already on Najena it's constantly camped by several guilds 24/7.

This will enevitabley get worse as the mainstream start having access to death toll etc.

The loot on this mob is fairly average (IMO) I would lke to see if spawn more often, or a quest version, when the normal version isn't up. This quest version may be activated if your on that part of the quest and doesnt drop loot.

This issue, reading the play, will and is already gettig radiculous.
  2. ARCHIVED-Snarks Guest

I think the fact that this mob spawns as NPC and gives a zonewide emote when he spawns are because he is a quest NPC. If you cant get 12 people in 30 minutes or more than you should have to wait... on our server members of our guild and other guilds have joined combined groups to get quest updates.. maybe try a diplomatic solution if you cannot get ready by the time this mob turns aggro.
  3. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

The zone wide message doesn't happen until he becomes agro which I believe is one hour after his pop.

While this would be nice he really isn't that hard to get, and since his loot is far from fantastic if you need the update people will probably let you in if they are going to kill it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gorndax Guest

Contested mobs should not ever be required for quest completion. They've changed numerous encounters before (like the giant for tranix) to respawn faster etc. The least they can do is make a questable version that drops no loot spawn when you get close. Or a subquest to get some item to spawn him (with or without loot).

Roadblocks shouldn't be major respawn timers. It just simply isnt fun, and there is no skill difference between beating it either way.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

2-day respawn on the guy for LLoL, before they updated it, after it became a T5 item in a T6 world. Or you can just deal with it. The rewards for the quest make there need to be a camp for it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tasnus Guest

Couldn't have said it better myself. They did the right thing with instancing Ascent and Harla, this guy deserves the same treatment. I'm sure even the hardcore guilds would agree this is nothing more than a roadblock and a pita. On the upside though, at least respawn isn't 6 days+ atm.
  7. ARCHIVED-Riversideblues Guest

im gonna agree with Mr pinski here, it's an epic quest, with epic items, why shouldn't there be some epic challange of getting a raid together to stab a big eye to death
  8. ARCHIVED-lalah Guest

you had to kill a x2 epic for "wrapping it all up" too.
    we never had problems killing that guy because he was always up.
    i dont get why it should be any different with haraghur.
    IMHO epic quest has nothing to do with contested - we all know, as long as some required mob is contested, people think its funny to block it.
  9. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

the x2 for wrapping it all up was miles away from anywhere under the sea ...couldnt be made aggro unless you had the quest and didnt drop loot
    thats a rather poor comparison ...if hargur was the same then people wouldnt be farming it for masters and some decent legandary drops / to stop others from progressing ...unfortunatly hes a true contested and a rather weak one at that and its an easy master spell ...i killed him with 5 peeps imo they need to change it so it is like the the epic for wrapping it all up.
    Message Edited by TheEasternKing on 05-19-2006 04:52 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

SOE should just instance Haraghur and while they are at it, even tho they are not needed for a quest they should instance Hurricanus, MO and the 3 princes. /sarcasm off
  11. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

soe have stated there aim is not to deny content to people .......making a mob that you must kill for the epic quest for the tier be contested and drop master legandary gear, allows people to ********* others from completing this quest ....... hargaur is not in this game for anything other that to be a quest update mob
    certain guilds just like with harla deliberatley kill this mob to prevent others from progressing ...and i might add it was a new idea that soe tried for this tier and this tier alone and because certain guilds have abused the system to ********* the idea failed miserably....non of the mobs required for DT access have been made easy they have been instanced to stop certain guilds from ************ other guilds ....so please carry on crying we had it handed to us on a plate .....the mobs are no different to the ones you had to kill yourselfs .....if anything they are harder because these mobs actually work as intended
    comparing hargur the deathless to princes / outcast / hurricanus is all expect from someone in a guild thats quite happy to ********* other guilds to prevent there progression through the expansion .....hargur is an absolute joke of a mob ......do the listed contested mobs fall in that catagory.....soe made a BIG mistake by making mobs that are required for access 1 epic or 2 contested .......no other tier required contested mobs for access .....this one did and it was a dismal faliure,
    i run a euro raid guild ....the only one on my server i can kill this mob with 5 people ....and quite easily deny anyone who needs it access to it ....should i ? is that fair ? i guess the fact i can do this and if they change it i should come to the boards and scream and shout that others are having things handed to them on a plate ....grow up.
    Message Edited by TheEasternKing on 05-19-2006 11:15 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Tasnus Guest

We already have that with DT access.

The thing is I don't play this game to raid the dumb contested mobs, they have nothing to do with the quest line. Honestly there's enough glass chewing to be had in SoS/PoA/Bonemire but I don't mind that stuff, because you can go any day and get updates if they aren't camped. But requiring a contested epic x2 that has a mutiple day respawn and drops loot is comparable to making Knubed required for pris1 completion, just doesn't make sense.. If it's not changed I guess I can live with it, cause i"ll take a x2 2-day respawn over a x4 6-day respawn, but I still think it's quite unnecessary being contested.
  13. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

No we don't. DT got changed. And Knubed had a chance to drop just rares, adepts, and treasured gear, while this guy drops a master spell everytime. Soo, it gets a 2-day respawn!
  14. ARCHIVED-Tasnus Guest

DT was changed how?

