Handcrafted & Mastercrafted Gear Errors

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tigress, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

MC gear is still being outdone by treasured dropped/quested reward gear. A lvl 22 MC set should last the wearer until the next set at 32, but isn't even close now.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

I've sent feedback with some specific examples, but the dexterous leather sets and regular leather sets have the exact same stats - str/sta on both, plus the same blue stats. Given beastlords are coming and will be a leather-wearing scout, can we please get one or the other changed to agi/sta? I'd say dexterous as agi, so name follows function...
    The woven leather is wis/sta, which is great for druids, except its numbers are lower than the same tier of dexterous or regular leather.
    And on the name-function thing, any particular reason why the devout plate got str/sta along with the vanguard plate, while the regular plate is the wis/sta? Not a bug, I know, but something that's regularly boggled me when getting new gear for my characters.
  3. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    When it was added, Devout was plate armor with crusader stats, not cleric stats. (Though when STR was the melee stat for all 24 classes, melee clerics wore it too.) Vanguard was always warrior-statted, Plate was always cleric-statted.
    So now that we've got the understandable-by-three-year-olds two-stat system, devout became just STR/STA so it's still crusader-wear.
  4. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Went to make a couple of t2 items for a mage alt and discovered the turquiose orb & tanned leather tomes are both statless. The should be int/sta items. Mastercrafted ones (coral orb & cured leather tome) both correctly have stats, int/sta.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

In preparation for beastlords, I've noticed the following problems with tailored leather recipes:
    • No leather set has +AGI on it right now
    • Other than appearance, there are no differences between a "regular" leather set and a "dexterous" leather set.
    • Consistently across all tiers, the blue and green stats are mixed up. Mastercrafted should have better blue and green stats, but often the case is that the blue and/or green stats are worse than the handcrafted. The amount of errors are simply too many to count.
    • Mysteriously, tier 5 mastercrafted leather (Augmented) adds a second blue stat (Attack Speed) for the melee versions while reducing the first stat (DPS Mod). This is not present in the handcrafted (Strengthened). This trend is continued into tier 6 (Stonehide and Scaled), tier 7 (Horned and Dragonhide), tier 8 (Bristled and Hidebound), and tier 9 (mottled and spotted)
    • Mysteriously, tier 8 handcrafted (Bristled) has multi-attack, but tier 8 mastercrafted (Hidebound) does not.
    • Mysteriously, tier 8 dexterous bristled is inferior to vanilla bristled in every way. This trend continues into tier 9.
    • Mysteriously, tier 9 eschews the entire previously established progressions and goes off in its own direction. For no reason tier 9 BPs have casting speed on the melee pieces, a stat which is utterly useless to melee classes.
    This is just a sampling of the "problems" with tailored leather. It would take a major series of spreadsheets to fully illustrate the problems.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rhendabryn Guest

All round shields are priest only except tier 1, tier 8, and the di'zok and riliss faction round shields. No scout love.
  7. ARCHIVED-x82nd77 Guest

While you are at it any chance of putting WIS on some of the scout gear for us battle priests? There is NO gear while leveling for us.
  8. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Well, 36 days (and counting), and still no reply from anyone at SoE. Not even a "we are still working on it, no eta at this time." post.
    I have come to the conclusion that they just don't give a hang about fixing anything at this point.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mizlek Guest

Another patch day come and gone. All my Round Shield recipes (tier 1 excepted) produce Bucklers that are Priest Only, Priest Stats, and not useable by Scouts. Most dropped Round Shields that I've seen are the same. It's been how long since GU 61 broke them now? I give up.

-Miz
  10. ARCHIVED-Rhendabryn Guest

Imbued Architect's Vest, level 32 Mastercrafted chest, used to be cloth has been chain since the GU. Thanks in advance for fixing this.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    it isn't only the leather armor that has the hand crafted blue and green stats betther then the mastercrafted cloaks are the same way.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

i'm having visions of druids and brawlers logging in & discovering that their gear is no longer suitable for them. pls dont do this, SOE. find a better way to fix it.
    unattuning was nice; however, my swashbuckler never got all of her gear corrected. why? she was in MC gear. i dont have more of the rares & could not find a crafter so i had to put her in handcrafted. (my swash is my only character on that server so i could not switch to my army of alts and craft it.) i was going to replace her HC gear when someone bought the MC gear but ppl arent buying her old MC gear. pls don't swap stats on existing items again. find a better way to give give the beastlords leather clothes, like make them new clothes.
  13. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Well, over four months and still no reply as to the state of MC gear.
    Do we even have a TS developer since Domino got her promotion? Is ANYONE even working on this? You can't tell me that in four months, SOMEONE couldn't pop in for 30 seconds and give us some kind of update.
  14. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

I read a rumor that we now have a tradeskill developer. If that is true, I would love for the new dev to pop into the tradeskill thread and let us know what they are working on, and a possible ETA on fixes.
    Yes, I am beating an apparently dead horse, since this thread has been ignored for four and a half months, but I keep dreaming that someone at SOE is working on these problems.....
  15. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

The last post from ANYONE at SOE was from Domino on September 1, 2011, assuring us that things were being worked on. In case anyone is paying attention, that was 6 1/2 months ago.
    Now, Domino is not at SOE anymore, so who is working on this? If you want a reason why people are fed up and leaving, this lack of communication is exactly why. Game mechanics, tradeskills, itemization, pvp, you name it, and SOE is ignoring it.
    They seem to have plenty of people chugging out stuff to push on the SC store though....nice to know where their priorities are.
  16. ARCHIVED-Omougi Guest

Raienya wrote:
    Hi there! I have been hard at work preparing new awesome tradeskill stuff for GU63. This new TS stuff is going to test later this week! :)
    I'm not trying to pull wool over your eyes with new shiney things though, just letting you know what I've been working on.
    After all the bugs for this new update are ironed out, I will be revisiting outstanding issues and getting them resolved. Mastercrafted/Handcrafted stat disparity issues, round shield recipe issues, etc. I can't give you a firm ETA because of how unpredictable timetables can be sometimes.
    What I can tell you is these bugs/issues annoy us as much as they annoy you, and we want to have the majority of them addressed ASAP (before GU64).
  17. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Typical SOE response in the Smokejumper era.
    "No, we're not going to fix stuff anytime soon, HOWEVER! Look at the new shiny stuff we're adding to make you forget about the broken stuff we're not fixing!"
  18. ARCHIVED-Mizlek Guest

Omougi wrote:
    I just fell out of my chair.
    Just an FYI. The broken round shield recipes are not a tradeskill issue specifically. Crafted AND dropped round shields are both flagged as bucklers (complete with priest stats and unusable by scouts). This is an Itemization issue, and it's only the tip of the iceberg.
    Having said that, I'd be glad to at least get craftable round shields back.

-Miz
  19. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Omougi wrote:
    Omougi,
    Thanks for acknowledging that there is someone looking at the itemization screwup that is now about 10 months old. Now that GU63 is out, can you stop by and give us a brief update on how the fixes are going?
    And I REALLY hope that you have something better for crafters in GU64 than 63.
  20. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

Was tempted to come back, use my sc balance.
    This thread was all I needed to see.
    Not going to.