Happy Eighth Anniversary EQII!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Windstalker, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Windstalker Guest

Happy Eighth Anniversary to all of you intrepid Norrathians who make our world come to life every day! Thank you for your time, passion, and steadfast commitment to your online world...
    It has been an amazing eight years for EverQuest II and I think this past year, and next year, will be the best ever! This team has really hit some big milestones over the year and worked tirelessly to bring you memorable moments and visceral experiences. Not only that, every day they take constructive feedback from you, our players, and set to work on what the game needs, like the PvP relaunch, playing as your character in Dungeon Maker, bug fixes, UI tweaks, newbie zone improvements, and of course, MORE CONTENT!
    Not only has the team produced more content in the past year than ever before, it’s been great content. We forged new ground with the quality and detail of the art for both characters and environments that really shows the story to you. Game Designers have complemented the art with intricate storytelling and events that bring our fantasy world to life. And with Chains of Eternity – our ninth expansion – we have pushed the bar even higher with really rich content, environments, items, abilities, tradeskilling additions...and a LOT more.
    So, here’s to you and thank you for being with us another year...and stick around! We aren’t done yet. Not by a long shot!
    And here's a couple of notes from the team...
    Akil Hooper, Lead Designer: I remember playing in Beta with the producer, Holly Longdale, while we were both designers on EQ1. We both believe in this game so much that we came back to work on it. It’s evolved and improved so much it’s staggering. I’m proud to be a part of it all.
    Tim Heydelaar, Art Director: It’s so hard describe how satisfying it is to see the evolution of the art in this game. Not only have our environments become breathtaking, the characters feel at home where they live in the zones. There is nothing like having folks pop by here and do double-takes at the work we’re doing. It’s a joy, not a job.
    Dave Kish, Senior Programmer: This game is so awesome! Believe it or not, I still play even today and have been playing for years. Trust me when I tell you that we are making this game as much for players as we are for ourselves. We love spending our “ON” time and our “OFF” time in this amazing game. Even my wife works at SOE and we STILL play together!
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

[IMG]
    Where's the party?
  3. ARCHIVED-HadleysHope Guest

Happy Birthday guys. Having had the privilidge to hear and actually speak to these guys at SoE Live this year I can honestly say if anything Holly is underselling how pasionate these guys are about what they do, and how much they care about the community.

Awesome awesome job guys, I would say keep up the good work but there is no need because I know you guys will.

HH
  4. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

Happy Anniversary to the Devs and Player's - both past and present - who have made this game such an amazing community.
  5. ARCHIVED-naladini Guest

Happy anniversary everyone, great to see a game continuing in steady growth mode after so many years. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Calthine wrote:
    The real question is there any cake left?
    if you need an excuse to buy a cake this is it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

General_Info wrote:
    The cake is a lie..but that should be expected.
  8. ARCHIVED-Windstalker Guest

There is no cake....
    :(
  9. ARCHIVED-HadleysHope Guest

Holly, thats shocking news. I'm sure we could all throw a buck or two in the pot for you guys.

The very least you guys deserve is cake! and darn good cake at that!

HH
  10. ARCHIVED-Celestial Knight Guest

Happy Eighth Anniversary!
    I look forward to many more years of enjoyment
  11. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Congratulations on eight years!!! Here's to many more!
  12. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Happy Birthday!
  13. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

14. ARCHIVED-Starbuck1771 Guest

Windstalker wrote:
    and who was too lazy to do a little regifting? After all there is already a birthday cake in the game from when the russians joined EQ2. there is vodka in game as well. I should know because my acount still has some.