And the fact he drops a master every time makes it even worse IMO, because you can get cockblocked by people who don't even need the update and are just after loot.
    Message Edited by Tasnus on 05-19-2006 12:01 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Wow thats pretty harsh. The only person that mentioned princes, hurricanus, and MO is from the same guild that mentioned they joined with others to help get updates. And then you stand here accusing him of ************? Wow. And for the record, to some guilds yes, hurricanus is a joke. Might want to watch what you say to try and prove a point if your going to be wrong about it.
    Certain guilds killed harla to ********* others? Yeah that was the intention, god knows we didnt want to kill a contested mob. That cant be it.
    I guess I shouldnt have wasted my time replying to you when you start this off talking about denying people content. THERE IS NO CONTENT you get access to by killing this mob. All the content is standing right there for you. Nobody is being denied anything. Or were you foolish enough to think that you needed to kill haurghar for deathtoll access?
    Also, are you trying to brag? I killed this mob with 3 people before anyone else ever killed him on the server, who cares? Why would any guild waste their time ************ people from this update? I could get more masters killing trash in palace than camping this guy.
    This is an epic quest with rewards far too good for the difficulty throughout the heroic process and utter crap at the end for the epic part. Godforbid you actually need to use a x2 raid to kill a mob that spawns every 36-50 hours and is so easy some guilds can do it with half a group. Furthermore the mob has such horrible loot that anyone who doesnt need it has almost no reason to waste their time watching and waiting for it when so many others are already.
    If you want to play in an instance game, go try oblivion. If you want to play an MMO quit asking for everything to isolate you from the rest of the game world.
    Message Edited by Ishboozor on 05-19-2006 12:06 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-MeridianR Guest

I 100% agree with the bolded part above....

As for ************, yeah some guilds did it/do it. On Mistmoore there was a European guild that always got the Harla and Hurricanus spawns because they raided earlier then us....but we kept on waiting for the time when we had a shot at it, and it was actually fun (IMO) trying to get setup to give them a try when we had a shot at them.
  17. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

Wow thats pretty harsh. The only person that mentioned princes, hurricanus, and MO is from the same guild that mentioned they joined with others to help get updates. And then you stand here accusing him of ************? Wow. And for the record, to some guilds yes, hurricanus is a joke. Might want to watch what you say to try and prove a point if your going to be wrong about it.
    Certain guilds killed harla to ********* others? Yeah that was the intention, god knows we didnt want to kill a contested mob. That cant be it.
    I guess I shouldnt have wasted my time replying to you when you start this off talking about denying people content. THERE IS NO CONTENT you get access to by killing this mob. All the content is standing right there for you. Nobody is being denied anything. Or were you foolish enough to think that you needed to kill haurghar for deathtoll access?
    Also, are you trying to brag? I killed this mob with 3 people before anyone else ever killed him on the server, who cares? Why would any guild waste their time ************ people from this update? I could get more masters killing trash in palace than camping this guy.
    This is an epic quest with rewards far too good for the difficulty throughout the heroic process and utter crap at the end for the epic part. Godforbid you actually need to use a x2 raid to kill a mob that spawns every 36-50 hours and is so easy some guilds can do it with half a group. Furthermore the mob has such horrible loot that anyone who doesnt need it has almost no reason to waste their time watching and waiting for it when so many others are already.
    If you want to play in an instance game, go try oblivion. If you want to play an MMO quit asking for everything to isolate you from the rest of the game world.
    whos bragging ...im stating that this mob is easy that easy hes one groupable and he drops metal chests ....so why wouldnt people farm it ?
    this is a quest update mob last tier the same equivalent mob was not contested / wasnt attackable unless you were on the quest / and didnt drop loot, for people who arent in a top raid guild or even a good raid guild ...they camp this mob for the fact it lets them raid .....like the cube mobs ...yet another thing that are up for no more than an hour of spawning ...and yes non of the top guilds kill these for farming either ...a lot of smaller guilds do ...the fact they do this is stopping people from updating the epic quest line for this expansion ...im not asking for it to be made instanced .....and please .....people didnt kill harla to ********* ? yeah sure ish u killed it cos its contested and it drops phat loot, you personally might not have done so nor might EC but there are plenty that did
    and out of curosity ....didnt they make the access mobs for DT instanced ? ...why ? becuase people WERE ************ and killstealing to prevent others from getting updates, this mob is no different , if your not about when it spawns you are not getting your updates, and of course people are wrong for being pissed that people are killing it everytime it spawns and they cant get updates form it
  18. ARCHIVED-Tasnus Guest

Lol, if you don't think there aren't idiots out there that wouldn't ********* you just be a-holes to prevent you from simply advancing the quest, think again.
  19. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

They could try, they wouldnt succeed. :) But seriously, this guy is a 36-50 hour spawn, it switches between am and pm quite often. It really isnt hard to get if your trying to get it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

He has a chance to drop 1(ONE) master spell. He spawns every 36-50 hours. Do you have any idea how many masters 12 people could get killing trash in palace of the awakened in that time period? Its a hell of a lot more than one. He also drops a few crappy pieces of legendary gear. If your raid needs that gear (it is pretty freaking bad) your raid might want to reconsider going into deathtoll at all until you have better gear.
    Harla Dar was a real contested mob. Raiding guilds are not of the habit of leaving real contested mobs up for others to kill when they are capable of killing them. My guild for 2 weeks straight trashed or sold every item the 3 princes dropped for us. Does that mean we are about to leave them standing next time they spawn? Hell no. Is it to ********* other guilds? Not intentionally, its more because its a contested mob to raid and thats what we do, we raid.
    Yes they did instance the mobs for DT access. I think it was quite clear that the original intent was that only the most dedicated guilds (aka the ones that would put in the effort to get a contesetd mob) would be getting deathtoll access. However I dont think they realized how many quest junkies also dabble in raiding nor how little raid content they truly had. This created quite and uproar, and combined with people ganking spawned mobs in ascent and people using 48+ people to run the Harla Dar encounter they were forced to instance it. All that asside, that is still an access quest and not a quest for an item. And that is all this is, just a quest for an item that people are greedy for. If they truly are doing it for the lore, I can give them all the lore and then this whole issue is resolved.