Handicaped player lookin for Ideas

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Roadrash, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Roadrash New Member

Hello! and thank you for looking at my thread I'm a resent stroke victim so I've been trying to log in and play are their any out their that have the same condition as me if so what do they use to assist them in playing it has me really down because I cant play and have not ordered AoE not wanting to waste money because I'm on a fixed income any pointers would be great now that I'm a right hander

Thank you and God bless u
    Roadrash
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

Hi there, I'm not in the situation as you, but if you can elaborate on the special considerations you need I'm sure some of us can offer suggestions
    Roadrash likes this.
  3. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Often, stroke victims have a wide variety of potential difficulties post-stroke. I'm not trying to get too deep into what you're battling, but I agree w/ santargria - suggestions we can offer are largely based on what you're trying to overcome.

1 idea... macros. Being able to hit a few keys instead of needing a wide range of movement might make your life easier. If you need help setting up useful macros, many people here can assist with that, for sure.
  4. Roadrash New Member

I have now instead of a left hand a piece of luggage with extremely slow response from my fingers me spamming heals or dps on the number key are not an option not for a long while to come the only sensible idea I have came up with is to purchase a 12 button gaming mouse and to map them to the buttons but as stated I'm on a fixed income its either the xpac of the gaming mouse lol its taken a month for me to even understand a key board because a keyboard is a learned musel movements my only alternative is to remap my key board for my right hand but that would be a lot of trial and error.

Thank You and God Bless You
    Roadrash
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

You *could* macro the heals/dps to the 9/0/-/= keys. Not ideal but it might help.
    The gaming mouse is probably the best solution longterm, though. Sorry to hear about your struggles.
    santargria and Roadrash like this.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

Ok I get it - if it were me, I would forget the update for now and focus on getting a gaming keyboard/ mouse and get my hot bars and movement keys assigned

while doing that I would focus on tradeskills - they don't require much movement and you can probably accomplish quite a bit while getting your keyboard and mouse programmed correctly.

Here's a pair that's not too expensive:
    http://www.amazon.com/Delux-Singal-...d=1415749583&sr=8-16&keywords=gaming keyboard

You may even be able to accomplish some tradeskill quests while working with your new equipment

My 2 cents - and kudos to you for pushing forward with your disability - many might have given up and resigned themselves to a lessor life.

Hope it all works out for you
  7. Roadrash New Member

lesser never at 40 I still have a life ahead of me
    santargria and Mogrim like this.