Handcrafted for Spells?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Liyle, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Liyle Guest

Is there a reason that player crafted Apr IV spells are Treasured instead of Handcrafted? This has been such an irritant in broker searches for so long it's hard to understand why it hasn't been changed by now.
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Liyle wrote:
    Never seen a reason, they should be handcrafted (or labeled worthless since no one buys them anyway), but for muting put -app in the search bar to remove all apprentice spells helps tons.
  3. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

There was a reason given once for not changing them all over, but darned if I can remember.

Of course, if they were handcrafted then NPC's couldn't sell AppII's.
  4. ARCHIVED-sliderhouserules Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Umm... why?
  5. ARCHIVED-Razlath Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    OMG if this works I can't tell you how happy this will make me! I will try it just as soon as I resurrect my computer as it died on Wednesday!
    Thanks!
  6. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Yep, this was the original reason, but it may be less valid now than it was then.
    When the game came out, all non rare crafted was treasured and players could make less than app4 on a failed combine.
    They were unable to make apprentace spells handcrafted because this would mean making all apprentace spells handcrafted, which is not supposed to happen on vender sold items.
    However, not that players can only make app 4 spells, they may be able to make just them handcrafted, though that would mean that the better app spell is handcrafted (technically a lower desigation than treasured).
  7. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Heh.. seriously? These are transmutable?? Wow.. I'm cleaning all the app IV's off the broker today and getting to work! Woot!
  8. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Liyle wrote:
    Hey, if they are treasured, can I transmute them? Don't think so:)
  9. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    As it says in every guide on Transmuting, Apprentice IV spells can not be transmuted. It is the most noted exception to the rule of treasured items being transmutable.
    What in this conversation gave you the idea they could be transmuted?
  10. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

When searching for transmutables when I was leveling I used to just make my search for all attunable and swap treasured, legendary etc. That worked perfect. And I a seperate search for adepts which I raised as I leveled.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Meh.. I just saw that they were labeled "Treasured" and completely forgot about the gear only rule. I haven't had the patience or gold to level past 20 yet so I make no excuses for my ignorance. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Razlath Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    Its actually not gear only. Adept I spells are transmuteable as well.